Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mage solo blood lord mandokir

Hey guys

this is not a boast thread

im sure mages have soloed this back in cata, but im purely here to let other mages know that he can be done if they THINK they cannot solo him

to kill him follow these steps (does not matter what spec)

1, spec into cold snap
    2, pop cds, timewarp, mages, NOT ALTER TIME (time warp is optional on pull, you could keep after 1st decapitate)
    3, as dbm does not track decapitate (least mines does not) you will have to time ice block, so get used to when hes gona decapitate and ice block
    4, once you have avoided decapitate and cancelled ice block press cold snap (it takes a few seconds for ice block to refresh) and will heal you a %
    5, dont get tunnel visioned, stay cool, keep dpsing, ice block will prob be refreshed a few seconds before next decapitate, press and avoid
    6, finish him off, pop alter time so u dont die due to his melee

dont kill the raptor, there is no need to, just avoid his carp on the floor and if you time the 2 ice blocks you will have this guy on farm for the mount

remember, stay cool, if you mess up, just try again, its all about timing

the panther boss is simples aswell, pop everything and kill her, ice block at the end when the cats so they dont kill you and it saves you running back in, they will despawn

again i will say that i know people have been soloing this for quite some time, im just want to let my fellow mages know that its much much easier now

have fun and GL

EDIT: ive been corrected, seems the boss no longer decapitates the one who has aggro, aslong you dont have pets, mages etc out. ive read that he still decapiates despite the hotfix that was applied, either way hes dead fast
    Last edited by mmocde75c85f1b; 2013-06-11 at 10:51 PM. Reason: update

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, considering that he no longer Decapitates the tanking target, all you have to do is A) make sure that you DONT use mirror images, and B) Make sure your pet, if you have one, doesn't draw aggro. Use Rune of Power over the other lvl 90 talents for the 1% hps regen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    well dont i feel like a fool, i did not know they had done that to the boss

nothing to see here, please move along

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh, considering that he no longer Decapitates the tanking target, all you have to do is A) make sure that you DONT use mirror images, and B) Make sure your pet, if you have one, doesn't draw aggro. Use Rune of Power over the other lvl 90 talents for the 1% hps regen.
    Are you sure about that? A week ago I soloed him as Fire, but I'm not sure whether he decapitated me when MI wasn't around or not. Most of the time I couldn't block at the right time, so he always killed me (unfortunately Cauterize and Greater Invis won't work here). So I ended up killing him in a lucky streak of him NOT using Decapitate at all. =)

Quote Originally Posted by daedralord View Post
    well dont i feel like a fool, i did not know they had done that to the boss

nothing to see here, please move along

/facepalm
    lol poor guy, i can imagine you want this deleted now xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be deleted if the OP so desires

But still, how much hp does he have, can't we burst him down before the first decapitate anyway? At least as Arcane I can burst 7-10 million with time warp and all procs, but I'm also at a high gear level.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    play a blood dk
    /thread =P

he only has around 4 million hp, and doesn't cast decap on his target. don't use mirror images and don't be frost, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol poor guy, i can imagine you want this deleted now xD
    i will leave so other mages and chars will know he can be killed easily

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post

But still, how much hp does he have, can't we burst him down before the first decapitate anyway? At least as Arcane I can burst 7-10 million with time warp and all procs, but I'm also at a high gear level.

as Liax said, just over 4mill, same with the panther boss, both bosses dead in 15 mins, infact the trash before bloodlord was harder, well that was probably due more to me running in and grabbing two packs, they still hit hard

as Liax said, just over 4mill, same with the panther boss, both bosses dead in 15 mins, infact the trash before bloodlord was harder, well that was probably due more to me running in and grabbing two packs, they still hit hard
    Packs before Mandokir can be killed in questing greens if you use the frost cauldron. Click it - cast ice lance on a foe, click again - cast IL on another foe and so on. This way they will be stunned and lose ~90% of their health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Packs before Mandokir can be killed in questing greens if you use the frost cauldron. Click it - cast ice lance on a foe, click again - cast IL on another foe and so on. This way they will be stunned and lose ~90% of their health.
    oh ye, but was fun trying to grab a load of them and standing in quake, i went down fast lol

1, spec into cold snap
    2, pop cds, timewarp, mages, NOT ALTER TIME (time warp is optional on pull, you could keep after 1st decapitate)
    3, as dbm does not track decapitate (least mines does not) you will have to time ice block, so get used to when hes gona decapitate and ice block
    4, once you have avoided decapitate and cancelled ice block press cold snap (it takes a few seconds for ice block to refresh) and will heal you a %
    5, dont get tunnel visioned, stay cool, keep dpsing, ice block will prob be refreshed a few seconds before next decapitate, press and avoid
    6, finish him off, pop alter time so u dont die due to his melee
    Just gonna say: If you don't pop Images, you don't need to IB Decap as it will never attack its primary target.

If you have a Welly, he can't be hit by it, but if he has aggro, YOU can.

So:

- Don't pop images. They only risk your life
    - Alter Time doesn't matter. Feel free to pop it.
    - Decapitate doesn't matter in the slightest unless you're somehow losing aggro to Welly.
    - Don't use Welly if your DPS is low so you can Ice Block off Bloodletting (otherwise he'll get aggro and you'll be oneshot when IB fades). If you're not Frost, this doesn't affect you.

Other than that, you just tank/spank.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    im sure mages have soloed this back in cata
    Not possible at 85, not even with full blue mists gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not possible at 85, not even with full blue mists gear.
    Other classes, maybe. Mages? No.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Im just going for panthera.. mount up running untill that room , use invisibility and kill boss without any trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Well its kinda waste of time to fight the trash at all.. use greater invisibility (1min cd) on the pack right be4 mandokir, kill mandokir, go die to trash, fly back inside and ress, apply slowfall, mount up and jump off cliff in the direction to the panther boss and keep running (in combat) until you are at boss then Invisibility again.

Btw OP, according to your edit: You CAN actually have a Water Elemental out, you just can't let it be the primary target. If he ever gets aggro (e.g., you popped Ice Block), THEN you're fucked. Until then, you can use him just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to try soloing it on my mage, but I'm concerned for my squishiness.

I solo it on my BM monk and Elem shaman, as well as my 87 blood dk (both bosses in there, but DK only does Mandokir).
    Would there be a minimum iLvl or best spec for this fight?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I want to try soloing it on my mage, but I'm concerned for my squishiness.

I solo it on my BM monk and Elem shaman, as well as my 87 blood dk (both bosses in there, but DK only does Mandokir).
    Would there be a minimum iLvl or best spec for this fight?
    Any spec works. Poor RNG as Fire is not ideal, while an average+ RNG would work fine with a good Combustion.

Arcane works fine as you can just stand there and Burst.

Frost works just as well, too.

iLevel, there isn't an ideal level. I'd just recommend taking Cold Snap if you're really having such issues. Pop it after you Ice Block the first Bloodletting as that shit hurts REALLY BAD (50% of your current health per second, so being at 100% = 50% after 1s, 25% after 2s, 12.5% after 3s, 6.25% after 4s, etc., on top of taking Melee hits). Remember, just never EVER pop Mirror Images.

Another suggestion would be to pop Temporal Shield for Bloodletting also if you can time it well. You just need to kill him before he kills you.

Also: Molten Armor reduces damage taken from his Melee by 6% (16% if glyphed). If you're taking too much damage, Fire would be ideal, especially if you get a good Combust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post

Pre decapitate nerf, he did his first one around 10-12 seconds into the fight. If not shorter, so no you cant burst him down before first