Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Call customer support and make up with them.

Also I will say it again: what do you mean off-spec, Affliction all the way!
    This is what I hope will happen! But I will prob to offspec for Spoils and such

Quote Originally Posted by savethetuna View Post
    Anyone have a 5.4 BiS list up yet or a rough estimate?
    This one seems to be fairly accurate.
    Credits go to Cebel:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eXVVRVE#gid=0
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Clevix View Post
    This one seems to be fairly accurate.
    Credits go to Cebel:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eXVVRVE#gid=0
    This one also gives you a couple extra options for gearing as well:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lemlCMEE#gid=0

It will be worth using 4 set until Warforged.

2 BiS Lists and no Signet of the Dinomancer? Its the best ring we can get, who cares about the 60 spirit socket bonus, it got hastre/mastery +320 mastery in the socket.

And Untainted Guardian's Chain is > Ashflare Pendant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    This one also gives you a couple extra options for gearing as well:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lemlCMEE#gid=0
    wouldnt using signet of the dinomancers, akolik's soaked robes and rime-rift shoulders in that setup be more optimal since the crit on those items(except for the signet) can be reforged into haste or hit where as the hit shoulders can only be changed into haste? ofc i do realize that they will have the hit you need for capping but you'll also be either over or behind a haste break point, so being able to have more reforging options might be more beneficial for you atleast i would prefer the crit/mastery chest over the other versions but that might just be me.

and as apero said, using the hit/mastery neck instead of hit/haste one.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-09-10 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    2 BiS Lists and no Signet of the Dinomancer? Its the best ring we can get, who cares about the 60 spirit socket bonus, it got hastre/mastery +320 mastery in the socket.

And Untainted Guardian's Chain is > Ashflare Pendant
    - 3 out of 4 of the lists I posted are using Signet of the Dinomancer.
    - You are probably correct about the hit/mastery neck vs hit/haste, totally forgot about that neck when I was checking stats

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    wouldnt using signet of the dinomancers, akolik's soaked robes and rime-rift shoulders in that setup be more optimal since the crit on those items(except for the signet) can be reforged into haste or hit where as the hit shoulders can only be changed into haste? ofc i do realize that they will have the hit you need for capping but you'll also be either over or behind a haste break point, so being able to have more reforging options might be more beneficial for you.

and as apero said, using the hit/mastery neck instead of hit/haste one.
    Since it's downtime I'll look over doing those items too, hadn't occurred to me to use rime-rift shoulders in a setup for some reason. Maybe I did and didn't post it. Bah. I'll see in a few minutes.

Deleted
    ofc in the setup i mentioned, if my math is correct, you'd be sitting at around 4k hit with plenty of items to reforge both into hit or haste.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    ofc in the setup i mentioned, if my math is correct, you'd be sitting at around 4k hit with plenty of items to reforge both into hit or haste.
    Pretty sure this is the closest I can get to the breakpoint with that setup:

Results in a bit less mastery because of it. Though my reforge plotting could be off some.

edit: nvm i fail at math - 1 min

2nd edit: max fixed -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing

still over haste by a bit like the first setup i linked with slightly less mastery. realistically i suppose you could use exp/mastery gems to make up some of the hit to give you extra haste to play with which could potentially have you gain some extra mastery but I currently don't have the time to play with that too much. maybe later~
    Last edited by Woz; 2013-09-10 at 01:07 PM.

Its over D:
    Patch today
    But what the blazes did they nerf hellfire and immolation aura BY 20%!?
    Looks the majority will play affli then
    Though everyone doesnt enjoy affli and thats a problem [Inb4 NERF NERF TO AFFLI]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Im a internet troll View Post
    Its over D:
    Patch today
    But what the blazes did they nerf hellfire and immolation aura BY 20%!?
    Looks the majority will play affli then
    Though everyone doesnt enjoy affli and thats a problem [Inb4 NERF NERF TO AFFLI]
    well that goes the other way too, we all like different specs for different reason, what you like to play might not be what i like to play etc. for example demo was extremely strong and was very close to mandatory on most hc fights, but not every1 like having to play it, just like every doesnt like playing destro, but we all want the spec we prefer to play to be the most power, demo had its day in the sun(altho the encounter mechanics and such things like uvls helped a long way) another spec should be allowed to now, altho it would prolly have been better if it was destro as it hasnt really gotten its day in the sun yet but im quite happy with it being afflic as it is my prefered spec lol.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-09-10 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Last minute Demo Surprise Nerf : No surprise there. There had to be a surprising Warlock nerf totally out of the blue in order to make the patch viable.

