Page 5 of 214 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    yep, granted looks more warlocky than this tiers, but still looks bad. Unless it has some special effect that I am not seeing like green wings, then its just too plain, and rivals that of t10,t11,t12, and t15, not worse than alliance t9, but worse than hordes t9.

Casting while moving feels pretty dumb.

Hope they phase it out of all classes.

All the classes I play are casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

and make hunters stand still to shoot! your range you cast!

=.=

Please no. Honestly, all casters should be able to run now baseline. Are we that ADD that we cannot multitask running and throwing up a bolt of shadows or flames, or simply using harsh language to kill, that we need to stand still?

No casting while moving was fine while there were things to do while moving. Things have changed. The spells we have changed. The encounters are different.

I can't see what any purple blooded lock has against it.

If it's removed do you really think that they will do an appropriate job of rebalancing in one patch cycle? I hate to be an alarmist but I think if the data mined ptr notes are an accurate weather vane, things will never again be as fun as we have it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Meh, I hope that looks a LOT better when it's on a model and live. Helm looks especially weird.

I'm gonna wait til we have more official word, re: KJC, but honestly I feel the whole "casters must be rooted" thing is an outdated concept.

I feel that all casters should have mobile casting baseline (perhaps with a snaring penalty like KJC has) with the exception of each class having one or two "big windup" spells that must be cast standing still (like the OLD Pyroblast and Soul Fire spells). Do that and you can get rid of some of the instants and on-proc instants that I think are too common as well.

Deleted
    the kjc nerf actually annoys me less than the mf nerf.

At least the pvp set icons look promising. Ghoulish looking thing in a wizard hat

Im going to take off my panties b4 they get in a bunch over some of these changes. Going to wait a few months before really putting those badboys back on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id rather have a 'reduces movement speed by 60%' with KJC than a 15 sec duration 1.5m cd.

That's why although they voiced their concerns about KJC most figured it would be something they changed after MoP. Right now it's basically taken by all pve and pvp locks. You think arena representation is bad now wait till you see what it would be without current KJC. having howl baseline plus an additional lv30 cc won't mend that fence. That's why I'm putting my hopes on that GC tweet that this might just be them mixing it up and that they realize this is too big of a change with the current metagame.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

It is what it is.

I mean, I can understand them trying to preserve a niche for melee in allowing them to excel at movement fights, but it also sucks as a ranged to feel punished by movement, and the encounter design is shifting away from Patchwerk to more movement fights (which, in the metagame, is not a bad thing). To that end I would rather them bring the rest of the ranged up to Lock/Hunter levels rather than the other way around.

Numbers can be tuned, but the fun nerf is really what concerns me. I hated being a turret before MoP. Makes you kind of loathe helter skelter encounters.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-06-12 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    My warlock feels very smooth to play now that we have KJC, but if it ends up being changed too drastically I'll probably switch to a class that feels a bit more mobile.
    Exactly. My Warlock simply won't be my first choice when picking which ranged DPS class to play.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

The only games out right now where you stand still to cast are relics. World of Warcraft and its play-alike imitators, ToRtanic, Rift and their ilk. Most games don't even follow the "wizard-as-turret" model anymore, and they haven't for two decades. If we have to, it feels like playing a dinosaur of a game. From a perspective of subscriber retention, forcing people back into a decades-old model because "fuck you, that's why" is a stupid decision. It's Blizzard jerking the knee at melee losing popularity, and they're jerking it so hard that they've kicked themselves in the foreheads.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

hmm, they just posted the tier set. Looks unfinished, but yeah... interesting, not sure if I like it personahttp://media.mmo-champion.com/images...k_t16_male.jpg

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    the kjc nerf actually annoys me less than the mf nerf.
    The MF nerf is fucking ridiculous. It's already a terrible alternative, except on one or two gimmick fights where you use add zergs to cast continuous Chaos Bolts. Turn this into a cooldown and its popularity will literally fall to zero.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

The lock t16 looks likes like reskinned Warrior T13. Helm/shoulders atleast

10+ Year Old Account
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...k_t16_male.jpg

helm looks like challenge mode pally's helm with horns and god aweful teeth, shoulders are the same model as warrior's t13 =.=

The colors meld together nicely i guess. the belt is nice i guess, but not warlocky enough, reminds me of t15 pally green orb set there.

I dont know. it reminds me alot of past "plate" sets, but with the "HEY you HAVE ROBES!!!" and makes it look aweful. The gloves are to small, or the crobes dont come down enough.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-06-12 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Only links to pictures that large please

I'd be fine with the changes if it meant we could only cast filler while moving, tbh, that seems to be the way to go with it, keeping the snare if needed. but with how aff's damage is so tethered to MG, i think this change will suck

If this is the case, we still have demo tho, with insta casts, and leap, and the need to life tap, for while moving

EDIT: the tier sets look like an odd mix of the pala challenge mode gear and the warrior DS gear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    snip
    This made me laugh my ass off, the colorization is horrible, it would look better if it was not so...sunny...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Just let this expansion be over with so we can move on.. lol
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.