Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    Really? We already are useless at keeping melee away even with KJC! Even with KJC we are mediocre at PvP and we aren't really dominating PvE atm.
    lololol looks like someone is really bad, consider rerolling a new toon instead of whining for a talent

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-06-26 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    US locks, please bitch for getting the current (5.3) MF back to the game comes 5.4, as much as you did for the KJC nerf to be reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    US locks, please bitch for getting the current (5.3) MF back to the game comes 5.4, as much as you did for the KJC nerf to be reverted.
    I'm upset that it's only RoF for Destro. That said, I do not mind them changing it into the direction they seem to be going with it. It just needs to be good for all the specs as an AoE cooldown.

AoE cooldown is a direction but its also button bloat which I'm still gunshy about since cata era. Also concerned MF is just going to become part of some even more convoluted single target APL. That is taking the RoF single target rotation and making it a single target cooldown basically which I'm not really happy with as a direction. Since they nerfed the emberbit gain on RoF you'd think there would be less (or no) harm in leaving MF as it is on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm upset that it's only RoF for Destro. That said, I do not mind them changing it into the direction they seem to be going with it. It just needs to be good for all the specs as an AoE cooldown.
    I expect it wont be flat values for all the AoE spells, I figure RoF will be buffed by significantly more than the other specs' spells to account for the smaller proportion of its overall contribution to Destruction's AoE. Just have to wait for a numbers pass.

Deleted
    I expect it wont be flat values for all the AoE spells, I figure RoF will be buffed by significantly more than the other specs' spells to account for the smaller proportion of its overall contribution to Destruction's AoE. Just have to wait for a numbers pass.
    Well they just nerfed its ember generation so that we don't use it in single target, not sure if they will now buff its damage

So, I know they said they were going to, but have they actually changed AV at all yet?

Seed of corruption with mannoroth fury is actually a dps increase for affliction mono target . It crits at 600k damage in 530 ilvl. Just tested right now on nazgrim and it's just awesom on aoe( burst aoe of 2500k dps ), and does the double of haunt damage .

285k was my highest crit today on nazgrim. 600k sounds a little bit exaggerated. Not sure about your singletarget theory, for 2 targets its a gain for sure.

But the combo mf + cds + 2 times sb:seed + crit trinket + rain of fire (it scales dynamically with crit, has low ramp up time and does decent damage for aoe burst) got you easy over 3 million dps on nazgrim pulls, pretty insane. (even higher if you would use infernal, but that is just padding :P) I see a nerf incoming.

Deleted
    Someone said that few posts ago that MF isn't even working on PTR so dunno about your tests. Without MF I bursted 3.6m DPS with demo on pull. Tho affliction is better for that fight and I totally love the T16 2pc bonus for affliction, so high uptime. I hope they don't nerf it.

With UVLS , BoTH procs , orc racial, jade potion, weapon and ingeneer proc and the warrior banner i got exactly 609k max crit with seed ( and if you spam seed after 2 time sb seed on nazgrim it's better than RoF )
    and yes the nerf is coming x)

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Someone said that few posts ago that MF isn't even working on PTR so dunno about your tests. Without MF I bursted 3.6m DPS with demo on pull. Tho affliction is better for that fight and I totally love the T16 2pc bonus for affliction, so high uptime. I hope they don't nerf it.
    It wasn't working last night when I was Demo but it was definitely working tonight as both Aff and Demo. Maybe it just wasn't overly noticeable on Dark Shaman since adds took a bit longer to actually kill. Will have to look into it a bit more.

Deleted
    Tried MF couple of times on Nazgrim and didn't see any difference in DPS so I assumed it didn't work and took AV instead(they haven't implemented the new KjC yet ). Anyway I don't see a reason why would they need to nerf it. How many times you have all procs up when AoE damage really matters?

You can try on a dummy, it works for sure in affliction( i have an average of 400k without raid buff). You don't need procs up for aoe damage, MF alone is an incredible burst ( 100% on seed is just awesome ) .

It's suposed to be a good (fair) tradeoff. Unless they modify AV for good, i'll stick to KJC >> MF >>>>>>>> AV.
    Not every fight MF will be a boost in dps, keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    So, I know they said they were going to, but have they actually changed AV at all yet?
    There hasn't been a PTR patch since they announced stuff was changing with it.

They even buffed the range, or its a bug, i dunno. Without MF 10 yards seed, with mf 51 (!!!!) yards. Guess it will be back to the 24 yard from live soon.

@ Kornoth, my 285k seem to be non crit, you were right, on the dummy even without potion or trinket procc i am able to get 300k crits. Coupled with the insane range is this thing going to be pretty op on basically every fight.

The proposed change to MF just does not work for Destro at all. The two effects it gives really have no synergy together, you gain from one.. or the other... very rarely both.

The fact they want to turn it into an AoE burst cooldown is great.. who does not want more burst AoE as an option? But in doing so and excluding F&B they inadvertently (IMO) broke the 500% range portion of the spell. Locks in general compared to others.. do not really NEED better AoE... and IMO much rather the unique ability to extend our strong AoE radius than get a small burst in normal AoE situations. (probably reason for changing the talent)

If your going to be doing your AoE rotation, mobs need to be within range for F&B, this diminishes the added range of RoF. You gain the benefit of 100% extra RoF for a short time on the clumped up group of mobs you are AoEing, and the rest of the added RoF range is doing nothing. In cases where this added range was beneficial for ember generation, between the duration and pending nerf to RoF ember generation... I just don't see it being enough of a boon to be a "reward for not taking KJC"

The change works for Affliction and Demo somewhat more because of where AoE dmg is loaded, but for RoF and Destro... it needs to be thought out more.

did you test it with destro? i think it increases the range of F&B by 500% , but just the damage of RoF by 100%. I didn't test it, but for affli it increase all the aoe range.
    If it's that, it's very good for destro to have f&b with 500% range and RoF with double damage , like demo chaos wave/HoG with 500% range and immo aura with 100% damage, like that it will be good for every spec.

Did they make kjc a cd again on the ptr with the newest change?
    Cyner#1996