Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Firing by E-mail is douche bag move, however your reply makes me think theres two side to the story
    Yeah, I'm not fully convinced that the OP is the good guy either.

Even if he does have superior sales numbers, etc, it is possible to be a good worker, but still have a shit attitude that's detrimental to a company.

I've seen it first hand; the most productive employee develops some shitty rock diva attitude and ends up raping team morale in the ass. As soon as they are out the door suddenly OVERALL productivity skyrockets because people are much happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still want to know why you got fired
    The boss found out his wife was cheating on him. He went to John with questions and was told: "No way, not me <thinks fast and comes up with somebody he doesn't like> it was xZANGEITIx, he's been doing her on your desk and we didn't have the heart to tell you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    funny if the bosses email went to the wrong person, wasn't actually firing the OP, and the boss has just got this email thinking "wtf?"

OT : if its all true, a company wouldn't fire their best salesman for no reason, they must have a good reason for it. doubt they just did it for the lols.
    dragonmaw - EU

itt: assumptions galore.

this is what I said to him in a Email ( ill sensor it)
    Good luck ever furthering you're professional career with stunts like this......You might be able to get jobs, but you'll never have a career with an attitude like this.

Burning your bridges is a bad idea, pretty much always.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    According to his profile he's a hat salesman... Why does this thread smell funny to me?
    do those even exist?!? i thought al bundy's shoe salesman job was a bit of a stretch...
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing sadder than the juvenile temper tantrum at your firing is you coming to brag about it to strangers on the internet. You have some pretty weird priorities.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Well, I suppose if you're going to burn a bridge, you may as well use lots of gas and make a really impressive fire that everyone will see for miles around.
    Thanks for my new sig^^

@OP: I've told my friends over and over the same sentence when they are angry: Do NOT operate a keyboard or the equivalent. You just made it harder for yourself to find future jobs.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The only thing sadder than the juvenile temper tantrum at your firing is you coming to brag about it to strangers on the internet. You have some pretty weird priorities.
    How exactly that a priority that is noteworthy enough to mention? Do you think he'd rather post this than starve to escape a burning building?

This guy had some interesting things going on in his life and he wanted to share, to see if he was justified or not in his actions, and what possibly could come as a consequence.

Not only that, but it serves as a warning to people like me who will be entering the workforce soon in due time. I'd love to learn from other people's mistakes so I don't have to suffer through them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think we're still waiting to find out WHY he got fired, considering he was their best salesman (by his word).
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FTAzai View Post
    How exactly that a priority that is noteworthy enough to mention? Do you think he'd rather post this than starve to escape a burning building?
    That's not quite what I meant. I'm sure you can figure out where I was going with that.

This guy had some interesting things going on in his life and he wanted to share, to see if he was justified or not in his actions, and what possibly could come as a consequence.
    I'm sure there was no "hey look guys, I'm a badass" going on. None at all.

Not only that, but it serves as a warning to people like me who will be entering the workforce soon in due time. I'd love to learn from other people's mistakes so I don't have to suffer through them.
    When you only get half the story there is no lesson to be learned.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Yeah, that was rather uncalled for. I kind of hope your next prospective employer calls him for a reference. I suppose in a twisted way, letting him know about his wife cheating (if true) was a good thing to do, but the delivery probably just made it worse on him. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Well done.
    Your last 5 years of employment down the tubes without a decent reference to show for it.
    You sure told him!
    This quite a several times.
    "What comes around goes around" does sometimes apply in real life. Sometimes.

I look around my town and it's one of those "everyone knows everybody else" type towns. If you did that here you would be screwed. Your only chance is to move away.

Hopefully, you have another job lined up and this doesn't bite you in the ass.

Maybe this could turn out good for you somehow in the future? You never know. There is never any guarantee that leaving gracefully will benefit you either. Chaos theory, the butterfly effect and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    im going to go against the grain here somewhat & say good on ya.
    some bosses really do need to be told they're the scum of the earth. ok, the consequences of such actions may have negative effect in future job applications, but bravo for having the balls/guts for telling your ex boss exactly how it is.
    Maybe, it depends. Yeah, if this guy was a true scumbag. Some people just really don't deserve the time of day. But all we know is "I got fired by email" and "he only fired me to hire family". Which may be the case, or may not. Businesses will fire long-time employees to hire new people they can pay lower wages. Guess it depends on the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    The fact that he had worked there for 5 years will work in his favor, and make his firing look somewhat suspicious. If he hadnt been fired in those 5 years for having a negative attitude then people may know to not give his former boss a whole lot of credibility. Employers are aware that there are some unscrupulous bosses out there.
    Here's the problem, and this is to everyone in the thread, because I've seen it a lot. When you write down a former employer on a job application, there's only so much the potential future employer can ask the prior ones. basically, it's "yes, he worked for me" and that's it. No, he can't use him for a reference reference, but really who cares? In five years, I'm sue he's developed a rapport with someone else there.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was not a smart decision. There are plenty of more professional ways to handle this, so good luck if somebody ever gets word from your boss about how lovely you are to have around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of the opinion that one shouldn't burn bridges. Regardless of the circumstances under which you're let go. Life's too short to hold grudges and make enemies.

But good luck finding a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you shit on Deborah's desk...

You did didn't you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof