Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Each new release is a new adventure. Skyward sword and Twilight princess are similar, but are far from copies. COD is the same game with new graphics... this year a dog, every year.
    my point exactly.

Why limit it to CoD and Battlefield?
    They are just the frontrunner. Sadly, the most successfull ones and they are pretty much an annual game like fifa etc
    Last edited by Genju; 2013-06-12 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...I talk about the buttons... and you talk about the screen pad. OK then...

Secondly - it's a Dual-Shock controller. The Six Axis is done and buried. That was, like, circa 2006 somewhere... and I argue that the Dualshock is still one of the most comfortable controllers on the market. Your assertion of "tiny japanese girl" is laughable.

I do realize that specs don't make a console... but specs do determine a SUCCESSFUL console and who wants to develop for it - otherwise the Dreamcast would be the #1 console today. :P

Holy hell is that DELUSIONAL...

Dude, their "policy" (that has never been a policy) only happened because they didn't want to play chicken with Microsoft Xbox while Sony did. That's not meant as an insult towards Nintendo... it was actually a VERY smart business decision on Nintendo's part simply because they're not a technology giant like MS and Sony. They simply CAN'T compete with those companies RnD departments on hardware of that level - let alone start gambling on system profit-loosing system designs. It had nothing to do with some dumb mentality of "forcing people to create better games"... where the HELL did you get that brain-dead idea from!? :P

But here in the real world - developers love stats because it allows them to creatively make more with them. Why do you think so many INDY developers are heading to PS4 and not the Wii-U?
    Look up Xenoblade..AMAZING things were done with the Wii for that game and it is quite frankly one of the most beautiful games i have ever seen. It however took clever use to get it that way...Such as ironically doing things tht make it look ALOT worse on the WiiU but on the wii? It's fucking gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes Nintendo would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Xbox and Playstation? .
    No - the wii u is on par is not better then these systems in overall appeal. Though playstation has the better hardware, wii u has better interface, controllers, and connectivity. There is no need to argue for the xbox because it is just a ps4 with different ip, a required internet connection, and a lager price tag. The real hardcore gamers are PC anyways, so the wii u is the best console because it appeals to a wider audience.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Look up Xenoblade..AMAZING things were done with the Wii for that game and it is quite frankly one of the most beautiful games i have ever seen. It however took clever use to get it that way...Such as ironically doing things tht make it look ALOT worse on the WiiU but on the wii? It's fucking gorgeous.
    This too, graphics aren't everything!

Edit: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    snip
    Your ridiculous bias and hilariously revisionist history is worth a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    And as a Note, the Pro controler for the WiiU is better than the Six Axis and the Xbox controler, Suck it.
    I wasn't sure about the pro controller at first, but having used it I will definitely vouch for this. I don't get the PS controllers, they've always been awful since PS1 and they make no attempt to improve it... Xbox controller is alright, but they should go back to the original one to give us all one more reason to laugh at them.

Deleted
    But here in the real world - developers love stats because it allows them to creatively make more with them. Why do you think so many INDY developers are heading to PS4 and not the Wii-U?
    I'll tackle this one the most because it's the point you made that actually stands.

It's because they're already on steam, and Nintendo have a quality assurance screening like fort Knocks to get games on E-shop. Money Talks.

As for the rest of your post, let me push this down on you.

The highest spec'd console of every generation pretty much loses. The Dreamcast was better than the PSone and N64. The Xbox was better than the PS2 and the GC, the Xbox was technically better than the PS3 thanks to the stupid core technology and the Wii.

How did those generations come out?

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:56 PM ----------

THANK you for having that readily available - I was resisting the want to hunt that piece down to show people. :P
    Do you know why it won't sell at much of a loss? It's parts are out of date PC parts. LITERALLY.

It's CPU is also fucking terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good guy nintendo

Does not have DLC content, content is actually included.
    Has great games
    Is cheaper
    lets you share games
    lets you play offline
    Mario

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    X looks to be one of the best looking Next gen games to date, nothing shown at E3 could even compare. And thats on the "Bad" WiiU.

THANK you for having that readily available - I was resisting the want to hunt that piece down to show people. :P
    Your Welcome..

Don't get me wrong I personally don't want to see a nintendo game on another platform because I feel whoever is running the show would gut it and place so much DLC shit it would annoy me.

So personally I think Nintendo should just make a AWESOME handheld system "not saying the 3DS isn't" and just take over the handheld market and leave the console wars up to Sony/M$ even tho I would love for thing to go back to the Sony Vs Nintendo.

They could make a handheld system that is more powerful then the Psvita or even as powerful as the Wii-U and make all the games there and I personally would buy said handheld to play those games.

I do plan to get a Wii-U but what has kep me from it is the price of the console and the lack of games I want to play.

If Nintendo ever had to make a Major chance I rather them go 100% handheld before anything else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Good guy nintendo

Does not have DLC content, content is actually included.
    Has great games
    Is cheaper
    lets you share games
    lets you play offline
    Mario
    I must note that Fire Emblem has DLC and Animal Crossing has DLC. However, the DLC process has to go through Nintendo assurance, and they demand it's not allowed to be both removed from the original content AND needs to be developed outside of rigid designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it bullshit.

And this was posted right after the Ps4 Reveal so I really don't know how you are calling bullshit on it.

"'Unlike PS3, we are not planning a major loss to be incurred with the launch of PS4,' said Sony CFO Masaru Kato during an earnings call that ended moments ago."

That says nothing about it making a profit either, more info needed. My guess would be it's still selling at a loss, but not as much of a loss as the PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    X looks to be one of the best looking Next gen games to date, nothing shown at E3 could even compare. And thats on the "Bad" WiiU.
    LOL i know right? Say what you will about monolith but they fucking know how to work a system..Wonder if Xenosaga has something to do with that..Seriously i bet thy know thier way around a CG editor better them Pixar and dreamcast combined...Seriously SOOOOOOOOOO many cutscenes....Ahem still one of my fav ranchises but until MGS4 it held the record...

