Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Hah. You must be new.

... You just quoted a post from a week ago. Which one of us is new here?

Just one example is Chaos Wave, it was nerfed to the point of being almost unusable in PvE, because of PvP.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-07-30 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    ... You just quoted a post from a week ago. Which one of us is new here?

Just one example is Chaos Wave, it was nerfed to the point of being almost unusable in PvE, because of PvP.
    Another example is Chaos Bolt.

/depressed

Deleted
    And Shadowburn heal with the glyph.

So for a clueless warlock, is locks nerfed PvEwise if current PTR notes goes live? Or just a change of play style?

Will aff be better than the other specs as it scales with gear well?

Deleted
    The number pass has not even begun.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-30 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change to RPPM mechanics:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We think the cooldown lineup at the start of PvE encounters has gotten out of hand, and it’s having some rather negative effects on gameplay. Particularly with the number of RPPM procs most raiders have these days, the pull has just become way too important. It’s affecting gearing, it’s punishing classes that can’t capitalize on it as well as others, and it’s not how we’d like raiding to work.

To that end, we’re going to make another change to how RPPM mechanics work on the pull. Starting a raid encounter will set every RPPM proc’s “time since last proc” to 90 seconds. That means the more frequent procs will still be more or less guaranteed to go off, but the rarer (and more powerful) procs will just have a high chance. This should hopefully chill things out a little bit, without changing how you play too dramatically.
    source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573547577

Deleted
    Now thats a change i can get behind, i genuinely think that will have a good impact on gameplay.

This also nerfs the meta gem aswell i think (needs to be comfirmed)
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-30 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Change to RPPM mechanics:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We think the cooldown lineup at the start of PvE encounters has gotten out of hand, and it’s having some rather negative effects on gameplay. Particularly with the number of RPPM procs most raiders have these days, the pull has just become way too important. It’s affecting gearing, it’s punishing classes that can’t capitalize on it as well as others, and it’s not how we’d like raiding to work.

To that end, we’re going to make another change to how RPPM mechanics work on the pull. Starting a raid encounter will set every RPPM proc’s “time since last proc” to 90 seconds. That means the more frequent procs will still be more or less guaranteed to go off, but the rarer (and more powerful) procs will just have a high chance. This should hopefully chill things out a little bit, without changing how you play too dramatically.
    source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9573547577
    This is essentially the nail in the coffin for UVLS pull proc stacking. It remains to be seen whether or not UVLS will STILL be BiS. Crit dooms are just too strong.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Geezus they've taken so many backdoor steps to nerf UVLS (imp swarm, on-pull rppm proc protection timer, probably others I'm forgetting about), why the hell not just directly nerf the one trinket they're obviously targeting ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Geezus they've taken so many backdoor steps to nerf UVLS (imp swarm, on-pull rppm proc protection timer, probably others I'm forgetting about), why the hell not just directly nerf the one trinket they're obviously targeting ?
    Because this nerf hits a bigger problem than UVLS, that trinket is a pain in the ass for demo because it lets you play in a way which you shouldnt be doing (think scorch weaving arcane) but next tier even if they were to remove the trinket you could just run high crit demo honestly.

Think how hard that hits Fire mages on the pull now.

Deleted
    I don't think UVLS is the only target here, the pulls have really become out of hand for a lot of specs, reaching 1M+ dps in T16 is insane.

There is one good effect though, making embers on Tortos' pillars and having Wushoo proc won't make me rage anymore. That's nice :P
    That is, if I ever go back to ToT.
    Which is unlikely.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-30 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Nerfing Imp Swarm has nothing to do with nerfing UVLS.

This has been said numerous times since Imp Swarm was introduced, but I'll say it one more time. Imp Swarm, Demonic Calling, Imp Swarm's haste scaling, the Gylph, Imp Swarm's CD or anything involving Imp Swarm in any way has nothing to do with the way Imps are generated with UVLS. Doom crit ticks will always generate an Imp, regardless of the number of Imps you have active, or the number of Imps Imp Swarm generates, regardless of the Glyph or anything like that.

People need to get it through their heads. Sorry for the rant, but people have been messing that up for almost a year now.

The Imp Swarm nerf was done to nerf out initial burst and fury generation, and as an attempt to make non-glyphed more attractive since no one uses it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Think how hard that hits Fire mages on the pull now.

