Deleted
    I see... so dots, move onto the next target, dots rinse and repeat huh Lol
    Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    iirc Glyph of Everlasting Affliction was already changed into something else (they could modify/create another Glyph though).
    They "changed" Glyph of EA to the Unending Resolve glyph.

Or at least that's what the notes say.

Deleted
    Im a pretty hardcore Destruction fan and im not gna lie im starting to get nervous with how late they are leaving the buff that was promised to the spec.

http://imgur.com/C0UzMlc

The above was a quick dummy test with what i would classify as reasonable RNG.

The first thing to note that for the purposes of the test i was crit reforged because i have said for a long while now that we are definetly going to stack crit and mastery (the order depending on either sup or sac).

The second is that i was specced into AD and had used all 3 charges as the test ended so my dps would drop quite substantially after that point.

The last thing to take note of is that i dont have the legendary cloak on the ptr and all the numbers are self buffed with flask food and dark intent.

Even with 35% crit i still manage to see no 2 part procs over 40 million damage, the worrying thing for me is that the damage isint actually 'that bad' when you can line stuff up, but holy crap when you cant line up trinket procs the damage literally just plummets . . .

I can see heroic TF wush being better than Kadris aswell for destruction, but i personally prefer Kadris because the proc is easier to use well.

I really wish they would throw us a bone because the spec has been poor all through the PTR, if they would even confirm whether or not they want to keep the ember regen the same as it is now or want to buff the damage back into ember consumers for a slower paced spec that would be something.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-08-20 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Im a pretty hardcore Destruction fan and im not gna lie im starting to get nervous with how late they are leaving the buff that was promised to the spec.

http://imgur.com/C0UzMlc

The above was a quick dummy test with what i would classify as reasonable RNG.

The first thing to note that for the purposes of the test i was crit reforged because i have said for a long while now that we are definetly going to stack crit and mastery (the order depending on either sup or sac).

The second is that i was specced into AD and had used all 3 charges as the test ended so my dps would drop quite substantially after that point.

The last thing to take note of is that i dont have the legendary cloak on the ptr and all the numbers are self buffed with flask food and dark intent.

Even with 35% crit i still manage to see no 2 part procs over 40 million damage, the worrying thing for me is that the damage isint actually 'that bad' when you can line stuff up, but holy crap when you cant line up trinket procs the damage literally just plummets . . .

I can see heroic TF wush being better than Kadris aswell for destruction, but i personally prefer Kadris because the proc is easier to use well.

I really wish they would throw us a bone because the spec has been poor all through the PTR, if they would even confirm whether or not they want to keep the ember regen the same as it is now or want to buff the damage back into ember consumers for a slower paced spec that would be something.
    It's no secret that our two piece sucks out loud for Destro. It's something that should have been changed a LONG time ago. Perhaps a crit heavy build will help smooth SOME of that out, but not a lot. It's a shame our 4 set is so good, so that we're forced to have this abomination.

Actually it's not *that* bad aoe-wise, which is probably the reason why it hasn't been buffed for single target.

You need to pool your conflagrate charges for when the 4 pc proccs if you ever want to see the 2 pc. Plus 15percent crit helps a lot. Its pretty annoying gameplay though as you need to squeeze in a immolate and sometimes a chaosbolt too.

Deleted
    the worrying thing for me is that the damage isint actually 'that bad' when you can line stuff up, but holy crap when you cant line up trinket procs the damage literally just plummets . . .
    In that case would it not be a good idea to take the crit proc trinket from timesless isle in combination with Bindings as both have the same ICD and as such should proc always at the same time? As crit increses the CB Dmg and we are able to use Dark Soul for these procs with AD every time that should help a little in this regard, right?

Deleted
    That crit proc trinket is from the timeless isle and is quite low on item budget because of that, we can also use dark soul with every bindings proc anyway unless it procs in the first couple of seconds its available (115 second internal vs 120 second internal), this makes AD more of a bonus now which is good but for me there is 3 obvious places to buff the spec.

