Poll: Buffind racials overly to promote growth in a faction.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd rather see racials get turned into fun, non-combat spells. By fun I mean change profession and resist bonuses into something that doesn't suck.

Your ideas aren't really balanced, 1% increased damage is a lot and you left draenei with crappy racials =(.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Racials need to go. Remove them all.
    This right here.

Seems like a pretty scummy way to try balancing the game to be completely honest. If I'm understanding correctly, you'd essentially make overpowered alliance racials to dupe people into paying for faction changes, and then remove them entirely so they payed for nothing? I think a simpler and far more agreeable way of balancing racials is to more or less make them into a cross-class talent tier/glyph style interface. People would play the faction and race they like for their own merits, and the small racial bonuses could be another small (and adjustable) independent choice.

To get faction balance back to begin with, I feel a more trivial and more fair solution could be thought up. First, something like this half off character services would have a big impact. I think Blizzard should bite the bullet at some point and allow free faction changes (like old free realm transfers) periodically. From there, they just need some actual incentive. Off the top of my head, I'd think realm first feats of strength would be a good candidate. Assuming they changed [Realm First!] to [Alliance First!] and [Horde First!], I'd bet you'd see a lot of guilds switching to the dead faction to try cashing in on those. If that won't get people to bite, maybe bringing back titles for those same achievements would get more takers.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Best way to fix dwarf shamans is to make the maces into maces and axes or maces/fist. God damn orcs! I've never seen a BiS mace.

Racials and professions are sorely lacking. I agree that alliance racials need major tuning. On Chinese realms the number of alliance guilds are dwindling. On their fan site NGA 2/3 recuitment posts are horde.
    wow that is harsh, I taught we were bad but tbh it will more than likely end this way unless blizzard step in soon

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Seems like a pretty scummy way to try balancing the game to be completely honest. If I'm understanding correctly, you'd essentially make overpowered alliance racials to dupe people into paying for faction changes, and then remove them entirely so they payed for nothing? I think a simpler and far more agreeable way of balancing racials is to more or less make them into a cross-class talent tier/glyph style interface. People would play the faction and race they like for their own merits, and the small racial bonuses could be another small (and adjustable) independent choice.

To get faction balance back to begin with, I feel a more trivial and more fair solution could be thought up. First, something like this half off character services would have a big impact. I think Blizzard should bite the bullet at some point and allow free faction changes (like old free realm transfers) periodically. From there, they just need some actual incentive. Off the top of my head, I'd think realm first feats of strength would be a good candidate. Assuming they changed [Realm First!] to [Alliance First!] and [Horde First!], I'd bet you'd see a lot of guilds switching to the dead faction to try cashing in on those. If that won't get people to bite, maybe bringing back titles for those same achievements would get more takers.
    Thats is actually a very good idea and thanks for that post. I agree that the original idea was scummy but tbh it was a fast fix to a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The best answer I've ever heard to this is to just make six racial groups and mirror the racials across.

B/N Elf
    Human/Orc
    Troll/Worgen
    Goblin/Gnome
    Draenei/Undead
    Tauren/Dwarf

Just change the flavor text for the "reason" the passive/active ability is there and move along.
    If you are keeping racials then this seems more then fair.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account
    by looking at the poll it seems like this thread is made by alliance...for alliance, not for everyone. thus not solving imbalance at all, but making more.

imo remove all the racials and replace them with more customization options or something interesting. maybe titles you can make for yourself or player/guild housing.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Now firstly this thread is going to contain opinions that come from an alliance point of view and reflect that accordingly.

This thread was in responce to the decline in alliance raiding topic brought up but I wanted a poll for results.

So a lot of players mentioned that the appeal of the horde lies in their racials and the 1% dmg buff for min/maxers.

So I have made an updated list of racials to attract people towards the alliance with the idea of be powerfull but not overly so.

Alliance

Dwarf

[Stoneform]
    [Crack Shot] Damage dealt by ranged weapons increased by 1% *
    [Mace Specialization] Damage dealt by Maces and two handed maces increased by 1% *
    [Frost Resistance]
    [Explorer]

Gnome

[Escape Artist]
    [Expansive Mind] Mana pool increased by 5%, 3% chance on spell cast to double the damage of your next spell.
    [Arcane Resistance]
    [Engineering Specialization]
    [Shortblade Specialization] Increases your hit chance with daggers and 1h swords by 3% *

Human

[Every Man for Himself]
    [Diplomacy]
    [The Human Spirit] Spirit increased by 3%, chance on ability to make next ability cost no rescource.
    [Mace Specialization] Damage dealt by Maces and two handed maces increased by 1% *
    [Sword Specialization] Damage dealt by Swords and two handed swords increased by 1% *

