Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Why am I making such a big deal out of a supposed 2% difference in dps? As an Alliance player who likes to raid hardcore, it's rather irksome to log on one day and find that 4-5 of your friends in other hardcore raiding guilds are no longer Alliance because their guilds faction changed due to said racials.
    Going to quote this for truth. In addition 2% is no longer it anymore.

Trolls are already one of the best DPS races in the game (if not the best for some classes) even ignoring the 5% beast racial altogether.

Add in the fact that many, many bosses in Throne of Thunder (and possibly Siege) are beasts, and you have up to 7% DPS (if not more due to Horde burst cooldowns). Considering even this tier, one of the biggest initial cockblocks (before gear) was Horridon, a 7% increase is massive (how many low % wipes could have been recorded?) But even if you completely removed that gamebreaking +5% beast bonus, Horde racials are still a lot better!

Finally I think all alliance guilds are really feeling the pain right now, from the semi-hardcore up to the hardcore. I can only see more Horde transfers and dying factions, and even (more) dying guilds, if Blizzard can't wake the fuck up to this problem.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    I really feel that the alliance community is the reason why many guilds are going horde, they are too good know it all stuck people for the most part.
    Nothing can be further from the truth. 1) Community really varies based on server, not faction. 2) You'll find idiots everywhere. Every faction, every race, every server, every /general channel. As a raider you really just learn to ignore them. Having played on multiple realms from a semi-hardcore to a hardcore level on both factions, there are only two things I noticed:

1) PvE and PvP realms have different community bases.
    2) Dead realms have by far the shittiest communities.

Nothing else really matters, other than alliance faction dying = alliance faction community dying.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-13 at 10:12 AM.

This is a big problem in Asian servers as well. Most of the top raiders are Horde and the servers they play on have been affected so much by transfers that they have become one-sided inbalanced. Alliance have basically become extinct in those server. The Alliance refugees in turn have transferred off to other servers.

I guess it will probably take 99% of the raiding population to transfer Horde before Blizz realizes it's a problem.
    But then they'll just make Alliance racials OP, and tilt the balance in the other direction.
    They'll make $$$$$$$$ either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I just wanted to be Belf Female
    No Nik, what have you done!?

As for the topic: I'd love to see balanced racials, if that just would be possible.. I'm afraid it's not happening though.

The issue will remain until the top tier of raiding consists of all horde.

I hope in siege that the top 25 guilds are all horde and blizzard finally see's the issue going on.

Well the top alliance guild on my realm recently left to transfer to horde.... The reasons were nothing more than the fact that ours is a dead realm which makes it harder to recruit. They went to draenor horde which is the top ranked EU English PVE realm. It had nothing to do with factions... It was purely down to realms and the ability to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Well the top alliance guild on my realm recently left to transfer to horde.... The reasons were nothing more than the fact that ours is a dead realm which makes it harder to recruit. They went to draenor horde which is the top ranked EU English PVE realm. It had nothing to do with factions... It was purely down to realms and the ability to recruit.
    yup the recruit factor is so powerful atm for the horde