Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that Disney is the problem and not Square? I feel like people often forget KH is a Disney owned IP, and they ultimately have final say on what is allowed to be in the game or not. Especially with Disney expanding the IP beyond games now why would they want to continue to promote Square Enix owned characters in it?
    I never said Disney wasnt the problem.

Pretty obvious who is against an evil version of their characters.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    You're missing my point, just because something was left out of the game (in this case the FF characters) that doesn't necessarily mean its because Disney told Square to cut them.

Also, It's always been a marketing tool for Disney no idea what series you've been playing.
    Remind me again why Disney would want to market FF characters in their own IP instead of marketing their own shit? In the earlier games Square probably argued to have them there to help sell the product to their fan base, now Disney knows KH is already popular it will remain popular even with removal of non disney owned characters.

The opposite is true, the actual point is flying over your head and I'm wondering why you don't see it when even your own statements back it up. It's not a coincidence those characters disappeared in the game that markets disney rides and mostly only allowed use of worlds that where from modern releases. KH3 is literally *this is all the cool modern shit from disney guys go buy it and visit the parks!* with a bat shit insane Nomura plot as a backdrop.

Remind me again why Disney would want to market FF characters in their own IP instead of marketing their own shit? In the earlier games Square probably argued to have them there to help sell the product to their fan base, now Disney knows KH is already popular it will remain popular even with removal of non disney owned characters.

The opposite is true, the actual point is flying over your head and I'm wondering why you don't see it when even your own statements back it up. It's not a coincidence those characters disappeared in the game that markets disney rides and mostly only allowed use of worlds that where from modern releases. KH3 is literally *this is all the cool modern shit from disney guys go buy it and visit the parks!* with a bat shit insane Nomura plot as a backdrop.
    If all the other Non-Disney stuff was fine I'm not sure why you think they'd have a problem with FF cameos, they certainly had no issue featuring them in the Hercules world in several games. The decision not to include FF characters in 3 was Squares, there is zero evidence suggesting Disney cared about them being in the game or not.

In fact here's an interview stating that it was a decision by Square and not a Disney Mandate:

https://gamerant.com/kingdom-hearts-...ers%20instead.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2020-08-28 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a weird take. What possible reason would Disney have for demanding that Square not put Final Fantasy characters in the game? Especially when previous KH games had them. It also falls apart when you consider that there are FF characters in the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    What a weird take. What possible reason would Disney have for demanding that Square not put Final Fantasy characters in the game? Especially when previous KH games had them.
    What a weird take. What possible reason would Square Enix have for removing their own characters from the game? Especially when the previous KH games had them.

Also it's pretty clear Disney gave 0 fucks about the DLC to begin with so your logic also falls apart there.

Oh how easy the tables turn when you use logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    In fact here's an interview stating that it was a decision by Square and not a Disney Mandate:
    Cause you know, they are gonna throw the people that own the IP and give them the rights to make the game under the bus if it was true. /s

Yea, I'm sure Cloud and Sephiroth where excluded from the game when they had a new remake to promote just because Square felt like it. They deliberately limited the exposure of their own characters just to make you salty.

What a weird take. What possible reason would Square Enix have for removing their own characters from the game? Especially when the previous KH games had them.

Also it's pretty clear Disney gave 0 fucks about the DLC to begin with so your logic also falls apart there.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause you know, they are gonna throw the people that own the IP and give them the rights to make the game under the bus if it was true. /s

Yea, I'm sure Cloud and Sephiroth where excluded from the game when they had a new remake to promote just because Square felt like it. They deliberately limited the exposure of their own characters just to make you salty.
    I don't know what to tell you man if you're just gonna go and disregard actual facts while providing none of your own then this conversation is kind of dead in the water.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Umm the reason that they literally provided as to why they didn't add them? If you're going to suggest that Square is lying and that Disney forced them to cut the FF characters, you're going to have to provide some evidence, especially when there is an official statement from Tai Yassue saying they didn't add them because they already had a ton of original KH characters in the game.

Also how is it clear that Disney gave 0 fucks about the DLC? You're just making wild claims and providing absolutely nothing to back it up.

I never gave a shit about the final fantasy characters aside from the hollow bastion/radiant garden ones since I played kingdom hearts first and I have no problems with them using original characters from here on out.

I have a friend that gets pissed off everytime I call "squall" leon and throws a fit over how thats "not his name" and I'm like dude I aint never even played ff8 Idgaf
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the dmc 5 glow up, kh 3 fm for ps5 with a 4k 60, 1080 120 poooleeeez

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...809292800?s=19 holy shit. The whole franchise AND before the switch

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...809292800?s=19 holy shit. The whole franchise AND before the switch
    lmao the prices tho...

Solid business model.

Re-release all your games to milk that sweet nostaglia inbetween bloated overhyped original entries every 15 years.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...ngdom%20hearts

Entire franchise for $85 on PSN right now.(all in one, remind and MoM). If you don't want MoM then then its only $45 lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just shocked. But yeah, i probably wont get them right away. But im still interested how how they run and if there are any changes like in the xbox versions.

They apparently have japanese audio for the first time
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-02-11 at 07:38 PM.

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status...41419335487488

Finally, we can enjoy the disappointment on PC. I have these on PS4 and never played, kinda wanna get it on PC for 60fps and whatnot but I think I can pass on it. Picked up the collection for $30 a while back and I can live with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status...41419335487488

Finally, we can enjoy the disappointment on PC. I have these on PS4 and never played, kinda wanna get it on PC for 60fps and whatnot but I think I can pass on it. Picked up the collection for $30 a while back and I can live with that.
    I'm excited to at least own it on PC. That dude seems like he hasn't played the previous games though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

/sigh

Take my money Square, take all of it...

I'll probably get 1.5+2.5 first then 2.8 and 3 later.

Almost got me excited till I saw "EGS". That's a huge no.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It'll probably be like the Quantic Dream collection, where it starts off exclusive on EGS, but then after a few months to maybe a year, it'll go to Steam. I mean, it's a weird move if it's never going to be on Steam since a lot of other Square titles are on Steam (including FFXV).

Hopefully the PC port won't be shitty, as the Final Fantasy PC ports are. It's really sad when you get a better gameplay experience emulating a game rather than playing the official PC port.