Talisman of Bloodlust vs. Valor Trinket

I was just curious as far as normals go which trinket is a better option? I already have Bad Juju, and havent gotten renetaki's this week, but the Talisman did drop. I have 4 set and legendary gem, and I am going for a haste build. I was just curious if Talisman could possibly be better due to it being RPPM and not having any ICD vs the 2 min icd on the valor trinket.

Honestly, I never compared the two, but I'd say on average they'd be about even. Due to Real PPM's mechanics that may fluctuate though. I'd say it's better once you have too much hit, otherwise I'm not sure.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I thought the Talisman is completely garbage for Hunters, you'd need a ridiculous amount of haste to get to 5 stacks and keep it up somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I thought the Talisman is completely garbage for Hunters, you'd need a ridiculous amount of haste to get to 5 stacks and keep it up somehow.
    That doesn't make any sense. If you kept 5 stacks up and kept it up somehow then it would be op. 7690 haste is huge.

Now that I look at it, I'd say that the VP trinket > the talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. If you kept 5 stacks up and kept it up somehow then it would be op. 7690 haste is huge.

Thanks for the feedback. I did alot of dummy testing last night with the two, and noticed a poor uptime of the haste with 3+ stacks. My dps was generally higher with the VP trinket on as well. Ill just keep pumping coins for renetaki.. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

I would say early in tier under 522 or so, I would prefer VP, but later in tier with more haste and all RPPM from meta, tier, whatever the talisman should pull ahead.

I didn't want to create a new thread to ask this and it's similar to this thread's topic:

Rune of Reorigination for Hunters, am I correct in assuming it's not a wise choice over an Agility proc trinket (such as the valor one). Hunter in my guild out-rolled me on Rune yesterday and wouldn't give it up. From what I read agility >> secondaries for hunters so a crit proc (which he'll get) is weaker than an Agility proc. His spec is primarily BM, OS is survival.

I'm pretty sure he took it just for a new shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I didn't want to create a new thread to ask this and it's similar to this thread's topic:

Rune of Reorigination for Hunters, am I correct in assuming it's not a wise choice over an Agility proc trinket (such as the valor one). Hunter in my guild out-rolled me on Rune yesterday and wouldn't give it up. From what I read agility >> secondaries for hunters so a crit proc (which he'll get) is weaker than an Agility proc. His spec is primarily BM, OS is survival.

I managed to get a Rune to try and figure out if there's any way possible to use it a month or so ago. The proc rate is too erratic and doesn't line up well for us. So no, the rune just isn't good enough to use. I don't feel like this is your hunter's fault, but Blizzard's for making a trinket only good enough for 5 or so specs.

The VP trinket will provide an amazing boost for opening rotations as it's a decent chunk of agility. I was actually a bit disappointed when I dropped it for Bad Juju which seems really hit or miss, but overall will provided a better dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I would say early in tier under 522 or so, I would prefer VP, but later in tier with more haste and all RPPM from meta, tier, whatever the talisman should pull ahead.
    This.

Deleted

Slightly offtopic: actually WW-Monks seem to be the only class/specc that can make RRO work thanks to their mastery (insanely on demand burst). You really shouldn't bother with it on a Brewmaster, you simply don't want to sit there without either haste, mastery or crit for a decent amount of time (thus lacking energy, stacks, etc - rendering you with nothing to hit). And don't forget about itemisation/gearing, currently you just stack crit after reaching your style-connect-caps, to get the most out of that trinket procc a WW-Monk needs to even out all three secondaries as much as possible.

More ontopic: sadly the valor trinket is no RPPM one, thus it won't benefit from stacking haste but Primordius trinket procc isn't really appealing at all so it's still better when you manage to line up the procc with cooldowns.

The VP one should give you a much stronger opening burst with that amount of agil, and should be a bit more 'reliable' you could say as it follows an ICD. I've experimented around with a HC Talisman and even with a haste build, I struggle to maintain all the stacks sometimes.

I use an upgraded TF talisman over VP because I would be running with around 10% hit. I get better results with the talisman.

Dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I managed to get a Rune to try and figure out if there's any way possible to use it a month or so ago. The proc rate is too erratic and doesn't line up well for us. So no, the rune just isn't good enough to use. I don't feel like this is your hunter's fault, but Blizzard's for making a trinket only good enough for 5 or so specs.
    That trinket is total crap for hunters xD even the lfr juju is better then that.

- - - Updated - - -

ive yet to really test out my heroic talisman. just got it however, ill let you know exactly if its worth it.

Depending on what trinket they have, they are essentially trading agi for secondary stats. It's really bad due to the amount of agility you lose on top of the proc which can never really have high uptime compared to the agi proc trinkets.

Deleted
    common sense m8, ofc agility proc > haste proc any day of week.

rune sounds like a dps loss for a hunter unless he will fish for a haste proc. that dosnt make any sense either way. if you go for crit then you drop to 0 haste, this is bad for our regen and to cast non hasted regen shots, saying you sabe your rapid fire around this proc (wich is also retarded) i dont think is worth the trouble.

hunter out of anyone in a group should be taking this trinket. we had it drop last week and it was a heroic thunderforge one, it went to our monk healer that never get to dps main raid and usually run LFR as dps. i pass on it, our rogué pass on it and the shaman healer that also dps once in a while pass on it. if it drops again im 100% sure it will get DE.