Thread: Subtle Essence

Deleted

Subtle Essence

Can someone explain to me how and why these are now selling for 1k per unit? It wasn't long ago that they sold for between 10-50 gold. Are they useful for anything except levelling crafting as they are the lowest level crafting material? Confused.....

Also why are chipped gems like 2-5k per gem? Are they used for anything useful? The better gems have no level requirement and are 50-80% cheaper and much better.
    Last edited by mmoc08b5c04921; 2013-06-09 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can craft up the essence. Though it takes a ton of them to do so, so it's not financially helpful. I think it's a combination of things. People pay a lot of money for good low-level gear. And at that level, you just don't find much gear, because your magic find is low or just non-existent. Plus, nobody bothers to salvage any of that gear, so supply might be low. A little tip: primary stat sucks at low levels. But vitality scales much much better. You still get 10 hp per point, and when you only have a couple hundred base, 50 hp on a piece of gear is a lot.

Gems? I couldn't tell you. There's no minimum level requirement for higher level gems, so there's zero use for chipped and even above that. Farm Flawless Squares, stick em in your level 15 gear.

Deleted
    Thank you. Didn't realise you could use Flawless Squares as they said 60 level. Very handy tip ty.