10+ Year Old Account
    So there will be a memory archive... that is good for me that havent played any of the other titles, would be able to catch up on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    So there will be a memory archive... that is good for me that havent played any of the other titles, would be able to catch up on the story.
    Bruh. You gotta at least check out Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Bruh. You gotta at least check out Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.
    Have a Xbox oneS not gonna buy a ps4 just for KH story so far...... or the seperate titles. So the vids will have to do.

Epilogue release on the 30th and the secret movie on the 31st? Speed runners everywhere are gonna cry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not one speedrunner i follow has said theyre speed running on their first playthrough. In fact, theyre taking their time on standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not one speedrunner i follow has said theyre speed running on their first playthrough. In fact, theyre taking their time on standard.
    I mean... why would people think they wouldn't? They still have to know the game before they start speed running it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean... why would people think they wouldn't? They still have to know the game before they start speed running it.
    Idk but some duder in this thread a few months ago was insisting they were. The speedrunning community cares about the story because they love the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Idk but some duder in this thread a few months ago was insisting they were. The speedrunning community cares about the story because they love the games.
    That was uh.... me... then awhile ago I stumbled across this guy while looking at RE videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDg...TH8Rw/featured

and then I started watching GDQ, and well... now I'm a fan. It's like looking at your games in a different way, they know basically all the inner workings and can ELI5

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That was uh.... me... then awhile ago I stumbled across this guy while looking at RE videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDg...TH8Rw/featured

and then I started watching GDQ, and well... now I'm a fan. It's like looking at your games in a different way, they know basically all the inner workings and can ELI5
    Way to be. As a semi speedrunner, i know how they feel.

I wish I could know how hard Proud Mode for KH3 will be. It wasn't rough at all in 1 and 2 save the very end of the games (even then, not too bad). I want that secret ending, but I'm assuming we'll have quite a bit to do on Standard Mode if we want to unlock it. Then again, the more time I get to spend on KH3, even if it's side stuff, the better (hopefully).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I wish I could know how hard Proud Mode for KH3 will be. It wasn't rough at all in 1 and 2 save the very end of the games (even then, not too bad). I want that secret ending, but I'm assuming we'll have quite a bit to do on Standard Mode if we want to unlock it. Then again, the more time I get to spend on KH3, even if it's side stuff, the better (hopefully).
    From what the leaker said, it's pretty easy. I'm thinking of doing it on Proud.

I'm definitely doing my first playthrough on Standard. Going to see how the mechanics play out before I decide to try any higher difficulties.

Not gonna play through the game multiple times(well not at release anyways) so I will choose w/e is hardest difficulty from the start. Proud? Or is critical in from the jump?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Critical being an unlock thing in DDD and 0.2 doesn't raise my hopes of being able to start KH3 on Critical in the first playthrough.

Then again, I also kind of want to know what Critical entails in this beforehand. Don't particularly care about how much damage you take in it, but BBS and DDD halving your damage was meh, just makes it more tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    From what the leaker said, it's pretty easy. I'm thinking of doing it on Proud.
    I don't want to bang my head against a wall, but I also don't want it to feel like an absolute breeze. I want something in between for my first playthrough of KH3. This info helps. Thanks.

Opinion inquiry; do you think Disney/Square will release the full Opening Cinematic when Face My Fears officially releases on the 18th?

I don't think they will, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Opinion inquiry; do you think Disney/Square will release the full Opening Cinematic when Face My Fears officially releases on the 18th?

I don't think they will, but you never know.
    I feel like it could go either way.

Apparently on the 19th a new video will be released.

https://twitter.com/_KINGDOMHEARTS/s...835603968?s=08
    【Another 11 days] The Saturdays-and-Sundays public holiday has a lot of holidays and many announcements are relatively easy. Today is a preliminary announcement, but from 19th it will be a countdown with a video. The movie has become a cute feeling finish that I made externally for this countdown for luxury so please look forward to @ Nomura # _ KH # KH 3
    Rough translation from the Japan KH Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Apparently on the 19th a new video will be released.

https://twitter.com/_KINGDOMHEARTS/s...835603968?s=08

Rough translation from the Japan KH Twitter.
    I'm having trouble understanding that, but I'm guessing he's saying he decided to create a video of his own accord (and not something Square Enix requested) to be released on the 19th that will begin the daily countdown to KH3?

- - - Updated - - -

Friend of mine told me his local Gamestop will have a rollover release for KH3, so he will get the game on the 28th at 7 pm.