Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there any point to casting Shattering Throw in a 10man? I am the only melee(fury 574), and there is one hunter(BM 566) whom I grossly out dps. There's also a Prot warrior who casts his on the pull or during a Lust/Timewarp. He hounds me about it getting them lined up back to back. It's getting irritating.

I managed to dig up the CollisionMath™ post on Shattering Throw after much searching and it seemed basically the raid would be getting more damage from me just doing my normal routine minus the Shattering Throw. Appeared that ~375k dmg per stampede per hunter would be gained (BiS hunter I'm assuming). Seems fairly low to me especially factoring in the Hunter's gear level.

Am I incorrect or overlooking something?

Wrong info
    Last edited by Satori; 2014-07-15 at 10:13 AM.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has a place in the rotation in 10m, when CS has > 7 or 8 seconds, you don't need to dump rage with HS, and won't waste RB or delay CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    AFAIK they stack, so you can precast it on pull
    Shattering Throws do not stack, nor do they stack with CS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It has a place in the rotation in 10m, when CS has > 7 or 8 seconds, you don't need to dump rage with HS, and won't waste RB or delay CS.
    It's a very very slight DPS increase for the Warrior when used this way, in 10 or 25m.

Thing is, the dps gain is so marginal that it isn't worth doing. The only real noticable gain out of it is during Hunter stampede as noted above, and even that is minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Shattering Throws do not stack, nor do they stack with CS.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a very very slight DPS increase for the Warrior when used this way, in 10 or 25m.

Thing is, the dps gain is so marginal that it isn't worth doing. The only real noticable gain out of it is during Hunter stampede as noted above, and even that is minor.
    Only time I bother with it on 10m is during IJ, and at some part in garrosh for hunter.

So basically ignore it. You're better off working on perfecting the rest of your rotation.

Deleted
    Quick question, dont want to make a new thread for this so im asking here instead

What are the bis rings currently? Is it bloodclaw and devilfang because of the gems or does seal and sorrowpath pull ahead because of the crit?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Quick question, dont want to make a new thread for this so im asking here instead

What are the bis rings currently? Is it bloodclaw and devilfang because of the gems or does seal and sorrowpath pull ahead because of the crit?

Thx
    Devilfang and Seal are BiS but they are all within ~100 dps of eachother assuming you get decent reforgings with them.

Pretty hard to get good reforges with the hit rings since you are always at least 0.5-1% over hitcap with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Pretty hard to get good reforges with the hit rings since you are always at least 0.5-1% over hitcap with them.
    I'd rather have excess Hit than Haste even if the Haste sims better. Course come WoD both of the Hit rings become Crit/Mastery.

Really hard to get crit cap without seal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Really hard to get crit cap without seal though.
    Certainly I agree; I'm currently using a HWF Sorrowpath + Heroic Seal and probably won't drop the Sorrowpath unless I can get my hands on a HWF Shaman's belt + HWF Thok ring.

Course I also still have HWF Galakras shoulders that I would love to get better from Garrosh but yeah, had to take those since I was upgrading from 510 LFR T15 to 580 (pre-4/4 upgrades).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering about the fury enchants for bracers and gloves. What are the combination of stats to go from Str enchants to Mastery ones?¿

Quote Originally Posted by kiaranqilue View Post
    I'm wondering about the fury enchants for bracers and gloves. What are the combination of stats to go from Str enchants to Mastery ones?¿
    Specific ilvl I have no clue; all I know is that by 580 my sims were giving enough weight to Mastery that they were beating out the Bracer and Glove Strength enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Specific ilvl I have no clue; all I know is that by 580 my sims were giving enough weight to Mastery that they were beating out the Bracer and Glove Strength enchants.
    Ok, I'll sim my char this night. I'm sitting at 578 ilevel.

Ok, I'll sim my char this night. I'm sitting at 578 ilevel.
    There is no specific ilvl, once Mastery starts getting better than Strength, which usually happens around T16 gear + Thoks. Simming is the only real way to tell.

However it is very minor. You won't see much of an increase until Mastery ends up ~1.3+.

Just had to drop in and ask around a bit.. I've been crit capped (54,03%) for some weeks now and i still end up having BT not proccing RB, it happens like 2-4 times a fight.. anyone else knows wassup with that? Or have I just missunderstod how this computer game works...

If you stand in front of the boss you have an increased chance, equal to that of the bosses parry chance to not crit. That's the only thing I can come to think of.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There is no specific ilvl, once Mastery starts getting better than Strength, which usually happens around T16 gear + Thoks. Simming is the only real way to tell.

However it is very minor. You won't see much of an increase until Mastery ends up ~1.3+.

Yup you are right. I simmed my char last night once I got a Thok's Heroic Trinket and the gain is only 278, but well hey a gain its a gain isnt it?

Yup you are right. I simmed my char last night once I got a Thok's Heroic Trinket and the gain is only 278, but well hey a gain its a gain isnt it?
    Indeed, but as you got more and more mastery, that gain only increases.

Pretty sure my Bloodthirst didn't crit a few times while I had 50.15% crit. Any reason why?