Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shaman confirmations from 5.4 PTR testing

What I would like from this thread is stuff that people can confirm from PTR testing of 5.4. Post anything that people seemed to have questions on and that you have found out so far.

For example, I can personally confirm how the Ele shaman 2pc and 4pc work.

2pc: With my total 7 charges of Lightning Shield, the debuff that the target gains (called Elemental Discharge) reads "Fire and Nature damage taken from the Shaman increased by 10%.". The debuff lasts 14 seconds (the timer seems to start at 13 seconds but it is safe to assume that the extra second is included already).

4pc: The pet called Lightning Elemental has 1.2mil HP and 99k mana. It casts a spell called Lightning Blast that seems to have a 1 second cast (not too sure on this). Lightning Blast (for me) deals about 15-20k non-crits and around 30-40k crits. More than one pet can be active at a time (I've seen a maximum of 3 so far) and the spawn chance does not seem to have a particular unseen cooldown. This pet seems kind of good because at least we won't have to worry about pathing, but its spell has a 40 yard range and they can't cast while moving (but they move fast actually). SPOILERS: They look like air elementals you could see in The Vortex Pinnacle or ToFW.

Also, Call of the Elements does not seem to work with the new Fire Elemental Glyph.

Are you sure that the debuff for 2pc was 10%, and not 4%?

It says 10% on the debuff but 4% on the 2pc tooltip, and I don't know why. Also, if the % would stack with the amount of charges consumed, it would be at 28%, so the 10% might just be a tooltip error. I haven't tried actually calculating if my spells hit 4% or 10% harder though.

I had up to 10 lightning elementals while chaining 4 target dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Dave View Post
    I had up to 10 lightning elementals while chaining 4 target dummies.
    Cool ok, well I was only spamming Lightning Bolts. At least now we know that there is no cap on the pets.. or maybe it's a cap for each individual target?

I know its early into testing but i would like to know how much the elementals are hitting for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Questions....

For Elem: What is the actual %dmg buff for the 2pc? Can you spam LB, use fulm to proc the buff and then spam LB again....record and post the damage numbers for both regular and buffed LB so we can tell by how much % it has gone up?? Try to take off any trinkets or other items that may proc extra damage buffs and mess with the numbers other then the tier gear. I know the tier bonus says 4% and the buff icon tooltip says 10% but want to know what it actually does in game.....

For Enh: The 2 pc bonus, does it unleash random imbues or only the ones you have equipped on your weapons (like WF/FT, or does it do other stuff like Frostbrand or Rockbiter randomly?). Also.....does it unleash the Unleash Fury bonus effects as well or just regular unleash elements?

My LB are hitting for ~47k average in my current gear with no SP procs or anything.

LB with 2pc is hitting for 51k.

Doing more testing.

With no gear except shoulders and chest, Average normal hit with no buff was ~6.4k with the 2 piece buff it was hitting for 7.1k.

Man I always wanted an air elemental!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    My LB are hitting for ~47k average in my current gear with no SP procs or anything.

LB with 2pc is hitting for 51k.

Doing more testing.

With no gear except shoulders and chest, Average normal hit with no buff was ~6.4k with the 2 piece buff it was hitting for 7.1k.
    Thanks for the data....so sounds like it is almost 10% then right? So matches the buff tooltip and not the 4% stated in the set bonus...

Any more reports would be helpful!

Deleted
    2PT16 for Enhance

Updated- After further testing it seems Blizzard has fixed it so it can proc the other weapon imbues, I got several random procs of frostbrand (50% speed increase). It remains that you will get the UF bonus for that imbue if the tier procs it so the possibiliy for windfury static shock buff to happen mutliple times so it simply means its just acting if UE was cast again. The window of the proc to happen is quite short of course and the overall proc rate seems quite streaky.

4PT16 for Enhance

As for the 4P, the proc rate right now on a single target with flame shock does seem quite high and I can definitely see it being reduced before it hits live. I can however say that the frequency of procs did increase when I was able to spread flame shock via lava lash so it seems that the spread flame shocks do infact count towards the proc.