Night elf

[Shadowmeld]
    [Quickness]
    [Wisp Spirit]
    [Elusiveness] Increases melee haste by 2% ( Old passive rolled into shadowmeld )
    [Nature Resistance]

Draenei

[Gift of the Naaru]
    [Heroic Presence] Raid wide again *
    [Gemcutting]
    [Shadow Resistance]

Worgen
    [Darkflight]
    [Viciousness]
    [Aberration]
    [Flayer]
    [Two Forms]
    [Running Wild]

Abilities with * have been redone

The idea is to draw people back to the alliance and then once the numbers are in an even distribution remove the racials.
    Gnomes are overpowered as hell in your version, apart from the fact that it wouldn't fit them, as they're engineers, not magicians.

Make it more like this:

Gnome
    [Escape Artist] +3% chance to dodge incoming melee hits
    [Shadow Resistance]
    [Engineering Specialization] +15 to engineering skill
    [Shortblade Specialization] Increases your hit chance with daggers and 1h swords by 1% *
    [Lightweight] -10% damage taken from falling

Dwarf +15 to mining and blacksmithing skill
    [Stoneform]
    [Crack Shot] Hit rating and damage dealt by bows and guns increased by 1% *
    [Mace Specialization] Hit rating and damage dealt by Maces and two handed maces increased by 1% *
    [Frost Resistance]
    [Explorer]

Night elf
    [Shadowmeld]
    [Quickness]
    [Wisp Spirit] +50% run speed while corporeal
    [Elusiveness] +1% haste rating, raid wide
    [Nature Resistance]

Human +10 to Tailoring skill
    [Every Man for Himself]
    [Diplomacy] +10% rep
    [The Human Spirit] Spirit increased by 5%, chance on ability to make next ability cost no resource
    [Staff Specialization] Hit rating and damage dealt by Staves and wands increased by 1% *
    [Sword Specialization] Hit rating and damage dealt by Swords and two handed swords increased by 1% *
    [Fire Resistance]

Draenei
    [Gift of the Naaru] Heals 40% of hp in 15 sec
    [Heroic Presence] +1% Hit rating, raid wide again *
    [Gemcutting] +10 to Gemcutting skill
    [Arcane Resistance]
    [Expansive Mind] +5% mana pool, +15% haste with 1 min cd

Worgen
    [Darkflight]
    [Viciousness] +1% crit rating, raid wide
    [Aberration]
    [Flayer] +15 to skinning and leathercrafting skill
    [Two Forms]
    [Running Wild]

10+ Year Old Account
    Rework racials completely, unlock them during leveling and let the player pick 1 passive, 1 active and 1 trade skill
    bonus. Then rework the balance based on what most people pick and QQ is gone and more customization has been
    created.

Now you have a system that you can later expand and no imbalance is created as everyone can switch between the
    bonuses freely.

The downside is that you obviously don't get those juicy race and faction change moneys from the racial balance
    roller coaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok lets look at this, the average stream views people from guilds such as midwinter, dream paragon, vodka and method got were in the thousands.
    Making their popularity expressible as less than a single digit percentage among WoW subscribers, but go on.

Blizzard makes a special effort to ask the best guilds to come to the majority of live events and do a live raid as guests of blizzard and these events pull in hundreds of thousands if not millions of viewers.
    I would like a source on this, I really just don't believe you.

mmo champion and other wow sites during the race to #1 have daily updates about the top guilds, the interviews with their top players and the current progression that each guild is achieving. mmo champion currently is getting 34,875 unique visitors per day.
    Even if every one of those hits were by people who play WoW (this site covers other games) and who are also aware of all the stats of top raiding guilds, you are still at less than half of 1% of all WoW subscribers.

So yeah there are a lot of wow players who know top guild and progression info
    Sure there are, but a lot does not add up to much when you consider the size of the "lot" that makes up the other 99% of players who go about their business in Azeroth blissfully unaware of what's going on in European mega-guilds and how they are using their racial abilities.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-06-11 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove them, should be all cosmetic. It is stupid that people can't play what they want because a certain race will give more DPS. I'm really surprised that they have not done anything to them yet.

I love how you have not read any of the follow up posts,

The idea would be to gather 1/3 of the top raiding guilds and those who follows them back to alliance for say 5.4, then come 6.0 remove all combat influencing racials all together.
    Still a bait and switch and a horrible idea. This would cause many of the ppl that were tricked out of transfer money to then quit or feel even further robbed and switch back. We get it you want more ppl to play alliance doing shady things or bribing them over isn't the right answer though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't know why OP thinks Ally needs people to be brought back to it.

