Thread: LFR/Flexi Moan

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR/Flexi Moan

When will Blizzard acknowledge the damage the LFR format has done and will they back down from Flexi Raid?

I am finding it increasingly difficult, as many guilds are, recruiting for raiders. People just don't seem to be driven to raid... actually they don't need to anymore right Blizz? A massive part of the reason players joined raid guilds is to see the end content, now that incentive and drive is gone.

Yes it lets casuals see content but seriously... Casuals can already participate in PVP, 5 mans, Challenge Modes, Brawl Club, Old raid content, Transmog, Scenarios, Story-line, Arena, Heroics, Professions, AH Economy play and all the rest... so freaking what if they don't get to see end content as well??? Watch a wow video or something... even better. Learn to play and join a raiding guild

WHY RUIN THE INCENTIVE FOR PEOPLE TO RAID BY INTRODUCING AND MAINTAINING LFR???

No FLEXI raid won't fix it!

Stop screwing over raiding and dumbing down the goddam raid scene, you want people to join 10's and maintain 25's??? Piss this damn system off.

-sci

ps... (Also recruiting for capable players, see Khaz'Goroth forum or pst me on #sci1900... oceanic, 25man currently 1/13HM and wanting more hard ass dps)

Deleted
    Are you serious? Another LFR-QQ-Thread? It really gets ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Another LFR-QQ-Thread?
    ... well what were expecting clicking on the thread?

Of course another one... don't you think that we collectively have a point?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread like any other will end up in some people agreeing that it sucks, and most will just tell you your plain stupid stop QQ-ing etc. It won't offer anything productive.

My suggestion would be accept that WoW is no longer the game you once loved and enjoyed and move on.

Deleted
    We'll be entering a wierd phase in the game were we have LFR, flexi, normal and heroic mode.

But I don't see LFR being featured in 6.0 in it's current state. It'll either be introduced 1 tier later or the loot /amount of bosses we'll see in LFR will be reduced dramatically.

Heroic dungeons won't be queueable.

The people who think LFR won't get revamped or removed are blind to it's consequences.
    Last edited by mmocf672894300; 2013-06-10 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchlol View Post
    We'll be entering a wierd phase in the game were we have LFR, flexi, normal and heroic mode.

But I don't see LFR being featured in 6.0 in it's current state. It'll either be introduced 1 tier later or the loot /amount of bosses we'll see in LFR will be reduced dramatically.

Heroic dungeons won't be queueable.
    Wouldn't mind this at all, but I imagine the amounts of QQ will go through the roof how it's alt unfriendly, too hard, requiring to socialize again, need a guild again etc.

Deleted
    please no, not YET another QQ LFR/flexi post.
    my simple advice would be, if you dont like it, then just stop playing.
    it really is that simple.
    will it affect your gameplay in anyway? probably not.
    then just let it go, these threads are getting a little tiresome now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Wouldn't mind this at all, but I imagine the amounts of QQ will go through the roof how it's alt unfriendly, too hard, requiring to socialize again, need a guild again etc.
    For these guys there are normal dungeons and LFR (if LFR stays -> LFR would be queueable with normal dungeon gear and would drop worse loot then heroic dungeons).

I always found it interesting that these types of posts rarely come from any serious raiders. People that enjoy heroic raiding will stick to it until they no longer enjoy it or have the time for it. LFR is not going to satisfy someone who enjoys solid progression and neither will Flex. In fact, the lfr/flex systems don't even change how your normal/heroic raids work. I mean surely at 1/13 HM you can't think that raiding has been dumbed down by LFR unless you feel like you shouldn't even be in heroics to begin with...

People raid for different reasons of course, but I would imagine there are very few people who raid heroics just for the sake of "seeing the content" so it's not like LFR is narrowing the pool of heroic raiders. There's just so much more to heroic raiding that LFR and flex will simply not be able to deliver on. Personally I'm looking forward to raiding with some friends on off nights without having to save an alt for it.

This thread like any other will end up in some people agreeing that it sucks, and most will just tell you your plain stupid stop QQ-ing etc. It won't offer anything productive.
    The content is great, just remove LFR to re-introduce the incentive to raid.

I'm being productive by suggesting the system be removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    please no, not YET another QQ LFR/flexi post.
    my simple advice would be, if you dont like it, then just stop playing.
    it really is that simple.
    will it affect your gameplay in anyway? probably not.
    then just let it go, these threads are getting a little tiresome now.
    Yes it does, because of LFR raids lost their mystique, which is a big reason why people raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    The content is great, just remove LFR to re-introduce the incentive to raid.

I'm being productive by suggesting the system be removed.
    I'm just glad somebody has finally made that suggestion
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
    I always found it interesting that these types of posts rarely come from any serious raiders.
    1/13HM reflects our progression due to lack of recruitment options not our 'seriousness'. As someone trying to maintain a 25man team the job is becoming increasingly difficult due to lack of dedication to the cause. Not the lack of willingness to commit time to the game.

My suggestion would be accept that WoW is no longer the game you once loved and enjoyed and move on.
    I'm not entirely sure how this guy meant the last sentence of his post but it's more or less correct; if WoW isn't the game you like to play anymore...stop playing it.

I know that's a pretty canned response but it's true - no amount of posting on forums or crying out about a decision is going to sway the developers into canning something that's been in-development for quite a while. The community might be able to sometimes slightly influence balance changes or tuning - you're never, ever going to get them to add or remove a MAJOR feature. Period.

So if the introduction of features, good or bad to you, is making you just hate your game experience...find a different hobby/game/whatever.

