Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do people try hard in LFR?

I'm just curious, every week I see some people trying their absolute best.

Why do they even bother? If you wipe enough you can kill the boss within seconds with the determination buff, and there's no difference in reward whether you try hard and do well versus afk'ing.

Any purpose to trying in LFR? I always try to get myself killed in LFR so at least I have some excuse for not doing damage
    Last edited by swagster; 2013-06-11 at 11:35 PM.

Ridiculous question. Are you seriously suggesting people just go 'meh' when they play? What happened to the word effort? You're in a group with a role to play. If you're being so careless you can't even fathom why someone would put forth effort, you're just a lazy moron.

Because not all people are selfish assholes like you? What's the point of making it take longer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I try because I see it as more a practice run for the normals my guild does.

Because some people don't want to be in there all night. Myself I want to be in and out as quick as possible these days, so I push the most dps I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Ridiculous question. Are you seriously suggesting people just go 'meh' when they play? What happened to the word effort? You're in a group with a role to play. If you're being so careless you can't even fathom why someone would put forth effort, you're just a lazy moron.
    well LFR is not real raiding, I will of course put effort if I'm doing normals

in fact, I wish more people were like me, I hate getting paired with actual tryhards. can't everyone just chill? it's lfr.
    Last edited by swagster; 2013-06-11 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Time is money, friend.

Because LFR is nothing but a joke and a way to test out my skills in certain areas. Believe it or not most people actually 'are' trying in LFR, they're just beyond awful because nothing in this game trains you for difficult content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Because not all people are selfish assholes like you?
    Sums it up pretty much.

Also, it might be unimaginable for you, but some people actually enjoy LFR - and trying their best in this environment.

Why do LFR if you just want to afk?

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    Why do they even bother? If you wipe enough you can kill the boss within seconds with the determination buff, and there's no difference in reward whether you try hard and do well versus afk'ing.
    People try hard in LFR to compensate for the trolls like you who make the run take three times as long as it should. Imagine if everyone followed your strategy. Nothing would ever die. So I don't understand the point of your post. "I think you guys suck so I'm going to suck more." Great attitude. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you have trouble understanding that if 25 people AFK there is no reward for anybody or are you just proud of being a mooch?

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    Because some of us have other stuff to do. I can put in some effort and get a chance at some loot in x amount of time. Or I waste my own time and others and accomplish exactly the same in x+y amount of time. Life is too short to waste time because you're too lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Because I'm not that selfish.

why do kids try in little league when they know the losing team will get ice cream too. because it is fun. but now we see the true face of no child left behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just like seeing what I can do.
    Admittedly there have been boss fights where I "accidentally" got killed so i could grab a beer to take a leak
    Last edited by RecliningPanda; 2013-06-11 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more efficient to kill bosses on the first try than to wipe 5-10 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I have better things to do then wipe in lfr? If people like me didn't put in the effort and carry people like you nothing would die.
    Aye mate

If it weren't for "tryhards" aka people giving a fck, you and every other person half-assing LFR would be in there for hours on end complaining about it and blaming x and y people.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    I try my best because I like to be the best, who wouldn't want to be the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Because not all people are selfish assholes like you? What's the point of making it take longer?
    This ...

It will always take longer with wipes. Wipes get expensive as well. The reward isn't the loot, it is the experience. Loot whores and selfishness is the problem with the game, not people who try not to waste other's time and their own by slacking at every opportunity they have. Good luck in life with that attitude, will get you far, promise.

Why bother logging in, if you don't actually want to play the game?

AHHH!!! but the last line is the most telling ... you need an excuse for your low dps, because you feel bad you can't do as well as the other people.