Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    It wont outpace aff.... thats the point.
    Yeah.... I'm agreeing with you...

I mean this whole debate about Aff burst aoe being > the other 2 during MF shouldn't really shock anyone given MF on PTR only increases damage for 1 aoe spell for each spec. Affli is the only spec whose WHOLE aoe revolves around pretty much 1 spell, and THAT'S the spell being buffed by MF. Demo has aoe spells scattered throughout their aoe rotation, and RoF for Destro has never been the main source of aoe damage. So I'm not understanding why anyone would be shocked that super buffed MF SoC spam would begin to trump the other 2 specs' aoe given Hellfire/ImmoAura and RoF are not the singular source of aoe damage for their respective specs.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Yeah.... I'm agreeing with you...
    Yea im aware, i was making it even more evident for teye who seems to think that his zero experience actually playing the game, and not understanding that sac also effects my aoe spells, look more and more like a guy who needs to stop posting.

Also @ teye, if anyone is attempting to flex their "ego" its you. You have no actual game experience to speak of with these changes, yet youre arguing that demo burst is better than afflictions, and thats just straight up false. Please stop having delusions of grandeur and thinking youre right when the evidence is there that you are infact WRONG.

Please feel free to post FACTUAL information ( MUCH LIKE I HAVE ALREADY! ), and prove me wrong. Until then, stop posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    I mean this whole debate about Aff burst aoe being > the other 2 during MF shouldn't really shock anyone given MF on PTR only increases damage for 1 aoe spell for each spec. Affli is the only spec whose WHOLE aoe revolves around pretty much 1 spell, and THAT'S the spell being buffed by MF. Demo has aoe spells scattered throughout their aoe rotation, and RoF for Destro has never been the main source of aoe damage. So I'm not understanding why anyone would be shocked that super buffed MF SoC spam would begin to trump the other 2 specs' aoe given Hellfire/ImmoAura and RoF are not the singular source of aoe damage for their respective specs.
    BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER! Thank you for not being dumb. +10 smartkid points to you sir!

Yeah the main problem is MF is probably the worst for demo out of all 3 specs simply because if anything is living for 10 seconds that means you're going to be using HoG which will be better than chaos wave so that's 2 globals that's you're using while not casting hellfire/immo aura. (Granted, the MF bonus might make it worth it to use chaos wave simply for the higher uptime on aura) Aff and Destro don't suffer from this problem because you can maintain 100% uptime of their respective aoe spells while doing other things, specifically in destruction's case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Yeah the main problem is MF is probably the worst for demo out of all 3 specs simply because if anything is living for 10 seconds that means you're going to be using HoG which will be better than chaos wave so that's 2 globals that's you're using while not casting hellfire/immo aura. (Granted, the MF bonus might make it worth it to use chaos wave simply for the higher uptime on aura) Aff and Destro don't suffer from this problem because you can maintain 100% uptime of their respective aoe spells.
    Yep. Also if you look at my logs ( since the adds were living long enough ), i was using HoG and not chaos wave... which teye also appears to not have noticed in the log.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Also if you look at my logs ( since the adds were living long enough ), i was using HoG and not chaos wave... which teye also appears to not have noticed in the log.
    Yo, please cool it, thanks. There is no reason to constantly pick out one person with insulting posts. There are nice and constructive ways to say that someone is wrong without the snide remarks.

Thanks!

Deleted
    and then take the 84% haste, mastery and critdmg proc(which seems to have a 2min icd and prollynot a rppm trinket, seemed to reliably proc every 2 min or so) for some real fun, i managed to do a lowly 450k crit with seed with the proc in my gear(which seems to be heavily deflated for some reason, missing 8% mastery and 5% haste compared to my gear on live but meh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yo, please cool it, thanks. There is no reason to constantly pick out one person with insulting posts. There are nice and constructive ways to say that someone is wrong without the snide remarks.

Thanks!
    But its okay for him to do it. Got it.

If you're going to moderate, do it equally and fairly. Dont just ignore one side of it.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2013-07-08 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But its okay for him to do it. Got it.
    It's not okay for either of you to do it. The warning applies to everyone irregardless of who I chose to quote in my post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not okay for either of you to do it. The warning applies to everyone irregardless of who I chose to quote in my post
    " There is no reason to constantly pick out one person with insulting posts "

Perhaps you should make it more evident in your post if thats the case, rather than using a singular form of vocabulary to single one out.

