Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, pvp is terrible don't bother. plenty of other mmos to try completely free.

I have only played the trial but GW 2 really gets my respect. It's well worth the price atleast.

Deleted
    no - spvp is not worth the money

spvp is total broken
    - horrible balance
    - buggy maps(foefire, khylo exploitable)
    - Bad maps(skyhammer, Spirit watch, capricorn) and some even forced to play in competive mode
    - no infrastructure
    - Rewardsystem broken
    - Premade Teams in Teampvp have to fight(FARM) Randomteams mixed from soloplayers and get even ranking for this in leaderboards
    - no players - when you join soloQ you see same ppl in your team or enemyteam from 80% - top 200 or something

and they dont work on spvp . did nothing since release
    only when in forum the complaining start to be loud they come out and say they work on it and we will see something in next 2-3 months - but they never did anything

so no - dont buy - you waste only your money
    Last edited by mmoc6f3817dca5; 2014-01-11 at 12:28 PM.

While I'm definitely not a fan of PvP in GW2 I have to correct you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    - buggy maps(foefire, khylo exploitable)
    - Bad maps(skyhammer, Spirit watch, capricorn) and some even forced to play in competive mode
    - Premade Teams in Teampvp have to fight(FARM) Randomteams mixed from soloplayers and get even ranking for this in leaderboards

and they dont work on spvp . did nothing since release
    How is kyhlo exploitable? I'd love to hear about this.
    And what bugs are you talking about?

This has been removed quite some time ago.

By my previous comment you know that this comment is also not true.

I still have to stress that the overall sentiment is right, GW2 is a horrible PvP game so if that's your sole interest do not buy it.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    How is kyhlo exploitable? I'd love to hear about this.
    And what bugs are you talking about?
    you can kill enemy trebuchet in last 5 seconds in the starter minute than enemy team start with no trebuchet

foefire you can do same with gates

Never seen that and whenever gates etc have been killed they always were repaired.

You seem quite out of touch with the game so I take it this happened long times ago?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    no i paly everyday 3+ hours pvp only and im on rank 51 and this bug is exploited alot in teamQ and soloQ

and it is not fixed

Weird because some of the things you listed have been fixed for over a year...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who to believe, Inora does seem to be better rank.

Deleted
    rank doessnt matter but just check official pvp forum - threads about this you find fast

10+ Year Old Account
    rank doessnt matter but just check official pvp forum - threads about this you find fast
    Rank matters if one is to take advice/knowledge about something. But yeah google found this http://dd.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/co...efire_exploit/

10+ Year Old Account
    I can blow up a gate or treb pretty damn fast with my FGS, but everything respawns before the match starts.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    no karizee it doessnt respawn when do it right - jsut read the reddit thred the poster before you posted

And that's the difference, someone more knowledgeable shows up and I (rightfully) shut up...

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Dantess
    It's been around for a long time. If it makes you feel better no one does it higher ranks. I was talking to some top 100 people and they have never seen someone do until I told them about it.
    I'm too pro to encounter it!
    (obvious joke but I have to write it out for some so I just did)
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-01-11 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't know who to believe, Inora does seem to be better rank.
    rank just restricts cosmetic rewards

it is 100% pointless in terms of everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

no karizee it doessnt respawn when do it right - jsut read the reddit thred the poster before you posted
    In which it is an exploit and will be fixed soon. Just like there are obvious exploits in other games and by other games I just mean every game. Singling out GW2 is just grasping at straws to downplay the game.

The game is worth its price and is a one time purchase, the PvP is probably better then most regardless of what people think is "imbalanced".
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Zito, do some research, the bug's been around for ages apparently so a fix "soon" is a hilarious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Zito, do some research, the bug's been around for ages apparently so a fix "soon" is a hilarious statement.
    And there was an entire season at the beginning of cataclysm where warriors 2 shot players via an exploit.

SARCASM ISN'T WELCOMED ON THE INTERNET

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

The topic was sPvP. The exploit is a long-existing one that affects the game in quite a substantial way.

Trying to hand-wave it with a, "It's ok, all games have bugs." is the kind of nonsense that doesn't help ANY game. Why fanatics in any given MMO haven't realized this yet is a mystery to me.
    Singling out a known bug in one game and making the game look like crap so you wouldn't buy it doesn't help either and widely inflates the problem.

This is nonsense. The game is worth its B2P model.

If you're interested in the game for PvP and the feedback you hear from dedicated PvPers is that the system is very buggy/broken/etc...then yes, it becomes a situation where you probably wouldn't be interested in the game in the long term.
    You mean like every other game with PvP in existence?

Again, just trying to pretend it's all "not a big deal" or "will be fixed soon" or "it's ok, it's just a bug" doesn't do the game any favors. (Other than getting someone to pay the box price and play for a week, I guess.)
    I am not downplaying that it isn't a big deal, I'm stating that every other games have to deal with the same crap so singling out GW2 is pointless.

Yes, clearly no game is better or worse than any other game. Everyone is happy and equal.
    Don't put words in peoples mouths to make a point.

Of course, that doesn't leave any compelling reason to pick this game over any other, either.
    Game has bugs and exploits, just like any other. It is not enough reason to pick this over another and singling out that fact is pointless and does nothing. Get something specific, like a feature or something.

I guess I'd better give up before I get in trouble for not being on the "Rainbows and Unicorns" fanteam in this forum, though.
    I am the last person who is a "fanteam" you can ask karizee about that (I often point out she over advertises on things that are not that great). I give credit where credit is due, don't single out a common issue in 100% of all games to make one game look bad. It is just plain stupid...
    Last edited by zito; 2014-01-11 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    rank just restricts cosmetic rewards
    I was jesting, but surely higher rank means more experienced?