Poll: What do you do with your old games

What do you do with your old games?

I keep my games, except the newer and more expensive ones, which I trade in for store credit at GameStop. I don’t really replay anything, as there are too many good titles I haven’t played yet for me to replay through old ones.

What do you do with your completed games?
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-02-02 at 12:21 AM.

Can not recall the last physical game I bought personally. The old physical media I had mostly given away to friends or goodwill.

I am not a sentimental, nostalgic, reverent, or collector type of person. Ideally, I would live in a large empty house with things only appearing when I wanted/needed them and I would never have to see or handle them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can not recall the last physical game I bought personally. The old physical media I had mostly given away to friends or goodwill.

I am not a sentimental, nostalgic, reverent, or collector type of person. Ideally, I would live in a large empty house with things only appearing when I wanted/needed them and I would never have to see or handle them otherwise.
    Do you stream them or just buy digital?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Do you stream them or just buy digital?
    Both. I have Geforce Now and a Google Stadia. Though I buy most digitally either on PC or the respective digital stores for consoles.

7+ Year Old Account
    The last physical copy of a game I bought was maybe the WotLK expansion. But, not having had any physical copies of any games around for, at least, the last decade I can't be sure.

Note: PC gamer here. I haven't owned a console since the original Nintendo back in the late 80s/early 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been awhile since I purchased a physical game. I still have most of what I have purchased in the past. A few I gave to friends and I sold some old consoles and a few games to a local retro gaming store when I was strapped for cash a few years ago. The rest is either on a shelf or boxed up in storage.

I still replay some PS3 games (I go back and play Infamous 1 & 2 every couple of years, love those games) as well as some DS/3DS games but the rest are just gathering dust for the most part.

I find myself installing Skyrim at least once a year, modding it into next week, spending 3 days modding it, then playing 1 day and forgetting about it.

Once upon a time.. around OG Xbox generation.. I could get more than 2 dollars for a game at gamestop so I was pretty big into trade in and pay the difference when it came to games.

But now it's not worth the fuel economy loss by having it in the car with me to trade in (that's /s).

So when I pick up a physical they typically just collect dust on a shelf. Although I pretty much just do digital these days.

I threw away my old PC games. Almost everything I want to play on PC I can access digitally, some only digitally.

Kept my old Playstation and Wii and DS games.

I don't own any physical games except for a couple of WoW collectors editions. Granted I may buy more physical copies of games if I owned a console, but for PC I generally strive to keep my game collections entirely digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Poll needs a 4th option of Donate, We just emptied our movie/ game cabinet and donated easily 200 blueray/ dvd and 20 games to goodwill because I see no reason to have them anymore. I have not bought a physical copy of a game in years so yeah.

I just give them away for free to friends and family. I gave a friend my Gamecube with like 10 games, gave my cousins a N64 with 8-ish games, etc.

So yeah, agree with a 4th option. Donate

10+ Year Old Account
    I play them whenever I feel like to obviously
    always a pleasure

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep my all games of course. The only time I get rid of them is when I know for sure that it's not a game I like all that much and don't see myself ever playing it again. I have to admit though I went through phases where I thought I knew what I didn't want/need and later on found out that I actually liked that game and wanted to play it again and have back in my collection and had to buy it again.

I love collecting games but I don't just buy games just to have them. I only buy games that I would find fun, games that I would actually like to play. Unless I am already familiar with them I do lots of research before I buy games that I'm not sure of.

When it comes to games and even some movies I will always prefer to buy physical. My thing is if I'm going to be spending money on something I want to be able to hold it in my hands. Otherwise it will feel like a waste of money to me. The only time I buy a digital game is if I know I already have an actual copy on console so I'll get it cheap digitally on PC just to have it there as another option. Also I like to actually OWN the things I buy. When you buy digitally you don't own that game. You're just buying access to it. At least that's the way it feels to me.

Not judging anyone who buys digitally, we all have our preferences and situations but I just despise digital gaming. Guess I'm just old school.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2021-02-09 at 12:36 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I've sold some of them, given others away to friends or to charity shops...and some have just been tossed into the trash. I regret not keeping hold of some - they'd fetch a decent price to collectors. I've moved around a lot over the last decade, though and boxes full of videogames were just something that needed to be trimmed down.

The old ones I keep, but I haven't bought a single physical game since like 2010 and that was already a one-off. I've been using steam since I learnt it is a thing, so all my games are there, plus in Poland we had a big piracy culture in the 90s so as a kid I used to download most games and just mount them from cd images on my pc. Think I bought about 10 total physical games in my life, while my current steam library has like 300 titles and that of course doesn't include things that have their own launchers.

As for the physical vs. digital aspect...the thing that rules this out completely for me is simply the real life space needed, or rather lack thereof. Plus buying digital usually means you can play from the first minute of the game being available and you can often get much better discounts than for the real life products.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-02-09 at 10:11 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Wonder how much of a generational thing this is. If I stacked up my switch and ps4 games it may be 4’ tall combined. If a game exists as physical I’ll go that route. I’m guessing this is the last gen that will do physical (excluding Nintendo because Nintendo) but I’ll stop with physical when it’s no longer an option and not a moment sooner.

I've still kept my older games. I don't play them anymore, but I like holding onto the physical copies for nostalgia's sake. I still have my physical copies of:

- Vanilla WoW, circa the February 2005 European release
    - Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
    - Star Wars: The Old Republic
    - Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne
    - Diablo 2 and the expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I replay some. Some just sit there, but I have had a few occasions where I've had friends over and we just pop in some old games and fuck around for a nostalgia trip for a few hours.