In my opinion racials should not give a DPS boost and you should be able to choose your racials when you create a new toon regardless of what race you are. There would obviously need to be classes of racials and re-balancing for existing ones.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    you should be able to choose your racials when you create a new toon regardless of what race you are. There would obviously need to be classes of racials and re-balancing for existing ones.
    In the suggested form these would be closer to an additional type of universal glyphs rather than racials. They would have nothing to do with the races anymore, except for maybe the names. Jumping through the hoops like this seems bit pointless.

Then by all means please offer a suggestion on how get the alliance players who went horde purely for progression purposes back to alliance.

Calling an idea dumb or stupid and then not offering any idea of your own is quite funny. At least I am trying to find a remedy for the current situation.
    I didn't say your idea was dumb. I said your motive was dumb. The idea you've put forth would indeed move people from horde to alliance, but there is no need to move people from horde to alliance at all.

How about this for a solution: Make the Alliance actually decently written and not the horde's sidekick.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Just makes the racials cosmetic and you fix the imbalance.
    Totally agree. The choice of race shouldn't be because X is better than Y at PvE /PvP

Path of the titans for personal racisl skill(s) anyone?

Like what other posters said, racials should have cosmetic benefits that don't affect combat at all. Things like diplomacy and profession bonuses are fine. Rift has a decent racial system where each race's racial is unique but can't be used during combat, so they don't have to worry about balance. Something like that.

Take out all racials that directly affect damage, healing or tanking. Rework them into more flavorful cosmetic things.

People should choose whatever race they play based on what they like to see. Post-kill screenshots shouldn't be just Orcs and Trolls everywhere.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it strange that alot of the votes are to leave the racials the way they are even though it is hugely inbalanced
    Probably because it's the only option that disagrees with the stupid proposition that Blizzard should 'force' lots of raiders to faction transfer to/back to the Alliance.

Gnome

[Escape Artist]
    [Expansive Mind] Mana pool increased by 5%, 3% chance on spell cast to double the damage of your next spell.
    [Arcane Resistance]
    [Engineering Specialization]
    [Shortblade Specialization] Increases your hit chance with daggers and 1h swords by 3% *
    Haha, I like Gnomes, let's do it. Every single caster that's not a Gnome is Doing It Wrong. Good idea.

You should give Tauren a buff though (I finally race-changed my Shaman, so now's a good time, right?). They're the only Horde Shaman race that's the wrong choice for any sort of remotely serious pve. They're good for herbalist alts, and sort of understandable for tanks (though, the hp bonus is pretty damn small).

How about

Tauren

[Flower Picker Pro]
    [War Stomp] (no cast time)*
    [Nature Resistance]
    [Endurance] Increases Mastery by 5120 for 15 sec. 120sec cooldown. (Equivalent to two gem's worth, on average. Decent little cooldown for most any spec.)*

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The best answer I've ever heard to this is to just make six racial groups and mirror the racials across.

B/N Elf
    Human/Orc
    Troll/Worgen
    Goblin/Gnome
    Draenei/Undead
    Tauren/Dwarf

Just change the flavor text for the "reason" the passive/active ability is there and move along.
    I'd never heard that idea, that's good. You'd eliminate any griping about the op-ness of the opposite faction's racials for whatever, but Blizz might actually do it because there'd still be a reason for people to pay them for race changes occasionally (like, they rolled a Tauren Shaman way back when, but now they'd prefer Orc/Troll/Panda/Goblin racials).

I'd put Forsaken and Humans as mirrors myself, since Forsaken were Humans, and they already both have the pvp racial.

Human/Forsaken (humans, plump or...otherwise)
    Nelf/Belf (duh)
    Gnome/Goblin (pocket-sized, though of variable adorability)
    Worgen/Troll (gangly 'wild', both be flippin out, (mon))
    Draenei/Tauren (hooved 'good guys')
    Dwarf/Orc (hardy 'tough guys')

It wouldn't appease the OP though. Even disregarding the bait-and-switch idea, he wants some sort of Alliance affirmative action program. Equity would just lead to Horde raiders staying Horde, and outnumbering Alliance raiders, and that's not OK, because it's a Human rights violation, or something.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2013-06-12 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    It wouldn't appease the OP though. Even disregarding the bait-and-switch idea, he wants some sort of Alliance affirmative action program. Equity would just lead to Horde raiders staying Horde, and outnumbering Alliance raiders, and that's not OK, because it's a Human rights violation, or something.
    Look mate there are numerous posts on mmo-champion and on the official forums stating that the alliance raiding scene is in dire straits. The alliance does need action atm or else the faction pve end game wise may just stop.

This is a known issue and yet the horde believe this is fine and they cannot see the problem.

With no alliance the game becomes stagnant and other mmo's where one faction became the "only" faction died because of it.

Updated gnome racial with feedback from a very nice message I got.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-06-14 at 10:29 AM.