I believe this and UVLS were the main reasons for this nerf.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-07-30 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    This is essentially the nail in the coffin for UVLS pull proc stacking. It remains to be seen whether or not UVLS will STILL be BiS. Crit dooms are just too strong.
    How does this change "nail in the coffin" for pull proc stacking?

Deleted
    This has been said numerous times since Imp Swarm was introduced, but I'll say it one more time. Imp Swarm, Demonic Calling, Imp Swarm's haste scaling, the Gylph, Imp Swarm's CD or anything involving Imp Swarm in any way has nothing to do with the way Imps are generated with UVLS. Doom crit ticks will always generate an Imp, regardless of the number of Imps you have active, or the number of Imps Imp Swarm generates, regardless of the Glyph or anything like that.
    People need to get it through their heads. Sorry for the rant, but people have been messing that distinction up for almost a year now.
    This is nerfing the whole Demo-GoSac-Imp Master gameplay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    How does this change "nail in the coffin" for pull proc stacking?

It really doesn't, in my opinion. If anything, it will be easier to get Imp Swarm, both HoG casts and Corruption cast before the proc, which is favorable over it procing on the first HoG or the pre-cast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    This is nerfing the whole Demo-GoSac-Imp Master gameplay though.
    Its a nerf to Serv, Sac and Supremacy, the nerf is just 30% bigger for Sac. That doesn't outweigh the benefit of using Sac on any fight where 3-4 Crit Dooms is possible.

If they have a problem with us using Sac (I'd bet they do), they should just make Sac only benefit Imps by 20% or less, and continue to benefit the rest of our spells by 30%. That would bring Sac Demo back in line, or below the standard if that's what Blizzard wants for it.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-07-30 at 10:10 PM.

Well I hope all of you like Archimonde's Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Yes, what you mentioned is all well and good, but I wasn't talking about how UVLS generates imps. I was talking about how imps generate fury, and my ability to: stay in Meta my entire DS, not delay my initial DS for longer than necessary, and always be able to cast Doom when UVLS procs.

I can't say for anyone's experience but my own, but I figured most Demo locks are in a similar boat: without Imp Swarm I don't have enough Fury to maintain Meta form for the duration of my opening Dark Soul, unless I delay entering it by several seconds, which is usually not feasible when UVLS procs within the first few GCDs (and if I'm delaying, it means I'm not opening with HoG, and if UVLS procs early still, I probably don't have time to properly double stack both Shadowflames, also killing my Fury generation).

That being said, I don't know how bad losing one of those imps will affect my Fury, but I can tell you that as things are currently on live I'm riding a very, very fine line between "enough fury for that opening DS" and "not enough fury for that opening DS".

The RPPM on-pull protection change along with the imp swarm nerf means either I'll bleed out all my fury trying (and likely failing) to stay in Meta during my opening DS without getting UVLS to proc anyway, and possibly be fury-starved when it does proc and unable to cast Doom -- or I'll delay part of my opening burst, which means sitting on two HoG charges and putting DS / pre-pot even further out of sync.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    That RPPM change is kinda stupid. It fixes the issue with having to wait few mins before the pull etc, but I think 90 seconds is pretty stupid time to put on the last proc. Now trinket like UVLS is sometimes proccing on the pull and sometimes not. It's not balancing classes that benefit from proc stacking more than the others when 50% of time you get all your procs and 50% of time you don't(numbers out of my ass, probably still pretty high proc chance at pull). Your max dps won't change while you will have shitty dps if you don't get the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    That RPPM change is kinda stupid. It fixes the issue with having to wait few mins before the pull etc, but I think 90 seconds is pretty stupid time to put on the last proc. Now trinket like UVLS is sometimes proccing on the pull and sometimes not. It's not balancing classes that benefit from proc stacking more than the others when 50% of time you get all your procs and 50% of time you don't(numbers out of my ass, probably still pretty high proc change at pull). Your max dps won't change while you will have shitty dps if you don't get the proc.
    That's along the lines of what I am thinking right now. On average our trinkets (Hydra, Woosh, HTF UVLS) are going to proc around 50 seconds into the fight, so there will be outstanding parses that proc on the pull with other DPS cooldowns and lots of mediocre parses that lose to the RNG gods.