So is Destro becoming our official off-spec now?

Deleted
    I'm not sure 10% incin buff (roughly what, 1% total dmg?) outweighs the ember generation losses of 5.4, but i'll let the math heads do the numbers

Demo had a super strong synergy w' UVLS and had encounter mechanics that played to its strengths in ToT. SoO is a bit more varied and it appears aff will be the default spec this tier. Shame destro never got to shine but that seems more like a dev bias than anything else. Aff is sort of the most signature warlock spec historically speaking. Everyone has their own favorite specs so that is a harder thing to quantify but my largest issue with demo was that it was RNG on UVLS procs too much.

Oh, in terms of aff theorycrafting have we considered the extra shard generation from 13K haste breakpoints vs 9778 since we don't get nightfall procs from MG corr ticks anymore nor do we get shards from anything but the most recent single corruption application.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Demo had a super strong synergy w' UVLS and had encounter mechanics that played to its strengths in ToT. SoO is a bit more varied and it appears aff will be the default spec this tier. Shame destro never got to shine but that seems more like a dev bias than anything else. Aff is sort of the most signature warlock spec historically speaking. Everyone has their own favorite specs so that is a harder thing to quantify but my largest issue with demo was that it was RNG on UVLS procs too much.

Oh, in terms of aff theorycrafting have we considered the extra shard generation from 13K haste breakpoints vs 9778 since we don't get nightfall procs from MG corr ticks anymore nor do we get shards from anything but the most recent single corruption application.
    Yeah, there's two things I dislike about UVLS; firstly that it's a trinket, secondly the RNG of that trinket. Mechanically, it's actually quite interesting in terms of the synergy between the proc and Doom and it could with the right proc rate be a pretty cool spec mechanic if it were baseline and the proc rate determined by a system like Nightfall and the proc lasted a little longer than 4s (6-8s maybe?) Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    I'm not sure 10% incin buff (roughly what, 1% total dmg?) outweighs the ember generation losses of 5.4, but i'll let the math heads do the numbers
    I think the devs believe with the tier bonuses and change to RPPM trinkets (since for Destruction haste is bad in 5.4) that the small buffs it received will outweigh the rain of fire nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, there's two things I dislike about UVLS; firstly that it's a trinket, secondly the RNG of that trinket. Mechanically, it's actually quite interesting in terms of the synergy between the proc and Doom and it could with the right proc rate be a pretty cool spec mechanic if it were baseline and the proc rate determined by a system like Nightfall and the proc lasted a little longer than 4s (6-8s maybe?) Just a thought.
    Seeing how powerful the trinket can be with enough procs, I think this would be a little insane and make the spec mandatory :P

UVLS is not so much RNG on haste specs - my fiance plays a Shadow Priest and his UVLS would proc a LOT more than mine (both were normal versions). I guess that was the biggest bias I had against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Seeing how powerful the trinket can be with enough procs, I think this would be a little insane and make the spec mandatory :P
    Obviously as a baseline ability, the spec could be properly balanced around it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    UVLS is not so much RNG on haste specs - my fiance plays a Shadow Priest and his UVLS would proc a LOT more than mine (both were normal versions). I guess that was the biggest bias I had against it.
    Can't say I noticed much difference between playing at ~14k Haste and 8.1k Haste. Just that it -always- procs during downtime/invulnerability phases and the moment you hit <50 Fury :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Can't say I noticed much difference between playing at ~14k Haste and 8.1k Haste. Just that it -always- procs during downtime/invulnerability phases and the moment you hit <50 Fury :P
    Pretty sure he was sitting at 18-19k Haste. IDK, it's just something we both noticed one day while playing on dummies. Maybe he's just got more luck than I do, who knows.