Thread: Resto advice

Deleted

Resto advice

Hey guys.I am new to the forums by the way.So here is the deal.I have been playing my resto druid since wotlk.This xpansion i have a feeling that i am doing something wrong.Since i recently started raiding hc's with my guild,i would like some advice/comments on my gearing and gemming if possible.
    I am not allowed to post any links yet so:
    Character name:Trigenis
    Realm:Twilight's Hammer-Eu

Thank you in advance!
    /moo

Deleted
    Firstly, you have waaaaaaaaaaaay too much haste, you should go for the 3043 breakpoint, as the ones above it are generally not worth it.
    Secondly, you should prioritize mastery gems, in yellow and prismatic put a +320 mastery, in red put a +80 int/+160 mastery, and in blue put a +160 spirit/+160 mastery.

7039 haste ... ( 3043 = cap )
    18,20% mastery ... ( the more you have the better ...

Totally wrong gemming... ( intel + mastery / spirit + mastery are the way to go never gem full haste...)
    Chest t15 restoration is useless you should try and loot the chest from council or take the moonkin t15 chest .
    Crafted boots > your boots.
    you have way too much crit aswell .

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sinstralis/Deathmanzz/simple
    Last edited by DeathManz; 2013-06-06 at 11:40 PM. Reason: wrong link

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple things are, yes you are going far to heavy on haste, and a little low on spirit for what I would like in Heroics.

Go for the 12.5% Breakpoint with the 5% Spell Haste, after that reforge heavily to mastery.

As pointed out above, I believe that because of how good mastery is for us, the crafted boots are BiS.

I would say also, yes gem either Intellect and Intellect Mastery or Spirit and Spirit Mastery, depending on how hard you burn your mana.

Deleted
    I was aiming for the 21,46 haste breakpoint,but from your advice i suppose it's not worth it right?

nope, not worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by Trigenis View Post
    Hey guys.I am new to the forums by the way.So here is the deal.I have been playing my resto druid since wotlk.This xpansion i have a feeling that i am doing something wrong.Since i recently started raiding hc's with my guild,i would like some advice/comments on my gearing and gemming if possible.
    I am not allowed to post any links yet so:
    Character name:Trigenis
    Realm:Twilight's Hammer-Eu

Thank you in advance!
    /moo
    best advice I can give...go pay a visit to AskMrRobot...it is a great tool to utilize for what you are looking for. Make sure it is set to the 3043 haste BP. I will show you the proper gems, enchants and reforges for your current gear to reach the designated break points, etc.

Deleted
    As TheBGreene said go AskMrRobot at the start to know wich gems/enchants you should use, but dont trust everything, right now I'm doing some hc and AskMrRobot just tells me to stack spirit like crazy but with less spirit I feel comfortable with my playstile

AskmrRobot ... really ?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...genis/advanced
    WoWheroes [For logs]: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...mmer/Trigenis/

[Gemming]At higher gear levels you may find it's better to gem into +320 mastery, +80int / +160 mastery and + 160spirit / +160 mastery for yellow, red and blue sockets respectively once you are reforged for a comfortable amount of spirit (I personally use between 10-12k spirit). The hybrid gems offer better throughput than the pure intellect ones (more can be read here).

[Reforging and Enchanting] You are gemming haste in a few items, yet you also reforge out of this particular stat and have enchanted haste on gloves instead of mastery. I advise you to first aim for the 3043 haste breakpoint without gems & enchants to see how close you can get and then adjust accordingly (i.e. you can follow the gemming strategy outlined in point 1) - I recommend using reforgelite for this purpose as it can save a lot of time & hassle when dealing with reforges. Side note: There is a leg enchant called Greater pearlescent spellthread which is int / spirit which is more beneficial than the int / crit leg enchant.

[Logs]If I look over some logs, your harmony and lifebloom uptimes are not consistent from one fight to the next, from what I can see, so try to monitor them in some way either via weakauras, a tellmewhen or some other addon and ensure that they do not fall off at any point (remember lifebloom has a 4% chance to proc clearcasting which can save a lot of mana). You may also wish to monitor your healing meta gem proc as you can put out rejuvs which may cause overhealing in some cases but also help to build your wild mushrooms for later use.

Also, your swiftmend useage is sometimes a bit lacklustre on some logs I saw so you may wish to keep a closer eye on it's CD and use it accordingly as the efflorescence and direct heal play a major part in druid healing. Side note: Harmony (mastery buff) lasts for 20 seconds while swiftmend has a 15 second cooldown so by using swiftmend within 5 seconds of it coming off CD you will not have to worry much about maintaining harmony once you get into a rhythm of using swiftmend.

[Professions] You currently have herbalism as one of your professions which should really be changed into something more useful if you wish to progress into heroic raiding, some good examples for resto druids could be:
    - Blacksmithing for the 2xadditional sockets on bracers and hands (easy to level with ghost iron ore in mists)
    - Tailoring for the cloak enchants (int or spirit another solid choice)
    - Leatherworking for easy bracer enchants of +500int
    - Inscription for the +520int shoulder enchant

EDIT: I would not recommend using mr. robot and advise you to read up on the Elitist Jerks resto druid guide and adjust your gear accordingly.

Looking at your armory I can see that you've followed some of the advice and stepped away from heavy haste build, I assume you can't go down to 3043 and that's why you are currently higher.

To improve your character I would do as follows;
    Buy the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault for Valor and uppgrade it 2/2.
    It's a lot better than Qin-xi's Polorazing Seal and especially when you learn how to use it efficently, I still have mine and It's great!

For gemming I would personally turn away from the heavy Mastery build you've and turn towards a spirit based build. Using the Purified Imperial Amethyst for Red sockets, Zen Wild Jade in Yellow Sockets and Sparkling River's Heart in Blue Sockets.

You can now spend mana covering the raid with more hots and storing up your shrooms faster for the big aoe bursts and in that way gain more hps than you would with mastery or atleast that's what I found out when I switched. Therefore I highly recommend switching towards the spirit build

But everyone is different when it comes to healing but this is my opinion!

And about talents eventhough you did not ask for it :P
    I suggest using displacer beast for a lot of the fights, just a nice blink to avoid mechanics that catch you off guard!