Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't know about separate battle.net accounts; that might be sketchier since it would mean you would need two desktop apps. I can see that maybe being problematic although that's sort of an unconventional way to do things, so it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't supported.
    You can launch the app multiple times, it's off by default but you can enable it via settings.

I haven't tried (I'll try tonight - I have two licenses) but I think you can as long as they're different wow accounts under the same battle.net. If it doesn't work yet, it should eventually or I imagine there would be a huge uproar from multiboxers.
    You can launch multiple clients straight from the app, you even get a dropup menu to select which account you wish to launch similar to the old logon in the game itself.
    The app is still active in the background after you open the game, tabbing back is not an issue.
    Besides, if you can still launch games without the app multiboxers would have nothing to uproar against regardless.

I'm sure many of them are using scripts to launch all their clients anyways.
    Last edited by Grindfreak; 2013-06-11 at 08:22 PM.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak View Post
    You can launch the app multiple times, it's off by default but you can enable it via settings.
    Have you tried it, though? It doesn't work right now, at least not for me. It errors.

You can launch multiple clients straight from the app, you even get a dropup menu to select which account you wish to launch similar to the old logon in the game itself.
    Yeah I knew about the dropdown, mainly because it's defaulting to my second account every time and I accidentally log into the wrong account every time. But I hadn't actually tried it to see if swapping and hitting 'play' again would just log out the current one and log it in to the other license, or if it actually launched a second client.

(fwiw, Grindfreak is right - I just tested; it launches a second client for your second wow license)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried it, though? It doesn't work right now, at least not for me. It errors.
    Yes I tried it, and here is proof:
    http://i.imgur.com/dsPKnLz.jpg

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I tried it, and here is proof:
    http://i.imgur.com/dsPKnLz.jpg
    Mine hates me then :'(

That's good, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Virtual Realms are coming, which will essentially merge realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but trade with and do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House.

no one saw that or why is nobody talking about that? :x
    i think this is a hudge change

edit : oh sorry wrong post how did this happen O.o
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-06-12 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    That NightSabre, I think I just came...

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Refer to my previous post please.

As to booting with the OS, there's always a way to stop those programmes from doing that, Bnet's Client won't be any different.
    I don't know in what world you live, but having 4 front-ends (Steam, Origin, U-Play and now Battle.net) is a good thing. That is 4 programs that are running in the background, regardless of how much memory or CPU time they consume, it's still 4 programs which shouldn't be there from the get go like it was in the past and it worked flawlessly.

I can deal with Steam potentially since it's really become the biggest game store on the internet, but to have every publisher and smart pants guy bring out their own front-ends it's not better for the consumer it is in-fact worse.

And before you start, if I disable all those launcher/front-ends to launch with Windows, I have to wait about 15-30 seconds when I want to play a game before those exact same launchers actually launch, authenticate and run the game, something that would take me exactly 1 second on this machine if the games wouldn't be DRMd to hell and would just allow me to click twice on the .exe file.

Aside of that every battle.net enabled game already requires authentication when you want to play, so there is no reason for this what-so-ever for a DRMed front-end.

I'm kind of curious what happens with the final product and I try to launch WoW.exe, if it start opening the Battle.net thing, I will face palm.

does this beta get you anything in game? i tried looking but could not find it. sorry if I over looked it some where.

How will the Curse client interact with the launcher? I am so used to opening the client and updating addons...if no updates are necessary I just click Launch Game.

I am really liking this thing so far. I can't wait for the full release of it

Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    How will the Curse client interact with the launcher? I am so used to opening the client and updating addons...if no updates are necessary I just click Launch Game.
    Next update will fix it to work correctly with the new launcher.

Deleted
    gimme dat betaaaaaaaaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    I don't know in what world you live, but having 4 front-ends (Steam, Origin, U-Play and now Battle.net) is a good thing. That is 4 programs that are running in the background, regardless of how much memory or CPU time they consume, it's still 4 programs which shouldn't be there from the get go like it was in the past and it worked flawlessly.
    This paragraph is a wee bit contradictory isn't it?

As to what world i live in, i live in a world where i want my computer to boot as fast as possible, so i don't want every single brand environment and game hub to launch at once. Currently, apart from all the important software i only have Steam to open with Windows, as there's no need for the rest. And i believe there's plenty of people who share my views on this.

I can always launch Bnet, Origin or whatever when i need it, right?

And before you start, if I disable all those launcher/front-ends to launch with Windows, I have to wait about 15-30 seconds when I want to play a game before those exact same launchers actually launch, authenticate and run the game, something that would take me exactly 1 second on this machine if the games wouldn't be DRMd to hell and would just allow me to click twice on the .exe file.
    Those apps don't just launch instataneous out of thin air. Those seconds you "gain" when you want to play a game are seconds used up at the OS boot to prepare the apps. I prefer my computer to boot faster than having my games open instantly, by a long margin.

I can deal with Steam potentially since it's really become the biggest game store on the internet, but to have every publisher and smart pants guy bring out their own front-ends it's not better for the consumer it is in-fact worse.
    Once again i'm confused as to wether or not you like having those steam-like apps or not...