Fire Elemental Glyph:

Nothing much to say here, with the glyph the FE is up for 30 seconds instead of 35 seconds on line and has a 2.5 minute CD compared to 3 minutes on live. For certain fights with burst phases it might allow us more FE uptime but it does de-sync FE from EM (probably an intentional minor nerf to enhance burst) - Please note FE cooldown is not reset with Call of the Elements
    Last edited by mmocf338866fa8; 2013-06-14 at 06:35 PM.

Looking at the resto 4 set bonus

Glyph does not increase the duration of the copy

Will cast Chain heal and it can bounce

The Heal Is a smart heal and will not target the same target as you
    You cast [Healing Wave] You.
    Spirit Champion [Healing Wave] healed Spirit Champion

The healing from the mimic is NOT 1:1 to your healing done but healing done is depending on what spell was cast

Your [Healing Wave] healed You 4519 Nature. (38100 Overhealed)
    Spirit Champion [Healing Wave] healed Spirit Champion 4128 Nature. (11563 Overhealed)

The value for each heal might be set, all of these are tested with and without gear
    All healing surge heals was between 19-24k heals
    Greater healing wave: 24-26k
    Healing wave: 13-15k
    Chain Heal: 12-13k First bounce, 8-9k Second bounce

The mimiced heal has its own crit chance and if you crit or not does not matter

Your [Greater Healing Wave] healed You 0 Nature. (159968 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Spirit Champion [Greater Healing Wave] healed Spirit Champion 4136 Nature. (22610 Overhealed)

Your [Healing Surge] healed You 0 Nature. (40887 Overhealed)
    Spirit Champion [Healing Surge] healed You 0 Nature. (44982 Overhealed) (Critical)

The copy has a mana pool of 300 000 but any cast will trigger a spell instantly giving it full mana after each cast

Spirit Champion [Item - Shaman T16 Restoration 4P Cosmetic] energized Spirit Champion 29700 (Mana).

The copies spells are all instant and

The copy has 50.4k Health and will engage in melee combat if you are casting spells it cant copy, Melee hits are around 10k and Mobs will attack it if no other target have higher threat. Did not test AoE damage. he is classed as "Name´s Spirit"

+Smart heal
    -Does no healing
    -Can get smacked in the face
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-06-14 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    What about healing rain ? Did it put HR in same place or different ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auryne View Post
    2PT16 for Enhance

After several hours of testing, right now I can confirm that the 2Pt16 can only randomly proc the imbue's that are currently on your weapons. For example, you can only randomly get another unleash flame (flametounge) or unleash winds (Windfury) providing your weapons are imbued with them . The overall proc rate seems quite streaky.
    If you take Unleashed Fury, does it also proc the additional effects granted by the talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicentrE View Post
    If you take Unleashed Fury, does it also proc the additional effects granted by the talent?

Yes it does, they just act as they would normally if you had just cast UE.

Quote Originally Posted by Auryne View Post
    Yes it does, they just act as they would normally if you had just cast UE.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'd guess that this will bring UF back as our best T6 talent then, especially with the nerf to FE glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicentrE View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'd guess that this will bring UF back as our best T6 talent then, especially with the nerf to FE glyph.
    I'm myself expecting for EB to be viable now, if the 2p procing "WF unleash" with increased attack speed, more MW procs and the SS debuff affecting EB as well. And with mastery gaining some weight especially with aoe fights with the 4p, it might be hitting for shizzles.

Deleted
    Also the ele 2p buff reset if cast again, even if you cast a 1 stack ES on a 8 sec debuff, will only be a problem when CL thought

Bouth Ele and Enh T16 set bonus are stronge

Smamin CL on 4 targets for 10 min make 4p bonus adds do like 30% of my damage

For Enh dps group of 4 Dumies for 10 min my LL did almost 2,5x more damage overal then on live

so considering that after rading DungeonJurnal most of SoO fight have adds or are Multi Boss fight Shamans Set bonuses are Mega OP

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    I'm myself expecting for EB to be viable now, if the 2p procing "WF unleash" with increased attack speed, more MW procs and the SS debuff affecting EB as well. And with mastery gaining some weight especially with aoe fights with the 4p, it might be hitting for shizzles.
    The 2p also increases fire mod uptime from ue:ft, which, to my knowledge, also affects EB, right?
    There is to say: with the uf:ft effect, lb will also get higher prio, lessening the damage lost when not going EB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.