Poll: ???

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If you could live in one time period, where would it be?

Which one?

Some year 2100 to 2300 would be nice, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the year where aging is cured.
    In the year I can log into a game virtually.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of Far Future votes lol. Gamer forums ftw.

I would have to say the earlier ages would really depend on your status in life if we are talking like a rich influential Roman senator or something then ya I can see the bonus.

During a time where shit is like Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    What does this even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Civil War era. Im a Civil War history nut. Barring that, Rome circa Julius Cesar

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to live in a time period where all of humanity is generally politically united (meaning national borders have been dissolved mostly), where everyone speaks at least a single common language (in addition to others to preserve some remnants of unique cultures), where everyone cares about the whole of humanity rather than just their nation-state or race, where we have breached our solar system and have ventured far out into the galaxy, where we have manufactured whole synthetic space-port cities throughout the galaxy, where we have met other intelligent alien life forms who also happen to be rational.

life would be good.

very, very good.

Culture-esque future please. I'm talking like 10k+ years forward.

The Cold War... ahh... that feel that nuclear tention?

I think I would fit into society a little bit better back then. Although giving up computers and dealing with that God awful music might just make me commit suicide.

Deleted
    Far future. I might want to visit the past but wouldn't want to actually live there.. too violent, diseases, no power, running water, ugh.

Deleted
    This, pretty much.

So basically your goal in life is to be able to play a video game forever?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The future, definitely.

It'd be cool to go back in time and see how things were in the wild west or ancient Greece or whatever - for sure. But it'd get old pretty quickly, say as soon as you got ill or injured or had to travel anywhere. Or if you weren't one of the rich people. Or wanted to go to the bathroom...

On the other hand we can't be certain what things would be like in the future. Providing it's not a post apocalyptic wasteland of terror... it'd be pretty interesting I think!

Why is everyone presuming the future will be "better" than now?

I'm not saying it won't be, but you could port into the far future and find a natural disaster has occured and you are the only person left on a scorched earth, or that mankind has torn itself apart in wars and have regressed hundreds of years technologically, maybe they are technologically advanced but you find them to be too strange or unlikeable to fit in with.

It would be a huge gamble that might not pay off ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever era has space ships.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Why is everyone presuming the future will be "better" than now?
    Because the present and the past don't have space ships.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    The colonial age I want to board a ship and sail out into the undiscovered world. You don't really have that chance any more. Well.. There is space. So the second colonial age where we colonize space.

Deleted
    Travel as a merchant around in the mediveal and talk to many people which i will meet then

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The Civil War era. Im a Civil War history nut. Barring that, Rome circa Julius Cesar
    So, Victorian era.

As much as I'd love to go back to the Victorian or World Wars era, I sorta need modern medicine and stuff right now, so I'd go to the far future. I'd be able to get done what I need, and become immortal or something. Plus, we might have time travel then, so I could just go back anyways.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Either far into the future or the Roman Empire... But I'll go with the Far Future!