Page 1 of 56
... LastLast

Nintendo - Just go software please

Am I the only one who wishes Nintendo would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Xbox and Playstation? I'll give them some credit, they definitely found a way to stay alive with Wii when their hardware was far behind Sony and Microsoft. But the Wii U... just sucks. Ever since the Gamecube I haven't bought a Nintendo system - they just don't get a great assortment of games.

I want Zelda, Mario and DK on my Xbox One/PS4.

Sorry, just hate every time I read about a new Zelda game coming out and know I won't be playing it because I'd have to essentially pay $300 for the system and the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They arent going anywhere, if im not mistaken Wii was the most sold console past generation
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    They arent going anywhere, if im not mistaken Wii was the most sold console past generation
    Only because the primary gaming crowd was divided 50/50 between 360/PS3... and you damn well know that. This was the FIRST time since the dawn of the NES that there was no clear dominant console leader that got all the 3rd party support drawn towards.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:55 AM ----------

In regards to the OP - I've been saying that for about 10 years now...

I'd rather have them dump their home console resources and put them into making an awesome new generation of Zelda, Metroid and (gasp!) maybe a new IP or 3....

I'd rather love to see, once again, another GENERATION DEFINING Legend of Zelda game on a PS4/Xbone than yet another mediocre Zelda game on the Wii-U.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-12 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes Nintendo would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Xbox and Playstation? I'll give them some credit, they definitely found a way to stay alive with Wii when their hardware was far behind Sony and Microsoft. But the Wii U... just sucks. Ever since the Gamecube I haven't bought a Nintendo system - they just don't get a great assortment of games.
    I have about the same feeling with the Wii. When it was first announced back years ago and the controller style I said to myself that I probably wouldn't get one as I find that controller system not fun at all. I went with a XBox 360 at the time because I was able to get one for about $100 used, with nothing wrong with it. PS4 I haven't gotten because of price yet and no real point with PS4 coming soon.

It wasn't until lately I've been helping a friend of mine with some of their games that I got a feel for the Wii's Controller and man was it terrible. For example was playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on the PC with the XBox Controller then I went to the Wii and was having the worst time ever. Having to constantly move your reticle so you can fire, move to do this and that just awful.

Problem is some of the games for the Wii only I would enjoy if I got to play them, just that I can't bring myself to buy the console and actually use it. So I'm just left with the DS and play what I can from there.

Im personally tired of mario 5000 and zelda the pre prequel part 200. Keep them on those systems

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'd rather love to see, once again, another GENERATION DEFINING Legend of Zelda game on a PS4/Xbone than yet another mediocre Zelda game on the Wii-U.
    Yes. So much yes.

People looking like this: , because they want to play Nintendo games without having to buy a new console isn't exactly a new phenomenon. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

I like the Wii U a lot, and I don't really understand the hate aside from "bad hardware" (as if that defines a good gaming platform). It is however hurt by the severe lack of good exclusives. It's been out for like, what, 6-7 months and the best game so far is probably Lego City Undercover or Arkham City: Armored Edition.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2013-06-12 at 02:18 AM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Wii was really nice when companies stopped treating like a gimmick and started treating it like a console....
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never want to see a nintendo game on the unholy xbox, nintendo is fucking nice with the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by danlathegreat View Post
    Wii was really nice when companies stopped treating like a gimmick and started treating it like a console....
    ...you mean when they left Wii development and started working on PS3/Xbox 360 console games?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    People looking like this: , because they want to play Nintendo games without having to buy a new console isn't exactly a new phenomenon. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Imo, it's because Sqauresoft and Enix moved to PS after SNES (though DQ 9 was made for Nintendo DS, 2 previous, non handhold console parts were released on PS1/2), as well as better part of Tales and Star Ocean were on PS1-3 rather than on Nintendo DS or Wii. Same for other titles.

So buying new console just for 1-2 games isn't really great.

You know what? Fuck exclusives period. Every game should be on ever console.

Seriously, I despise the notion of games being locked to one console or another arbitrarily. Unless there's some legitimate hardware reason, put it out on everything.

It sucks that you're upset OP, but that's how a fan of any exclusive franchise feels about said exclusive franchise. Exclusives suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    So, here I was thinking that all the hate was finally going to shift towards something more meaningful, like Microsoft single-handedly ruining the classical concept of console gaming (that Nintendo helped create.)

But NOPE. We seem still have this blind, ignorant hatred.
    ...how, in any way/shape/form can you call this "hate"?