1 - Meta gem, it is literally shit for destruction

2 - Incin / Conflag (damage and ember regen from conflag)

3 - Ember consumers (they have it so nerfed in pvp this wouldnt actually matter)

OR

Strip ember regen from rain of fire completely and lower the cost of fire and brimstone by 50% and make rain of fire purely for damage, this could be done like someone said before by having the targets explode around it when it hits them making it not worth it on single target and strong on aoe, would also give mannoroth's fury some point aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-08-20 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    personally, i would much rather have them bake the ember gen into backdraft so that when its up, incinerate will double its ember gen, this will also help destro generate a lot of embers on pull, since the main problem with destro burst is the lack of ember when encounters start and then have a glyph of backdraft that will allow you to change the haste(w/e) into an equivalent amount of crit that could be usable by all spells, it will make the setbonuses smoothe out since it will increase the crit chance of your other conflag(altho this will mainly help for pull bursts since we'll usually double conflag), it will buff chaos bolt a bit and you wont be able to overly exploit it nor is it overpowered and as an added bonus it will help with the lack of haste scaling too and buff destro execution phase as well since you would be able to build up 4 embers, pop conflag for 30% crit and then allow you to get off 4 shadow burns with 30% crit. Not saying this will solve everything but i think it is atleast a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Deleted
    in regard to what almara said, we could pray lol . . . but ye i dont disagree with a single thing in that statement.

I really dislike that backdraft and conflag dont feel powerful (in regard to previous expansions), conflag really should hit harder / generate more embers and backdraft is just a pain in the ass for haste scaling (imo it feels wrong to have spells under the GCD)
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-08-20 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    I really dislike that backdraft and conflag dont feel powerful (in regard to previous expansions), conflag really should hit harder / generate more embers and backdraft is just a pain in the ass for haste scaling (imo it feels wrong to have spells under the GCD)
    i agree, conflag feels quite weak, i loved it back when it did dmg based on immolate, felt powerful as hell and backdraft feels more like a crutch than anything.

It was nice to give us a reason to love haste as well.

Although it's nice to cast Conflagrate without having to throw up the Immolate first. I would hate to have to waste my first ember on throwing up FnB Immolate on a pack of adds before exploding them into a green cloud of death.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-08-20 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Lore has updated us on RPPM changes: As an update to this, as part of our continued balancing, we're going to increase the "time since last proc" reset on boss pulls to 120 seconds.

So perhaps this opens up the window for UVLS to be somewhat not entirely gone? thoughts? granted 2 mins isnt a guarantee.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what are the considerations on UVLS in 5.4? Let's use a normal fully upgraded UVLS for example. Does anyone know if the proc rates on this would be insanely low, or manageable?

Deleted
    If the RPPM is still like 0,56 (off the top of my head), it makes almost no difference.

Nice change though for the new trinkets and other old ones, it makes a bigger difference by far for 0,92+ RPPM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    If the RPPM is still like 0,56 (off the top of my head), it makes almost no difference.

Nice change though for the new trinkets and other old ones, it makes a bigger difference by far for 0,92+ RPPM.
    So you're saying that UVLS won't be shit in 5.4? It can be usable?

Deleted
    Looks like they "fixed" Spoils of Pandaria, I was now able to gain Embers on almost all the mobs (just the Pandarens left, since they don't die). Will of the Emperor v2

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Looks like they "fixed" Spoils of Pandaria, I was now able to gain Embers on almost all the mobs (just the Pandarens left, since they don't die). Will of the Emperor v2

Should be a funner fight now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    So you're saying that UVLS won't be shit in 5.4? It can be usable?
    No, I am saying it is nearly just as shit as with 90s pull protection. The RPPM is just too low to be usable really. Even with a 2/2 HC TF version that has 0,71 RPPM, 120s means you are getting no increased chance to proc on the pull at all. It takes ~127s for the proc chance to start going up, giving you only ~12% chance to get a proc in the first 10s of a pull.

Another set of patch notes and only a small change to the duration of SS. Time is ticking, starting to think more and more that destro is going to move by unresolved. Poor destro warlocks!