View Poll Results: Do you agree with Snowden's Asylum in Russia?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Agree

68 70.83%
  • No not agree

13 13.54%
  • Don't know

3 3.13%
  • Don't care

12 12.50%
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    It's not ludicrous, it doesn't bother me that the government can have access to information I've stored on google or elsewhere. Is that difficult for you to understand?
    You gave up your right to privacy when you gave up the data in the first place, as it is no longer yours (as in possession).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You gave up your right to privacy when you gave up the data in the first place, as it is no longer yours (as in possession).
    copyright wise this doesn´t make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    copyright wise this doesn´t make sense
    Possession and copyright are independent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Possession and copyright are independent.
    while true, isn´t this exactly what they are doing? copy everything

how about you want stuff deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    while true, isn´t this exactly what they are doing? copy everything

how about you want stuff deleted?
    Also, the government can extract this information without the website's permission. So the data can be labeled as private and the government can take it, that is a seizure of private information of that website without a warrant, it violates the fourth amendment.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guess the final word is in, and the people who knew Snowden was a traitor from the beginning were right.

http://news.yahoo.com/britain-pulls-...023254985.html

Fucking asshat traitor.

Infracted - 2 year thread necro
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-06-15 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Guess the final word is in, and the people who knew Snowden was a traitor from the beginning were right.

Fucking asshat traitor.
    I was wondering what was left to leak, looks like this is a pretty big reveal.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Well hopefully he eventually gets locked up for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well hopefully he eventually gets locked up for a very long time.
    Odds are he'll just be stuck in Russia... which may be the worse fate.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account

Fucking asshat traitor.
    Or Britain, the government of which is revving up to push a massive new surveillance bill, is making shit up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/journal...iles-1.3112907

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-files-5882142

http://notes.rjgallagher.co.uk/2015/...questions.html

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, journalists trying to cover for their source. Awesome points. And the first article points out that the journalists claims have no sources.

Second article is crap too.

Third article is a blog post. Great sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great sources.
    As opposed to the "source" of totally anonymous persons issuing proclamations that just happen to match up with the government's interest in pushing increased surveillance.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account

Fucking asshat traitor.
    Maesark already debunked the BS you threw up (and did so both effectively and politely) so I won't bother repeating his work. But I am curious - do you post crap like the above because you're a paid stooge, or because of the adrenaline rush your thought-free brain gets from reflexively supporting the status quo and pretending you're right? Just curious.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-06-15 at 05:09 AM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Of course foreigners are going to say Snowden is innocent.

Americans already didn't trust Snowden, this is just going to add to their mistrust.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need to have two Snowden threads up on the front page. As this one was started long, long before the other, I'm going to go ahead and close this one. Please refer to the other Snowden thread for all related conversation.

Closed.