Rotation problems

Hi,
    Im playing a balance druid as an alt and i find myself having some doubts about when to refresh dots. Im only ilvl 491 but i do have the soft haste cap. Cant post my armory link so if interested look for Lillybee on Silvermoon realm.
    Now my doubts are:
    1. Found myself with in 1 cast away from exiting an eclipse ( im in Solar eclipse, at around 10 energy left before entering neurtal) and with only 4-5 seconds left of Sunfire on the target. Should i refesh the dot before exiting Solar or do i refesh it when it only has 2-3 seconds left no matter if im in neutral?
    2. Im two casts away from entering Lunar eclipse and my Moonfire dot just expired. Do i refesh it now or do i cast 2 more Wraths and apply Moonfire when im in eclipse?
    3. Im one cast away from entering Lunar eclipse and my Starsurge just procd. Do i cast one more Wrath and then use the instant Starsurge with increased benefits from the Eclipse or do i use Starsurge so i can get into the Lunar Eclipse faster?
    4. When dealing with 3-4 adds like in Ji-kun hc for example, do i first apply the eclipsed dot on all targets then get back to the first target to apply the non eclipsed dot, or can i put both dots on first target, then both dots on 2nd , 3rd etc?
    5. Im 2 casts away from an eclipse and my Starsurge is off cooldown, do i continue casting wrath/starfire or use starsurge as soon as it comes off cooldown?
    I know these questions are kinda silly but its driving me crazy not knowing for sure and i cant play my druid untill i know im doing things right.
    Thank you in advance
    /Cheer
    Last edited by Aviendha09; 2013-06-07 at 08:58 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lybee/advanced

First of all, stop thinking of Rotation. Priority, priority, priority!

Quote Originally Posted by Isil View Post
    1. Found myself with in 1 cast away from exiting an eclipse[...]
    As for your questions, most of your answers can be found in the guides, such as http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130885-...DoT_Refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    Typically, the only time you will hold up recasting of a DoT is if it falls off and the corresponding Eclipse is coming up very soon and/or you don't have Nature's Grace--you'll wait one or two casts and refresh at the beginning of Eclipse. If both DoT's are coming up at around the same time when you start Eclipse, casting the non-Eclipse DoT first gives a very minor improvement due to Lunar Shower.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-06-07 at 08:58 PM.

With my current gear my dots will always fall off between eclipses and i wont have nature`s grace up almost at all while in neutral. I suppouse that will change when i`ll have more crit that prolongs dots duration and more haste for faster casts.
    Ive been reading all the guides ( icyveins, mmo champ, noxxic, elitists) and it does seem so simple when u read them, yet during a fight i get a bit confused with the "priorities"
    Ive put my questions by numbers so that it can be answered fast and wont require much explanation.With a simple "Question 1. Yes u do, or no u dont" will be sufficient for me to understand.
    Thank for ur answers and sorry if i ask too much information

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isil View Post
    1. Found myself with in 1 cast away from exiting an eclipse ( im in Solar eclipse, at around 10 energy left before entering neurtal) and with only 4-5 seconds left of Sunfire on the target. Should i refesh the dot before exiting Solar or do i refesh it when it only has 2-3 seconds left no matter if im in neutral?
    Refresh the dots, I'd say, or at least the eclipsed dot.
    2. Im two casts away from entering Lunar eclipse and my Moonfire dot just expired. Do i refesh it now or do i cast 2 more Wraths and apply Moonfire when im in eclipse?
    Just cast two more wraths, then apply sunfire and then moonfire. Considering you'll only get like one tick on the uneclipsed moonfire, it isn't worth wasting the GCD for that.
    3. Im one cast away from entering Lunar eclipse and my Starsurge just procd. Do i cast one more Wrath and then use the instant Starsurge with increased benefits from the Eclipse or do i use Starsurge so i can get into the Lunar Eclipse faster?
    I personally always cast a wrath first, then use my instant Starsurge. I would suggest you do this at your gear level because the chances of SS procing again while casting that last wrath is fairly small, ths you wouldn't be wasting procs. But once you get upto high crit levels (like 11k+ give or take), I'd say you better blow that instant SS to get into lunar because it'll most likely proc again shortly after anyways.
    4. When dealing with 3-4 adds like in Ji-kun hc for example, do i first apply the eclipsed dot on all targets then get back to the first target to apply the non eclipsed dot, or can i put both dots on first target, then both dots on 2nd , 3rd etc?
    Depends on how long the targets are going to be alive. If they'll die fast, like the small adds on Horridon, don't bother with the uneclipsed dot. If there are multiple targets that would stay alive for a good amount of time (like, your dots will get to tick for their full duration), you would put both your dots up (For example, bigger adds on Horridon and Horridon himself) and keep these dots up for as long as the target dies, but if the target is going to die in like 10 seconds , only use your eclipsed dot.
    5. Im 2 casts away from an eclipse and my Starsurge is off cooldown, do i continue casting wrath/starfire or use starsurge as soon as it comes off cooldown?
    I know these questions are kinda silly but its driving me crazy not knowing for sure and i cant play my druid untill i know im doing things right.
    Most people would say to just use that starsurge. I personally would say the same if you're pushing towards solar because starfire at the 5273 haste breakpoint takes ages to cast without NG. If it is Lunar you're pushing to, it depends on the energy level you're at. If that Starsurge would get you into the next Lunar eclipse, Yes (like you are at 35-40 energy away from Lunar), if it doesn't, I'd suggest you wait.
    Essentially my logic on this matter at your gear level has always been like this:
    - Would the starsurge cut off one wrath cast? Shoot it, if it doesn't, wait.
    I could be entirely wrong with that logic tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Refresh the dots, I'd say, or at least the eclipsed dot.
    Do not reapply them, you can push tot he next eclipse in 4-5 seconds.

