Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillytwo View Post
    Signing of Eto'o can turn out to work really good tho, even tho it's not long term I am confident he will score lot more goals than Ba and Torres
    Yea, but going out in media saying "I'd rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea," and then sign with them a couple of years later. yuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea, but going out in media saying "I'd rather sell groundnuts in my village than to play for a pathetic team like Chelsea," and then sign with them a couple of years later. yuck
    Did he even say that? Don't remember that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Did he even say that? Don't remember that.
    Ye, when he was in Barca and they played against Chelsea in Champions League.

Deleted
    I'm slightly worried that Ozil is going to be wasted at Arsenal. I'm not sure if he alone is enough to completely turn them around from the shower of shit that played Villa. They have a difficult CL group this year and I don't see them chasing the title. Quite honestly, Chelsea should walk the league this year.

Deleted
    Well i guess Ozil will bring back some good football to Arsenal, since the time of Pires, Henry, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Ye, when he was in Barca and they played against Chelsea in Champions League.
    yeah but now he has mourinho there that's why he went to chelsea I guess.. I don't see another reason

and I guess he said that because how awful was/is the way chelsea play/ed parking the buss.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I'm slightly worried that Ozil is going to be wasted at Arsenal. I'm not sure if he alone is enough to completely turn them around from the shower of shit that played Villa. They have a difficult CL group this year and I don't see them chasing the title. Quite honestly, Chelsea should walk the league this year.
    Chelsea have a good chance of winning the league, but it definitely won't be as easy as you're making it sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up, this thread will be closed after this weekend's games have been played.

Would have been done last weekend but apparently the best time to play internationals is the first weekend after transfer deadline day... Oh FIFA....
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Just a heads up, this thread will be closed after this weekend's games have been played.

Would have been done last weekend but apparently the best time to play internationals is the first weekend after transfer deadline day... Oh FIFA....
    I linked this thread in the season discussion thread OP so it doesn't get lost. It might be interesting to come back to this discussion in 2 months time to see how good our player and transfer analysis was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart move, can probably do the actual discussions in the main thread rather than necro this one.

Unsure yet whether to have a thread for the January window when it rolls around,but it's so much shorter it'd be better to keep in the main thread.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.