Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wow, riot games guy seems to be better at coms!

Read the blues, then read the red.... Red knows what he's talking about, blue is catering.

Very smart move

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Make sure to read this everyone. Written by a raider who shows up in quest greens, ungemmed, unenchanted. I mean what's the point right? If your guild is making you use flasks and food and gems and all that why would you stick around? There are plenty of guilds that won't force you to waste time on stuff like that.
    We get it. You are the worlds foremost elite wow raider with Ra-Den on solo farm, 100% flawless execution and you only grace these forums with your immaculate presence to inform us, the tiny skillles mortals of your superior raiding skills. We are not worthy.

PS - You don´t have to be an elitist douche in 100% of your posts.

I hate LoL, but the guy in the interview was entirely right. WoW has been brought down in quality significantly by entitlement and general laziness. Any new MMO that is on par with Vanilla/TBC in terms of the effort required will certainly get a subscription from me.

The guy who says "Have you considered the impact of the Flex raiding on recruitement" is totally right.

Instead of trying to solve a false problem (i.e : people not killing Horridon on NM), Blizzard is making the recruitement even harder. HC guilds with a roster limited ARE STRUGGLING (this is our case) because of other difficulties level.

Fact :

us : "hey our guild is recruiting ... blablabla"
    Poeple : "sorry dude, we do LFR ! or we raid with some guilds for normal"

Guilds are struggling on NM mode because of LFR
    Guilds are struggling on HC because of guilds are struggling on NM and don't have the "level"
    ... snowball

End of discuss, think this way Blizz' :

What if there is only NM et HC ?

- LFR people are more likely to join NM guild to get better
    - Normal people are more likely to join HC guild and have the gear to join them on progression

And now ?

Instead of :
    - People struggling on Horridon NM get recruited by guilds that farm it IF they want to

You'll have :

- Ok, so, let's get Flex mode

Even if the idea sounds good for a "perfect system", you'd rather consider it's impossible to have a perfect one. Blizz' is dumbing down the game !
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2013-06-10 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because it isn't the same item...?
    How is it not the same item? tier bonuses have the same procs....trinkets have the same effects...every item is an exact copy only reduced stats and recolored....in BC it meant something to wear the tier 6...now its meh...just another piece of gear you're wearing
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Deleted
    I love it how they shut down the "But Horridon is too hard, nerf normals!!" guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahalya View Post
    Even if the idea sounds good for a "perfect system", you'd rather consider it's impossible to have a perfect one. Blizz' is dumbing down the game !
    You're right, like 10 mans killed 25 mans, flex will kill Normal mode. GC never learns.

Exclusivity is just another way to feed elitists.
    Theres still exclusive content to the best players. Heroic raiding conten isn't for everyone.

People just want to be special snowflakes. Tough luck, you're not.

The arguments about the difficulty of WoW is the dumbest thing i've seen on these, or any other forums, by far.
    There are different levels of difficulty offered by Blizzard. And if thats not enough, feel free to make your own challenges.
    You can raid without pants. Raid with less people. Do dungeons with weapons only.

Elitists are just mamas boys. They need to be hand held into the content provided by Blizzard, and still feel like they're the special case.
    Make your own damn challenges, there are plenty of options to play with.

No, this is not (the majority of) the LFR audience, they are not going to suddenly switch from no-strings on-demand raiding to a situation where they have to turn up at a specific time and if there's too many they might get benched and if there's too few they'll have to bark in OG/SW for pugs - they'll just go back to not raiding.

The guy who says "Have you considered the impact of the Flex raiding on recruitement" is totally right.

Instead of trying to solve a false problem (i.e : people not killing Horridon on NM), Blizzard is making the recruitement even harder. HC guilds with a roster limited ARE STRUGGLING (this is our case) because of other difficulties level.

Fact :

us : "hey our guild is recruiting ... blablabla"
    Poeple : "sorry dude, we do LFR ! or we raid with some guilds for normal"

Guilds are struggling on NM mode because of LFR
    Guilds are struggling on HC because of guilds are struggling on NM and don't have the "level"
    ... snowball

End of discuss, think this way Blizz' :

- Normal people are more likely to join HC guild and have the gear to join them on progression

And now ?

Instead of :
    - People struggling on Horridon NM get recruited by guilds that farm it IF they want to

You'll have :

- Ok, so, let's get Flex mode

Sounds logical...only one problem: I quit raiding after Gruul and Kara(although we have been one of the top raid guilds on the server we had nearly no progress due to extremely hard and buggy encounters. The guild then fell apart.)...I didn't see a single raid instance untill lfr. I always quit the game whenever there was nothing left to do but raiding.
    See, no lfr did not make me join any normal raid guild...let alone heroic...I just quit then.
    Players like me will never ever(again) let a guild decide how often they have to spend 4-5hours of their evening in front of a computer screen.

I think the true problem there are the dead servers(cause on dead server you just don't have enough players to choose from. On mine you have about 2-3raiding guilds and even they have problems to fill their roster no matter what skilllevel)...and the guilds themselves(sorry, if you only accept the best of the best with perfect equippment 24/7 online times but NO ego...well. There are many, many, many half filled guilds that just don't merge cause of the ego of the leaders...and that believe that it's not their job to teach new players.).

LFR and the 150000 dailies, pet battles etc. just give players additional ways of playing without of having to face a "join a guild and do what they say or just quit due to boredom"-decision. If your guild is attractive and you are not on a dead server, you won't have a problem with recruiting. Period.