Just cast two more wraths, then apply sunfire and then moonfire. Considering you'll only get like one tick on the uneclipsed moonfire, it isn't worth wasting the GCD for that. correct push to next eclipse and reapply dots

I personally always cast a wrath first, then use my instant Starsurge. I would suggest you do this at your gear level because the chances of SS procing again while casting that last wrath is fairly small, ths you wouldn't be wasting procs. But once you get upto high crit levels (like 11k+ give or take), I'd say you better blow that instant SS to get into lunar because it'll most likely proc again shortly after anyways. if you cast wrath to enter lunar and then starsurge this will increase your starsurges damage, however faster eclipses will result in better natures grace uptime and more starfall. starsurge is always top prio, it could get over written - dont waste it.

Depends on how long the targets are going to be alive. If they'll die fast, like the small adds on Horridon, don't bother with the uneclipsed dot. If there are multiple targets that would stay alive for a good amount of time (like, your dots will get to tick for their full duration), you would put both your dots up (For example, bigger adds on Horridon and Horridon himself) and keep these dots up for as long as the target dies, but if the target is going to die in like 10 seconds , only use your eclipsed dot. You should always dot the eclipsed dot first, in the instance where there are multiple targets, place the eclipsed dot onto each and then go back and place the uneclipsed dot, dont double dot one target after the other; thats a dps loss.

Most people would say to just use that starsurge. I personally would say the same if you're pushing towards solar because starfire at the 5273 haste breakpoint takes ages to cast without NG. If it is Lunar you're pushing to, it depends on the energy level you're at. If that Starsurge would get you into the next Lunar eclipse, Yes (like you are at 35-40 energy away from Lunar), if it doesn't, I'd suggest you wait.
    Essentially my logic on this matter at your gear level has always been like this:
    - Would the starsurge cut off one wrath cast? Shoot it, if it doesn't, wait.
    I could be entirely wrong with that logic tho.
    you should cast as many SS as possible, except when youre mutli dotting 4+ targets,(assumin they'll live for the full duration of the dot) in which case eclipsed dot all targets (you need 13 before the 14th target becomes the first again) when there is less than 13 you should go thru and apply uneclipsed dot until a target loses their eclipsed dot and reapply that. If you get trigger happy and cast starsurge procs (or adds start to die and wont benefit the full duration) cast starsurge, once you no longer have natures grace up, and youre no longer in an eclipse, starsurge is then top prio, pushing you tot he next eclipse to regain NG/eclipse nd from there you reapply eclipsed dots again.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    you should cast as many SS as possible, except when youre mutli dotting 4+ targets,(assumin they'll live for the full duration of the dot) in which case eclipsed dot all targets (you need 13 before the 14th target becomes the first again) when there is less than 13 you should go thru and apply uneclipsed dot until a target loses their eclipsed dot and reapply that. If you get trigger happy and cast starsurge procs (or adds start to die and wont benefit the full duration) cast starsurge, once you no longer have natures grace up, and youre no longer in an eclipse, starsurge is then top prio, pushing you tot he next eclipse to regain NG/eclipse nd from there you reapply eclipsed dots again.
    The thing is, at his gear level, it is highly unlikely to see SS proccing that frequently that he needs to use his procs immediately to avoid wasting them, I figure it is better for him to delay that instant SS for one cast to get it benefit from eclipse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    The thing is, at his gear level, it is highly unlikely to see SS proccing that frequently that he needs to use his procs immediately to avoid wasting them, I figure it is better for him to delay that instant SS for one cast to get it benefit from eclipse.
    once maybe, but over the coarse of an 8 minute fight that'll be a dps loss.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Thank you for all your answers, i really apreciate it. Will start practising in LFR tonight and hopefully i`ll do better then the 65k dps that i did last night on Primordius ( /ashamed ).
    /Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    once maybe, but over the coarse of an 8 minute fight that'll be a dps loss.
    Given the amount of times you are in such a situation, the additional damage on your starsurge, which is our highest damage spell and should be on the top of your damage done, should make up for the very marginal loss of starfall uptime on a single target fight where Starfall only 10 of the 20 stars do their damage.

The main reason why we spend blow our Starsurges as soon as it comes up in higher gear levels is because we are in too high risks of wasting procs, at his gear level, that isn't going to be an issue, hence why I advise him to delay that instant starsurge when he is only one wrath cast away from eclipse.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-06-08 at 07:26 PM.