10+ Year Old Account

Review our Healers, Resto Druid

I have worked on DPS and Tanks. Now it is time to look how our healers are doing. Please look and see if there as anything to improve on. All input is greatly appreciated.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dhotter/simple

Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/febal972vmilwjo0/

too much haste ... ( 3043 haste = cap ) reforge haste into mastery plz.
    around 16% mastery since he's balance specced ( -10% atleast i guess therefore the 16% )... he needs MOAR mastery .
    +80 stats on chest instead of the spirit one

he should get some more spirit .. 11k is not enough to go into heroics
    He should really play with Heart of the wild, instead of nature's vigil, the passive spell boost is way better .

Harmony uptime 84% not bad but he should have it up at almost 100%

Deleted
    It doesn't seem to me like he's using a whole lot of mushrooms either.

That said, he does beat your disc priest at Horridon, which makes me shed a tear (good for the druid though).

yeh forgot to check the shrooms ...

You would probably be better positioned to evaluate the effectiveness of your healers if you were using a more appropriate number of healers for the fight at hand. When you over saturate the raid with healers there is too much healing going out relative to the damage being taken. I find this leads to overall disengagement from healers which can result in lazy healing accounting for low up time on abilities and other indicators of poor performance. Try swapping one healer for a DPS and you should find your healers are forced to be more responsive during the fight which pushes them to perform.

Trying to be constructive here but it is kind of hard to ding a your Resto Druid on Harmony up time or Shroom usage if the fights feel like a snooze to him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    You would probably be better positioned to evaluate the effectiveness of your healers if you were using a more appropriate number of healers for the fight at hand. When you over saturate the raid with healers there is too much healing going out relative to the damage being taken. I find this leads to overall disengagement from healers which can result in lazy healing accounting for low up time on abilities and other indicators of poor performance. Try swapping one healer for a DPS and you should find your healers are forced to be more responsive during the fight which pushes them to perform.

Trying to be constructive here but it is kind of hard to ding a your Resto Druid on Harmony up time or Shroom usage if the fights feel like a snooze to him/her.
    Yeah I agree with this, when I 3 heal ToT I hardly do any healing at all because it's just boring to 3 heal content that should be 2 healed, pretty much all 3 healers can only halfass it and you'll still kill the bosses, but it'll be hard to judge your healers since they probably aren't trying too hard.

As for the Druid, he doesn't seem to use Mushrooms, ever. Even on Jin'rokh who is like the best mushroom fight ever he wasn't using them, and they can be pretty helpful for healing on almost all fights. Oh, and Nature's Vigil is bad, I'd never use that as Resto and probably wouldn't even use it as Boomkin, HotW passive is better, plus you can use it and spike 100k+ DPS on some fights when damage is low and you don't have to heal much. Obviously isn't the healers job to DPS, but if they can do 100k for 20 seconds or so that's at least a little bit less the DPS has to do.

Deleted
    DeathManz have already mentioned the haste, that has to be fixed. Get 3043 haste and then stack mastery after that it's not worth it going for the higher hastecaps - and even so - you should never go for them until you can actually reach them. Glyphs are fine (though Wild Growth glyph does make for less of a healingincrease then on 25man - here he could use stampede or something similar if you need a movement raidcooldown).

His talents are probably fine as well if he switch between them on different fights. Incarnation + Nature's Vigil is a good combo for bursthealing as well as Soul of the Forest together with Heart of the Wild is good for throughput. Knowing when to use what and where can make a big difference in output capability.

I'm not sure if his gemming is due to him having balance spec on - but as a general advice I'd tell him to get rid of the int+haste gems to get spirit gems in there. Int isnt as strong as it used to be - and spirit giving twice the amount of stats than int on gems I'd gem spirit as far as I can and then go for int on trinkets and the rest of the gear.