How would you fix Guardian's Force of Nature?

I tried using Force of Nature on an LFR Horridon the other day, just for the sake of experimentation. I figured that since you can meter them out now, they would provide some situational utility by taunting and tanking Warbears briefly. I was really disappointed - they're terrible. Zilch for threat production and even if they do hold threat, they can't take more than one hit before they fall over. Maybe they could be used when soloing, but most bears just round up as many mobs as they can and Thrash spam until everything eventually dies.

How would you go about making those little treants more useful for a raid tank? I think the best thing might be to remove the taunt, but make their melee hits generate Rage for you. With that simple change, Blizzard could make them a legitimate option for tanks.

In raids they are pretty much useless yeah :/

Maybe something like they take X damage like Soul link, it could be another devensive CD.

Making them soak your damage would at least solve the problem of the treants not holding enough aggro to take the hit. If they do get hit, they get one-shot most of the time, but normally they just expire after doing their tiny melee attacks for 20 seconds and not providing any real benefit whatsoever.

The idea behind the 5.0 talent system was that too many people were screwing themselves by making bad talents, so they made it so that there wouldn't be such a thing as a wrong choice; it would just depend on the way you wanted to play. I wish I wasn't forced to take Incarnation, because I think it's boring to spam the same button for 30 seconds. If the treants could be used a a passive Rage producer and DPS boost, even if they only gave you 2 Rage per hit, I would seriously consider using them.

simple fix to me would be to let the treant auto attacks generate rage for the druid. That is what that tier of talents is meant to be about for Guardian anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    simple fix to me would be to let the treant auto attacks generate rage for the druid. That is what that tier of talents is meant to be about for Guardian anyway..
    I like this. Using them as a rage sponge would be good for both offensive and defensive applications.

Buff their DPS by a ton and make them generate Rage.

Devs appear to be resistant to this, but they're pretty worthless as it stands now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    FoN would need such a huge buff to match the rage generated and DPS from incarnation.