If WoW suffers changes dramatic enough that I can't enjoy it just through the company of my guild..then I'll quit. It's as simple as saying "well, this is no longer a fun use of my free time - I don't get any enjoyment from this experience anymore - I should find something I do enjoy" and being done with it.

You have power over a lot of stuff in your life - the actions of a giant company that has to figure out how to make money from millions on one product is not something you have power over as a consumer of that company's goods.

It's sort of like laundry detergent - Tide started adding something to theirs that makes it smell different from how you've known it to since 2005 - do you get angry and try to change what Tide is putting in their detergent? No. If the smell bothers you that much (spoiler: it does) you would do what anyone else would do, you'd switch detergents.

You can't stop the game from changing. I can't either. No one can that isn't a developer.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    There is this myth that most LFR raiders were former N raiders. By and large this is not true. Most of them were not prior raiders. (Source)

1) Forcing players into guilds like yours in order to "let" them see the endgame content isn't going to be good for the game. Do you honestly think they'll have fun? Do you think they'll have a good attitude and be conducive to a good raid? (Or do you not care about such things, so long as progress is made?)

2) Do you want heroic mode removed as well? I ask because the type of player likely to be content with doing LFR only because they've "seen the content" is not likely to feel any urge to do heroic mode having completed normal mode.

It reminds me of my marching band in high school. For the first three years of my high school career, if you wanted to be in the concert band, you also had to do the marching band. Half the people there hated it, and constantly complained about the practices and performances and hours and such.... and year after year, our performance suffered as we tried to get the people who were forced to be there to do better. Finally, my senior year, the school decided to say you could do concert band without being required to do marching band, and all of a sudden marching band became enjoyable... except we didn't have enough people to do it competitively anymore. Even with that, I can't bring myself to say the school was in the wrong, because my Junior year our performance really was miserable, and it was almost entirely due to people who didn't want to be there just refusing to put forth any real effort.

I'm not blind to the consequences of LFR.... nor am I blind to the existence of multiple difficulties, and the reasons for which people run them. Removing the easiest difficulty that lets people queue up whenever they want, regardless of whether others on their server are playing, is hardly a logical step following a more difficult version that requires a pug group, with the slight advantage of being more flexible in terms of raid comp. I don't see many people who do only LFR being tempted into Flex, though I"m sure some will... I find it more likely that people who enjoy normal mode raiding but can't quite get past it will be the ones who fill out Flex.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchlol View Post
    Yes it does, because of LFR raids lost their mystique, which is a big reason why people raid.
    Also, this was never why I raided. If this is part of why you raided prior to the addition of LFR, I sympathize for your loss (and also assume you never read up on any guides or tactics, or watched videos of the raids, prior to entering, lest you ruin the "mystique".) Over-generalizations in support of your point without any evidence or reasoning to back them up are rarely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how this guy meant the last sentence of his post but it's more or less correct; if WoW isn't the game you like to play anymore...stop playing it.
    It is, I enjoy, so does everyone in the guild that I represent in some form. The job of meeting peoples expectations is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm feeling the pressure.

I know that's a pretty canned response but it's true - no amount of posting on forums or crying out about a decision is going to sway the developers into canning something that's been in-development for quite a while. The community might be able to sometimes slightly influence balance changes or tuning - you're never, ever going to get them to add or remove a MAJOR feature. Period.
    With each new patch, LFR needs to be developed and tuned. I would say don't bother next patch.

So if the introduction of features, good or bad to you, is making you just hate your game experience...find a different hobby/game/whatever.
    Probably would if there was another raid focused game

It's sort of like laundry detergent
    Hey now you're just patronising me

I wish the mods would start closing these LFR whine threads, they are almost identical by this point, and could really do with merging into one or closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
    I always found it interesting that these types of posts rarely come from any serious raiders. People that enjoy heroic raiding will stick to it until they no longer enjoy it or have the time for it. LFR is not going to satisfy someone who enjoys solid progression and neither will Flex. In fact, the lfr/flex systems don't even change how your normal/heroic raids work. I mean surely at 1/13 HM you can't think that raiding has been dumbed down by LFR unless you feel like you shouldn't even be in heroics to begin with...

People raid for different reasons of course, but I would imagine there are very few people who raid heroics just for the sake of "seeing the content" so it's not like LFR is narrowing the pool of heroic raiders. There's just so much more to heroic raiding that LFR and flex will simply not be able to deliver on. Personally I'm looking forward to raiding with some friends on off nights without having to save an alt for it.
    LFR and the incoming flexiraid has removed the reason why people would join a guild - to raid. In the past, if people wanted to see the raiding content, they would join a raiding guild that suited their level of play. LFR means that people no longer need to do this. You don't even need to be in a guild to actually see the raiding content now. So people who want to raid to see the bosses, etc, now no longer even need to join a guild. What this has done is create a vacuum in the recruitment pool. A deep dark hole. It has removed virtually most social aspects of raiding, where even the determination of loot is taken out of our hands. I have gone into LFR's where the only words spoken was by the tank, asking who would tank what and that was it. Nothing else was said.

When the choice is to join a guild to kill bosses and put up with having to apply to a guild, pass trial, etc.. or do an lfr to experience the raiding content and not have to put up with the things that comes with joining a guild, which would people pick if given the choice? People will take the easier option.

Couple this with scaling and organising raids is much easier on 10man for the most part, small 10man guilds are cropping up everywhere, fly by night guilds that rarely succeed. This also makes recruiting near impossible.

Flexi raid will not help this situation.