I don't get flex at all. On dead server it won't work cause they don't have 10 players...so for what a flexible raid with 11? If you have 10 players then you can go normal with better loot. To me that currently sounds like another mandatory raid for those progression guilds for the first 3-4 weeks of a new tier. Or maybe it can be used to test some new try outs. I don't see how this can help dead servers and I don't see why someone should do this on full servers(where people are always looking for random normal raids).
    Blizz seems to be obesessed with their cross-server-friendship idea...guess they hope it will get them more paid transfers. So far all my contacts that I made xrealm are the "I use you when I need you"(and vice versa)-type...and not one person I would miss if I lose my list. That's the xrealm reality.

*4. It will be great for 10M guilds who constantly have to sit a few players.*

As if ANY guild on this planet will take a 11th or 12th player with them if that means that the loot will be worse than they could get in normal. And given that the normal raid guilds only play 1-2 evenings per week, they just can't waste one for flex. If the flex-raid loot would be equal to normal...then it may work....but with the current setup it's just crap.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-06-10 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    One of the problems with the WOW community is most people cannot see past their own face.

Flex-raiding will be a huge success to a few different segments of the population. Just because you personally do not see a purpose for it ( or for LFR for that matter) does not mean it isn´t an important addition to the game.

1. It will be a step-down for guilds that are struggling on normal mode
    2. It will be a great way for 10M guilds to find new players in order to try to build to be a 25M guild
    3. It will be a great realm-pug thing for players (like me) who want more of a challenge than LFR, but don´t have the desire to schedule my week around a game.
    4. It will be great for 10M guilds who constantly have to sit a few players.

I just sincerely hope they do not change the loot system as it is one of the reasons I avoid pugs to begin with. I hate loot drama.
    It will be a success, or won't. Flex raiding is hugely dependant on server base and/or realID friends. If you don't have enough, you wont have much use of it. On my server horde side got so little, that sometimes less than 50 peeps are online at prime time, how can you use flex on this conditions? Blizzard should work on the server problems.

"Exclusive content is awesome" - Lead designer of LoL, a game with no exclusive content at all.

Deleted
    It is the old problem.

Will exclusive content entice players and motivate them?
    Or: Will it make people quit and switch to more casual games?

Personally I think that WoW was successful enough in BC that changes like easier raids (for example Naxx25) were not needed. However once you give the casual players their candy (easier heroics and raids, etc.) the backlash will be increadible if you try to take it away again. We've seen that at the start of cata. It is all about expectations. If you don't expect to be able to see all content you won't be upset by it.

So in my opinion the WoW devs made an unnecessary bad choice on game balance (they weren't preassured at all after BC) and now are unable to close pandoras box.

My main problem with LFR is this:
    Does it actually entice casual players to play WoW (meaning they look forward to do LFR every week) or is it just another boring grind to them (like most farm content is to regular raiders)? Because if even the casuals are getting burnt out of LFR something is clearly wrong with the system.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-06-10 at 01:01 PM.

I WOULD say something about those rude comments the League of Legends player said, but then I remembered...
    A.) The Lead Designer is already taking care of it.
    and
    B.) He's a League of Legends player.

Yup, exclusive content is awesome. The way raiding is now, it is accessible and something you can spend time now and them, but definitely NOT exciting as it used to be on tbc where you worked hard for months to get that meaningful boss down, instead of joining a random que and killing him semi-afk.
    The investment/reward synergy was broken down. You invest little, receive little.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    My main problem with LFR is this:
    Does it actually entice casual players to play WoW (meaning they look forward to do LFR every week) or is it just another boring grind to them (like most farm content is to regular raiders)? Because if even the casuals are getting burnt out of LFR something is clearly wrong with the system.
    I personally know a few new and casual players, and they hate LFR. They like doing it for 2-3 weeks, get to see bosses and stuff, get some loot, and get bored. They complain specially of low drops and overall lame raiding experience they get doing LFR. I know one that's only logging to solo old raids for pets, and says that 's way more funny than doing LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    •A shared lockout with LFR or Normal doesn't work, as it would punish people who ran LFR or Normal and then want to do a Flex run with friends.

So just remove the shared lockout and difficulty of 10 and 25 mans. Stop trying to bandaid past moronic decissions and just revert them. How hard can it be?
    But that would mean admitting they made a mistake, just like daily reps. Instead they'll piss away the precious "resources" they always talk about on creating new systems to fix past mistakes.
    It's common corporate behaviour, never admit to a mistake, even at the cost of more "resources".
    Blizzard is more corporation than gaming company now.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    I personally know a few new and casual players, and they hate LFR. They like doing it for 2-3 weeks, get to see bosses and stuff, get some loot, and get bored. They complain specially of low drops and overall lame raiding experience they get doing LFR. I know one that's only logging to solo old raids for pets, and says that 's way more funny than doing LFR.
    I think LFR is for hardcore, hard raid is for casuals who want to play a few hours per week and have some fun and challenge during those few hours no matter how many bosses you down. LFR, dailies, dungeons, rep farm, herb, mine gathering are for hardcore who want to play many many hours.

Not sure what was more interesting. Reading the OP or the replies on here by blizzard fanboys foaming at the mouth.

Sure are a lot of angry nerds in the LoL Q&A. In the end, the game designers are always smarter than the players by a long shot. If given a chance, Im sure all those angry nerds would fail SOOOOOO horribly at making a game, they'd prolly commit suicide when they finally realize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    •Flex difficulty support can be added to old raids in the future, but currently only raids from Patch 5.4 and beyond are planned to support it."

Lies! Dungeon Journal and LFR isn't even covered to the old stuff. Blizz will wait til 2 expac's to pass before they think about making this true lol