Actualllly anyone else remember all the jokes when SE upped cutscenes about how they felt they had to somehow beat Xenosaga because their cutscene crown had been stolen?

Yes.. they don't know hardware that is why every new hardware feature they have done has been copied by the other two, Riiiiiight, derp
    Hardware is more then graphics.
    Game play Trumps graphics 100% of the time. Look at some of the most popular PC games, like minecraft. Game play can save bad story and "bad" graphics.
    We are at the age that Graphics are not going in leaps and bounds anymore more like baby steps.

As for the OP every time i see an Xbox game or a PS game I think "Crap I'll need to get that system- oh wait I will just wait for the PC port of said game!" and 9/10 times there is one!

As for the rest of your post, let me push this down on you.

The highest spec'd console of every generation pretty much loses. The Dreamcast was better than the PSone and N64. The Xbox was better than the PS2 and the GC, the Xbox was technically better than the PS3 thanks to the stupid core technology and the Wii.

How did those generations come out?
    With this post... I think I'm done writing because clearly nobody reads anything I wrote or remembers history.

For the last time... the PS2 came out TWO YEARS before the GC/Xbox... its primary competition was the N64 and, maybe, the Dreamcast. Not to mention the PS2 also had a built in DVD player (DVDs were JUST becoming popular then) and was fully backwards compatible with PS1 that had a long LONG library of games owned by people.

By the time the GC and Xbox came out, PS2 was well established. VERY well established... and their technological specs did not make it superior ENOUGH to warrant it as a generation above the PS2.

And, since it was well established, all the devs made the games - first and FOREMOST - for the PS2. They could afford to as they had the majority hold of all the market.

That's the real difference here. The Wii-U is VERY VISIBLY a generation behind the PS4/Bone. They have backwards compatibility, but the Wii library was paltry small. They also do NOT have an established market hold... and by the time Smash/Zelda/whatever comes out, the PS4 has a VERY HIGH chance of taking full control of the market once again like it did back in the PS2 days.

That's the thing people aren't seeing... that Sony (so long as they don't seriously derp it up) is sitting right now in a position to re-create the PS1 and PS2 era all over again with the PS4. Nintendo's Wii-U is barely competition (both hardware wise and 3rd party wise)... and the Xbox One is self-explanatory. This is just like the N64 and Dreamcast situation upon the release of the PS2.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-12 at 05:15 PM.

I must note that Fire Emblem has DLC and Animal Crossing has DLC. However, the DLC process has to go through Nintendo assurance, and they demand it's not allowed to be both removed from the original content AND needs to be developed outside of rigid designs.
    The fire emblem DLC is just extra characters not essential to the game at all, its not like if you want extra story you have to do it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

"'Unlike PS3, we are not planning a major loss to be incurred with the launch of PS4,' said Sony CFO Masaru Kato during an earnings call that ended moments ago."

That says nothing about it making a profit either, more info needed. My guess would be it's still selling at a loss, but not as much of a loss as the PS3.
    Right they are not planing a major loss like the ps3 so that means the loss will be small if any.

We will find out more later on but my point was that The Fiend was calling bullshit on it when it can happen with the Ps4.

The Ps4 is using already made tech unlike the Ps3 where they had to build it themselves from the ground up so they are saving a LOT of money.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Your Welcome..

Don't get me wrong I personally don't want to see a nintendo game on another platform because I feel whoever is running the show would gut it and place so much DLC shit it would annoy me.
    ...I don't believe those are decisions based on the system publisher. ((Well, can't speak for MS... honestly nothing surprises me anymore from them at this point. >_<))

To that end, I don't believe Nintendo would be forced to do ANY DLC if they were to, say, make a Zelda game for the PS4.

Right they are not planing a major loss like the ps3 so that means the loss will be small if any.

We will find out more later on but my point was that The Fiend was calling bullshit on it when it can happen with the Ps4.

The Ps4 is using already made tech unlike the Ps3 where they had to build it themselves from the ground up so they are saving a LOT of money.
    He was more referring to my incorrect assertion that they were going to make a profit on the system this year. That was my bad... my memory was faulty on that one which you inadvertently corrected me upon. :P

...I don't believe those are decisions based on the system publisher. ((Well, can't speak for MS... honestly nothing surprises me anymore from them at this point. >_<))

To that end, I don't believe Nintendo would be forced to do ANY DLC if they were to, say, make a Zelda game for the PS4.
    Only thing I know is lets say the new Metro: Last Light was forced to make that DLC for the extra game mode by Store's like Gamestop. So I really don't know who makes that call all I do know is Nintendo has avoided it for quite so time and that makes me happy.

I got no problem with DLC as long as it is not gutting the core game and in a lot of case's it is.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:12 PM ----------

He was more referring to my incorrect assertion that they were going to make a profit on the system this year. That was my bad... my memory was faulty on that one which you inadvertently corrected me upon. :P
    It happens and like it I said the Ps3 had a huge loss because Sony had to hire people build warehouse's and build the tech from the ground up.

The Ps4 is working off already existing tech and therefor they saved a shit ton of money so the loss will be small if at all.

Deleted
    Troll Topic confirmed..Really Hardware ?? Totally shoot yourself in the Foot..Troll..no wonder why you want Nintenod games..BECAUSE OF GAMPLAY..Wahahahahaha..Totally pwnd yourself..no wonder why Nintendo Beats Eggbox and PS..

Deleted
    And I want Final Fantasy, Ryse and Naughty Dog games on my Wii U/PC. Guess what, it's not happening.