Durumu 25 hc as elemental

We have recently killed this boss on HC and as elemental i topped the dps thanks to the walls, but apperantly i was still doing something wrong as i couldn't see myself in WoL with 240 ish dps.I want to improve myself further so asking for tips here.

I'm using my Spiritwalker's grace full duration on maze phase while moving and spamming CL.As soon as the wall phase starts, i target the 1st wall that we have to take down (not chain from boss) and when the 1st wall goes down, i start to chain from boss to other walls.I also try to time my ascendance during wall phases.I go with PE ofcourse.So yeh, any tips are wellcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends a lot on your gear. I do not know what kind of gear you're running with. Those that are farming the meters on WoL often have cleared much of it already, and thus have quite some gear-levels advantage, especially if they aquired a HC-TF wep and upgraded that.

Our main shaman ranked 161 with 245k DPS. Keep in mind that someone needs to upload the Log from the raid to WoL for it to get registered.

Just wowhero'd myself to see what my last rank on Durumu was. Still a top 5 and i havent seen the boss in a few weeks (due to extending H Lei Shen which finally died a few nights ago).

Ended the fight at ~325k dps.

If you are going for ranks, you will need to be a full mastery build. Dont switch to the little adds, thats pointless they die to passive damage anyways. Do switch to the fogs as needed / if they are in range.

I personally wont go into my beam assignment until after the walls are down. Cant be chain lightning spamming and moving around

When the walls come up (with the death beam, as the maze phase starts), i will aoe on the first wall. After that wall is down, i pop Ascendance + Spiritwalker's and run the maze spamming lavabeam on boss til the rest of the walls are down. As long as you have 4pc you will be able to Ascend + Spiritwalk for every single maze phase.

Rng factors on this fight for ranking include things like... did you get beamed and forced to move? Red beam while icewalls are up killa your dps. Did you get targeted for Lingering Gaze as Ice Walls come out? yep, that sucks. And then it depends on how many locks / mages you run with. More locks you have the less cleave time you will get.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if required, here comes a top ranker

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post

Rng factors on this fight for ranking include things like... did you get beamed and forced to move? Red beam while icewalls are up killa your dps. Did you get targeted for Lingering Gaze as Ice Walls come out? yep, that sucks. And then it depends on how many locks / mages you run with. More locks you have the less cleave time you will get.
    Hmm, this probably.I always get assigned to the yellow beam and move.But still, 100k difference I'll try using asc during maze phase, i was using it at start for the 1st wall. I'm not looking for top ranks but i think i should at least be in like on WoL.That's why i was confused. And thanks.

And then it depends on how many locks / mages you run with. More locks you have the less cleave time you will get.
    THIS. we run 3 ele shamans 2 warlocks, i'm never hitting 325k dps even if all the rng goes my way perfectly, i finish usually around 250k, but the walls all die before the maze phase even begins.

Just wowhero'd myself to see what my last rank on Durumu was. Still a top 5 and i havent seen the boss in a few weeks (due to extending H Lei Shen which finally died a few nights ago).

Ended the fight at ~325k dps.

If you are going for ranks, you will need to be a full mastery build. Dont switch to the little adds, thats pointless they die to passive damage anyways. Do switch to the fogs as needed / if they are in range.

I personally wont go into my beam assignment until after the walls are down. Cant be chain lightning spamming and moving around

When the walls come up (with the death beam, as the maze phase starts), i will aoe on the first wall. After that wall is down, i pop Ascendance + Spiritwalker's and run the maze spamming lavabeam on boss til the rest of the walls are down. As long as you have 4pc you will be able to Ascend + Spiritwalk for every single maze phase.

Angry, I am progressing in H Durumu and I'll reforge full mastery for this fight. We keep wiping at ~ 25% to stupid stuff. Probably get it tomorrow.

Anyway, I do get my Ascendance off CD by the time the first wall comes up and have been using it on the first wall. Is there any reason why you said to save ascendance for second wall ? I think I can infer it but I'd rather hear from you

Though I am doing 10M tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Anyway, I do get my Ascendance off CD by the time the first wall comes up and have been using it on the first wall. Is there any reason why you said to save ascendance for second wall ? I think I can infer it but I'd rather hear from you

Though I am doing 10M tho.
    I save my ascendance + spiritwalkers for the second / third wall (just chaining off the boss), because sometimes you will get a Force of Will or Lingering Gaze while dps'ing the first wall down, and i would rather lose out on a few chain lightning casts rather than lava beam casts. That being said, if your raid is having issues getting the first wall down, you should definitely ascend there and burn it down, and save spiritwalker + chain lightning for the 2/3rd wall.

spam CL off the boss, so u never have to switch targets.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    spam CL off the boss, so u never have to switch targets.
    But won't the chain bounce to the "wrong" wallks? E.g it may go to the furthest (3rd) wall which is pointless if you guys get jammed on 2nd wall. We haven't had that, but on 2nd wall it's close. I am almost soloing the walls (with some DOT help from other casters) so if I dont get the wall we need down, we're toast.

I may be mistaken tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    But won't the chain bounce to the "wrong" wallks?
    It can absolutely bounce to the wrong wall and wipe your raid if you dont have enough aoe classes in. I would not recommend chaining off the boss until the first (most important) wall is down.