Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The franchise should be able to stand on its own merits without needing to depend on the Final Fantasy or the Disney gimmick.
    That is literally the franchise, dude. That's what drew folks to it, that's why folks like it, that's what keeps them coming back.

The lore/story being a garbled mess that requires you to look up recordings of old concerts and a bunch of other stuff is just Squeenix being Squeenix and planning badly. It has nothing to do with any licensing, which only applies for the Disney license as Squeenix like, owns Final Fantasy and shit, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That is literally the franchise, dude. That's what drew folks to it, that's why folks like it, that's what keeps them coming back.

The lore/story being a garbled mess that requires you to look up recordings of old concerts and a bunch of other stuff is just Squeenix being Squeenix and planning badly.
    that is in fact Nomura being Nomura. he's about the only producer in that company with the clout do basically anything he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that is in fact Nomura being Nomura. he's about the only producer in that company with the clout do basically anything he wants.
    That's the guy with the belt fetish, right? I still need to play these games (picked up the bundle with all the games on PS4 a while back but kinda lost interest partway through the first one), but a few friends that are big into the series have clowned on him a bit. But like, gentle clowning for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    people talking about cutting levels in regards to frozen when the big hero 6 world is standing right there.
    It's certainly not the best world but it's still better than the Frozen world.

That's the guy with the belt fetish, right? I still need to play these games (picked up the bundle with all the games on PS4 a while back but kinda lost interest partway through the first one), but a few friends that are big into the series have clowned on him a bit. But like, gentle clowning for the most part.
    he has phases; belts, zippers, plaid. a lot of his work and art is over the top and that's saying something among Japanese artists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It's certainly not the best world but it's still better than the Frozen world.
    no, no I hate Frozen, and I still think that world was better just for it at least being a retread of an actual story. the other is just parkour mini games.

I like that you're suddenly in jotunheim for no reason, okay!?!?!?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-13 at 12:50 AM.

The lore/story being a garbled mess that requires you to look up recordings of old concerts and a bunch of other stuff is just Squeenix being Squeenix and planning badly. It has nothing to do with any licensing, which only applies for the Disney license as Squeenix like, owns Final Fantasy and shit, yo.
    Story being a mess is totally on the developers/writers who can't really make a consistent story.
    When KH1 ends everything is kind of clear and easy, you had Ansem and his Heartless.
    then the sequel Chain of Memories makes things a bit weird but was still understandable,
    Then it goes of the cliffs when they start introducing Roxas, Xion and Ventus all being the defacto the same person and the crap they do with Riku, Xehanort, Ansem and adding Nobodies and taking over the body's.

Plus another crap they keep adding are the secret endings which can add some important context to the games.

The Disney story's in all of this are actually the only things that are consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Maybe it was my lack of familiarity with Disney movies. I really did think the first KH game was a one-and-done cool little Disney game, in a Marvel vs. Capcom kind of way. I think its the fact, the developers and the fans took a story like that seriously enough to roll with it for all the sequels and spin-offs was... surprising? strange? Its such a jarring difference in appearance between the characters that come from the JRPG Anime side and the classic 1900s hand drawn Disney characters. Humbling I guess.
    Well I haven't seen most of these Disney movies either but you just go with the flow. You don't need to have a attachment to the Disney world to enjoy some of the worlds.
    Biggest problems with KH games are maybe the spinoff games that are designed with limited hardware in mind. Chain of Memories was a GBA game originally that was remade to a PS2 game and Birth by Sleep a PSP game. Both games have a limited scope in my opinion and a repetitiveness that comes with originally being a handheld game.

And that was not even mentioning time travel and "we're all Xenordvpn now!"

I hope they use 4 to tie up loose ends and start from mostly fresh in 5,with a story planned from the start, rather than bullshutting with every new entry (especially DDD).
    But this is Nomura, so it'll probably answer nothing and open another 50 subplots that get retconned or just canned entirely