Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why would you vote kick for "Elitism" in LFR?

Awhile back, I was in an LFR run, and a couple guys were pulling top dps. This LFR happened to be HoF, and they were pulling 60-80k more dps than the next guy below them. After they killed the first boss, one of them mentioned in the raid: "the dps here is terrible, you guys really need to pick it up" to which some whiny LFR hero responded "stfu u elitist" and asked the raid to vote kick the dps. To which the raid got enough people to initiate a vote kick. I of course hit "no" because they were doing great dps and there was nothing wrong with the way they told the raid they needed to pick up the dps.

I swear, some people in LFR are so sensitive that the mere mention of increasing their dps, or tips to get better get rejected as "elitism". Why would you vote kick someone for this reason? No other reason than they didnt like the way they were speaking about their DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    because usually the "advice offered" is done so in the rudest, snidest way possible. in attempts to humiliate and berate others. its not done so constructively at all. and of course nobody is ever guilty of being rude... in an anonymous format of raiding.

and yes the way they said that was completely rude, i woulda voted to kick them too. if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all. you can always drop group and queue for another if you dont think the group is going to succeed
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The problem is outright calling them terrible.
    They did not pug the group, they did not dictate requirments for gear and experience.

Instead perhaps putting it more constructively would be better.
    "Some of you seem to be struggling with your dps, I could offer some advice if you want."

They chose to simply be rude, and came across as elitist, as someone who really does not need to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time anyone says something like that in LFR I always vote to kick them because people with the "I'm better than you so you suck" attitude are not people I want to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Any time anyone says something like that in LFR I always vote to kick them because people with the "I'm better than you so you suck" attitude are not people I want to play with.
    "Anyone who is better than me is a no-lifer, anyone worse is a noob."

I dont care if your the best dps/healer/tank in the world..if youre a jerk and I can kick or help kick I will. However, if you simply dont know the fight and are trying and are nice about it. I wont usually kick you.

Oh, another Jaylock thread. Oh goody.

Anyways, there's a difference between offering actual advice and being all "lol u noobs l2p". I would kick an elitist dick too, because their attitude is poor and what's wrong with the game. Typically someone will start mouthing off an calling people out for low DPS, and they should be kicked for being rude. I doubt that anyone who offers actual advice would be kicked, it's only the loudmouths who have to point out "X is the lowest DPS" who need to be put in their place and told how to play nice with others.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Funny enough the people who talk the most crap about other people are often horrible players and people themselves.

because they asked for it pretty much

Because of the same problem that plagued WoW since the first day LFD was introduced, which is that there is no consequence to being a jerk in an environment where there is no need for personal responsibility and reputation. So, they can go afk, kick people for petty reasons etc. etc. with no repercussions. That's why.

If the bosses are dying and the run is going more or less smoothly then belittling people over DPS comes off as creating drama for the sake of creating drama.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    They werent being elitist they were being nothing short of observative.

The DPS margin was quite huge, 90% of the time the DPS is TERRIBLE bar 1 or 2 people, so yea they do need to pick it up.

Having said that, some gear people have may only entitle them to pull 50k instead of 100k, then its not fair for these people.

Depends what kind of elitism people are showing, if its down right disrespectful, they should fuck off and be kicked, but observations like above need to be read by the players and respond to them by showing they can do better dps....

TL:DR

Jaylock isn't aware of what constitutes as being an asshole and needs clarification.

I will only kick them if they keep on. If they just mention some a time or too I am fine with it. But if they keep spamming it I will kick just because the ignore feature dosnt work in lfr

I don't put votes for kicking towards people for acting "elitist" in LFR. However, a large % of people who are acting elitist in LFR are also acting like assholes/dicks/whatever and for this I do put my vote down for them. Want to talk about how good your healing or DPS is, or how you're so much better than everyone else? Great, cool, its your right and I'll just choose to roll my eyes and ignore you. Start talking down and/or insulting other people? Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    They werent being elitist they were being nothing short of observative.

The DPS margin was quite huge, 90% of the time the DPS is TERRIBLE bar 1 or 2 people, so yea they do need to pick it up.

Having said that, some gear people have may only entitle them to pull 50k instead of 100k, then its not fair for these people.

Depends what kind of elitism people are showing, if its down right disrespectful, they should fuck off and be kicked, but observations like above need to be read by the players and respond to them by showing they can do better dps....
    We are not saying that suggestions or advice cannot be offered, just rightfully picking fault with the approach taken.
    Which was outright rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works both ways. Some people don't even care who is being kicked. I was in an LFR one time and this healer priest thought it was cute to be mounted throughout the fights and do nothing other than jumping around on his mount. Anyways, when it was brought to the raid's attention, people continued on acting like its cute. Someone in the raid said he liked that this priest is doing what he's doing, and when the vote kick eventually happened, the priest didn't get kicked because some part of the raid thought he was cute doing what he was doing. There is no sense in LFR people, you say anything and you will have trolls waiting on the wings to jump on it, regardless of right or wrong.

I hate elitist players. Many put themselves on a pedestal, constantly bad mouthing others. I don't care if they're the best player in the entire world, most people aren't going to put up with people who are jerks and keep giving everyone attitude.

The things wrong with WOW:

1. No consequences for being a jerk, in fact you get praised for acting that way.
    2. DPS is more important than survivability
    3. A person who stands in one spot hitting buttons but not moving at all during a fight forcing a healer to over heal is considered a good player.
    4. Content takes months to come out when every other game enjoys fresh content every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather run with people who do sub-par DPS, but mind their business, than run with people who are constantly criticizing others and doing amazing DPS.

(Though in my experience, the people who are usually criticizing others aren't doing so great themselves.)

So yes, if a person was being obnoxious towards another player over something meaningless like DPS in LFR, then I would agree to kick them - regardless of their own performance.