Frustration... possibly... but not "Hate". Hate is what you got when MS did their insane stuff. Nobody is saying "EFF YOU NINTENDO FOR RELEASING GAMES ON A SYSTEM NOBODY WANTS"...

If anything they're trying to HELP NINTENDO by encouraging them to be what makes they were originally remembered for... damn good classic IP games. Sure - they made kick-ass systems... back in the 8-bit/16-bit days. Nowadays though, they honestly don't. They're nice... but one can make the ultimate atari 2600 system but it's still stuck by the specs.

Nobody is asking Capcom, Konami, Naughty Dog, Valve, Bethesda, Insomniac, Blizzard or any other high-profile gaming company to make a console system. Why? Because they're just damn good at making games...

Honestly, Nintendo is far better at making games than consoles these days. I'd rather have them drop the console crap off and put more focus into their games. Hell man... they can even keep developing the 3DS like handhelds for now and HELL, even tie the damn 3DS into Xbone/PS4 gameplay compatibility the same way the Vita does with the PS4 if they want. I mean, how cool would that be?

I don´t see anything wrong with Nintendo´s hardware O__o...Doesn´t have graphics comparable to PS4 or Xbox One, well I´ve never cared for graphics and they don´t make a game... Wii Controller has been one of the most confortable controllers I´ve ever used. And I like the wii U Gamepad since it makes it more confortable for inventory/minimap stuff like that in games.

Asides from that, what is wrong with their hardware? It´s backward compatible and can play used games without a fee, also doesn´t require a fee to go on internet. Seems good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    So, here I was thinking that all the hate was finally going to shift towards something more meaningful, like Microsoft single-handedly ruining the classical concept of console gaming (that Nintendo helped create.)

But NOPE. We seem still have this blind, ignorant hatred.
    If you think I hate Nintendo I doubt you read my whole post. The opposite really. I don't like their new systems though.

Sony and Microsoft plz stop making hard ware, you suck at it, really bad.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

No. i mean like 2 years later when all the decent games came out for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Imo, it's because Sqauresoft and Enix moved to PS after SNES (though DQ 9 was made for Nintendo DS, 2 previous, non handhold console parts were released on PS1/2), as well as better part of Tales and Star Ocean were on PS1-3 rather than on Nintendo DS or Wii. Same for other titles.

So buying new console just for 1-2 games isn't really great.
    That's where I'm standing...

The only game I care about for any Nintendo console at this point is probably Zelda, and the most recent ones have been VERY mediocre at best. They haven't made an honestly good Metroid game since Super Metroid IMO (Sorry, I hate that Prime crap...) and Mario has been kinda "meh" to me sans the recent throw back to the old-school side scrolling Wii one, which was great. Smash is great, but really only with friends - and my friend with the party pad tends to have that game.

So, for me and probalby a LOT of other people, it's not worth buying a $300 console for just 2 games. Used to be that way... but standards change. As much as my heart loves Zelda... Games designed like the current Zeldas today can't hold a candle (no pun intended) towards a massive open-world games like Skyrim. I look at Skyrim and just DREAM of the possibilities they could do with a Zelda game in that format (miles and miles of interesting beautiful open-world adventure, secrets and dungeons and towns galore, ect...).

But we can't have that... because Nintendo is more fixated on spitting out as many 1st party IP games for their dying home console systems in an attempt to keep them on life-support due to barely no 3rd party interest instead of actually making better potential profit via taking their time and creating GENERATION DEFINING versions of their IPs for other systems.

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    I don´t see anything wrong with Nintendo´s hardware O__o...Doesn´t have graphics comparable to PS4 or Xbox One, well I´ve never cared for graphics and they don´t make a game... Wii Controller has been one of the most confortable controllers I´ve ever used. And I like the wii U Gamepad since it makes it more confortable for inventory/minimap stuff like that in games.

Asides from that, what is wrong with their hardware? It´s backward compatible and can play used games without a fee, also doesn´t require a fee to go on internet. Seems good to me.
    Agreed. Nintendo games are about GAMEPLAY not graphics. Better hardware would not make a better game. Idk how people could think putting it on xbone or ps4 would make it better. Nintendo has never been for graphics and doesn't need to be. Gameplay makes a GAME not graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys do know that they currently make more money with their current model than they would by removing the hardware aspect right? plus if they decided to do such a thing, their games would most likely get worse due to sony/microsoft butting their heads in with THEIR hardware requirements. nintendo just cuts out the middleman with their current system and makes their shit however they damn well please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein