Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/342809352744345600

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    .@Binkenstein @Warcraft As @Ghostcrawler said, pick the feature in 5.4 you like best and *that’s* the big expansion feature. There’s a few.
    So if you don't like this one there's another there's "a few" to chose from.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

i don't understand this at all. Yeah guys lets take away wotlk style raiding where 10 man was rewarding lower ilvl loot by a fraction and was a little easier for people to play with their friends in in favour of sharing lockouts for 10 and 25. Then lets chuck in raid finder and make it compulsory to gear so that anyone who wants to raid has to do it to get anywhere in the first place. And now lets make ANOTHER mode of the same encounter when all we have done is whinge about how we can't balance 10 and 25 man to be equal in difficulty yet we now can miraculously with any number between 10 and 25...

Seriously.. what the hell??

10+ Year Old Account
    This is interesting. If this works out well then I hope they drop 10 and 25 man, leaving Normal flex raids and Heroic Flex raids, and LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Very odd. At least they're admitting that Normal is too hard for normal people, but I don't know if this is the right solution.
    Too hard for LFR ppl. Not for normal ppl.

But that won't fix it. They don't care about socialization, managing groups, etc. most complainers just want the higher ilvl without the increased challenge from normal or heroic.

Most will see that the gear is still lower ilvl than normal mode and will find that offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    It sounds awesome, but I'm wondering how lockouts will work.
    It will have a separate lockout from normal and LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about this feature because it doesn't impact them. Worthless people.

This is actually pretty huge. People can bring 15 people to a raid instead of 25 and instead of 10. Imagine if they later add this mode to normal and heroic. No more benching of players. This can be game changing.

Instead of the per person loot it really should be that the bosses will only drop gear that people in the raid can use and don't already have, but the bosses could drop int plate with no hpal in the group but a plate wearer class. And just get rid of LFR and put this in, so much better..

please god make it share a lockout with something

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Yeah, this sounds really cool, but I think having fewer than 10 (say, a minimum of 6 or 7?) would be a good addition to this.

Sometimes having only 8 or 9 people to raid is the reason some raid groups fall apart.
    Agree, seems kinda pointless to me as a 10-man guild as it won't be something we can do when raids are cancelled/finish early because we ended up a few players short.

Seems kinda good for cheesing glory achvs and not a lot else - kinda not happy with the idea of needing to do LFR, LFR+ and normal raids every week if we're after trinkets/tier bonuses. Having normal modes scale would have been far more appealing so you could run 12 players for 10-man without the need to sit guys each week.

Deleted
    I don't understand, why don't they just revert to the WotLK style of raiding instead of making things more confusing and uglier?

So this was one of their unannounced features? i must say Lore kept saying that would be a great idea and look they are doing it . This feature won't affect much as im progressing through heroics but its a very welcome addition . thnx blizz !

I have a suggestion, scrap it all it's a fucking awful idea. I'm about to come back to WoW after a LONG hiatus and it's things like this that make me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Interesting implementation. It's only too bad that I can't normally round up more than 8 friends/family to a raid.
    There are some things to think about: Raids usually need 2 tanks, at least 2 healers, etc. Wonder if you can still run it with 8 (even though it would scale down to 10), seeing as it's a different difficulty level. Essentially 8-man it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ergh, boring addition to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how this even serves a purpose. Adding one more member to the group causing a sacrifice of several ilvls isn't really worth it. People will just bring 10 or 25 anyway.

So instead of requiring Heroic raiding guilds to run LFR for gear at the start of some tiers, now they'll have to run Flex mode, which provides higher ilvl than LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be more interested in this if it weren't limited to just this new difficulty level. My guild is a 10 man guild with 2x 10 man raid teams. We often have one missing from each time on any given night, so we are unable to field a full 25man raid. If this system were available in normal mode, we could merge our two ten man groups into a anywhere between 18-22 man raid each week.

While I care much more for the PvP side of the game, I think this is a nice feature.

More options on how people raid = a good thing

Edit: id IS NOT shared. So we can raid both our regular raid and this mode every reset. Alright.

wonder how the ilvl will work this time im guessing SoO lfr will be 560? considering t15 hc TF is 549 atm (with upgrades0 flexxi would be 570? normal 585? and hc 600?