I'm done with this. Its impossible to have a reasonable discussion with someone who's so immature that they feel the need to resort to name calling and epeen flexing to try to get their point across. Have fun arguing with the mods, I won't be apart of it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm done with this. Its impossible to have a reasonable discussion with someone who's so immature that they feel the need to resort to name calling and epeen flexing to try to get their point across. Have fun arguing with the mods, I won't be apart of it anymore.
    You were never a part of it, you were throwing out imaginary theoretical numbers with nothing to back up your claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, enough of this! There have been more than enough warnings now, don't expect more to come.
    If you can't have a mature discussion, don't have one.

When I said Burst AOE I was thinking in more of a Lei-Shen HC scenario where balls die in 3-4sec, I dont consider 10sec to be burst AOE, 10sec its ALOOOOOONG time.

Granted I haven't been on PTR or done any of the new fights so I dont know how they work, but on a 3-4sec fight Demo I belive might still come on Top. on a senario of 10sec and if the PTR numbers ppl trowing away for SOC crits are in the order of 400k in 520, SOC is ofc the new King because they can be pumped out constantly while demo already have HOG and felstorms on CD.

So far nothing like Ball of Lightning aoe exists in siege (based on what's been tested), most of it is something MF seed is going to be the best at by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    When I said Burst AOE I was thinking in more of a Lei-Shen HC scenario where balls die in 3-4sec, I dont consider 10sec to be burst AOE, 10sec its ALOOOOOONG time.

Granted I haven't been on PTR or done any of the new fights so I dont know how they work, but on a 3-4sec fight Demo I belive might still come on Top. on a senario of 10sec and if the PTR numbers ppl trowing away for SOC crits are in the order of 400k in 520, SOC is ofc the new King because they can be pumped out constantly while demo already have HOG and felstorms on CD.
    yea, seed is pretty rediculous atm, its quite fun actually

yea, seed is pretty rediculous atm, its quite fun actually
    I agree, the one fight I tested and used it on I enjoyed it
    Cyner#1996

Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned. For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.

Affliction

Agony now deals 5% more damage.
    Drain Soul now deals 40% less damage, and if other periodic Affliction damage effects are triggered by Drain Soul, they now deal 60% of their normal damage (down from 100%).
    Haunt now deals 50% more damage, and increases damage done by all of the Warlock's other spells against the target by 45%.
    Malefic Grasp now deals 40% less damage, and causes all of of the Warlock's other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
    Nightfall now gives Corruption a 7% chance to generate a Soul Shard (up from a 5% chance), but the increased chance only works on the most recently applied Corruption.
    Soul Swap no longer does any damage, and now copies damage-over-time effects instead of just moving them without needing a glyph. Copied effects now once again preserve their power and duration. Duration has been reduced to 6 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
    Unstable Affliction now deals 10% more damage.

Err.....found this in today's update

Talents
    • Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned. For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Everlasting Affliction will be redesigned.
    • Glyph of Soul Swap will be redesigned.

Affliction
    • Agony now deals 5% more damage.
    • Drain Soul now deals 40% less damage, and if other periodic Affliction damage effects are triggered by Drain Soul, they now deal 60% of their normal damage (down from 100%).
    • Haunt now deals 50% more damage, and increases damage done by all of the Warlock's other spells against the target by 45%.
    • Malefic Grasp now deals 40% less damage, and causes all of of the Warlock's other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
    • Nightfall now gives Corruption a 7% chance to generate a Soul Shard (up from a 5% chance), but the increased chance only works on the most recently applied Corruption.
    • Soul Swap no longer does any damage, and now copies damage-over-time effects instead of just moving them without needing a glyph. Copied effects now once again preserve their power and duration. Duration has been reduced to 6 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
    • Unstable Affliction now deals 10% more damage.

Blizzard is being exceptionally cautious of multi dotting with these recent adjustments.

In other news, since 4pc Tier 15 was already looking terrible, this is a clear sign to forsake it in favor of Thunderforged equivalents.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.