Quote Originally Posted by Lammy View Post
    Err.....found this in today's update

Talents
    • Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned. For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Everlasting Affliction will be redesigned.
    • Glyph of Soul Swap will be redesigned.

Affliction
    • Agony now deals 5% more damage.
    • Drain Soul now deals 40% less damage, and if other periodic Affliction damage effects are triggered by Drain Soul, they now deal 60% of their normal damage (down from 100%).
    • Haunt now deals 50% more damage, and increases damage done by all of the Warlock's other spells against the target by 45%.
    • Malefic Grasp now deals 40% less damage, and causes all of of the Warlock's other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
    • Nightfall now gives Corruption a 7% chance to generate a Soul Shard (up from a 5% chance), but the increased chance only works on the most recently applied Corruption.
    • Soul Swap no longer does any damage, and now copies damage-over-time effects instead of just moving them without needing a glyph. Copied effects now once again preserve their power and duration. Duration has been reduced to 6 seconds (down from 20 seconds).
    • Unstable Affliction now deals 10% more damage.

Still no Destruction RoF compenstation. >.>

Curious how they'll redesign EA. I don't really see why they need to nerf it. It's only ever used because of UVLS. They should just nerf UVLS if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

Curious how they'll redesign EA. I don't really see why they need to nerf it. It's only ever used because of UVLS. They should just nerf UVLS if anything.
    They've already stated they wont nerf UVLS if i remember right.

These changes are pretty good for affliction IMO, especially in PVP as it moves our dmg away from MG and more towards our dots/haunt.

AV... unmitigated... hmm..

Time to let my little imp dancing on every pool/bad in the floor. Surely they'll nerf this or make this "unmitigated" thing go only for the warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

Interesting stuff. No idea why they are slow with rolling out the compensation for Destro, but it would help if we get plenty of time to actually test it before it goes live.

The glyph re-designs are completely up in the air. No clue what they'll make of it.

Affliction changes are interesting. I notice the obvious lack of buff to Corruption, meaning our extra dot power goes to the dot we need to cast (UA) and the dot that is slow in building up (Agony). With Haunt giving more damage % (also casted) this means spending shards on spreading dots might not be a good idea, unless we are really swimming in them. So all the extra damage is in stuff that's slow or needs to be casted, which means there'll be at least some danger in getting interupted in PvP and some restraint in multi dotting in PvE (provided we actually are limited in shards more).

If we continue to have plenty of targets we can kill/drain for shards then this might be a more powerful multidot boost then might be wise, cause we'll just SB:SS everything in sight and put Haunt up on it for extremely potent damage.

Deleted
    That AV passive is insane...
    Normal raid-damage, which deals around 100k damage, will yield 1k spellpower
    Every onehit-ability that is supposed to get soaked by raid cooldowns, will give us more than 10k spellpower for 20 sec. Let alone pets, that just sit in the fire..

So I guess, I'll just go Demo in order to avoid KJC as much as possible? Soaking Static Shocks in phase 3 on Lei Shen heroic with Dark Bargain could yield something like.. 39k spellpower for 20 seconds? Does that shit stack like vengeance? That would easily yield 5k passive spellpower on heavy raid damage fights.

edit: If you can double dip AV by having you AND your pet take damage from the same effect, that's kind of like the end for GoSac.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2013-07-09 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammy View Post
    [*]Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned. For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.
    In before "warlocks now have vengeance so they can be real tanks".

I wonder how good that'll be for soloing, where your pet's taking a lot of (mitigated) dmg.

Also will it double dip with Dark Bargain as you take the full dmg as an absorb then 50% of the same dmg as a dot?
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-07-09 at 01:52 AM.

You can really tell they are at a loss for ideas as what to do with AV. They originally nerfed AV at the beginning of the xpak, so we wouldn't stand in the bad, and now they are redesigning it to once again incentivize standing in the bad.

Affliction is gonna have some nasty burst in PvP again, and I'm liking it.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting stuff. No idea why they are slow with rolling out the compensation for Destro, but it would help if we get plenty of time to actually test it before it goes live.

The glyph re-designs are completely up in the air. No clue what they'll make of it.

Affliction changes are interesting. I notice the obvious lack of buff to Corruption, meaning our extra dot power goes to the dot we need to cast (UA) and the dot that is slow in building up (Agony). With Haunt giving more damage % (also casted) this means spending shards on spreading dots might not be a good idea, unless we are really swimming in them. So all the extra damage is in stuff that's slow or needs to be casted, which means there'll be at least some danger in getting interupted in PvP and some restraint in multi dotting in PvE (provided we actually are limited in shards more).

If we continue to have plenty of targets we can kill/drain for shards then this might be a more powerful multidot boost then might be wise, cause we'll just SB:SS everything in sight and put Haunt up on it for extremely potent damage.
    Corruption change would buff demo... not sure if that's necessary.

EA glyph will most likely be changed to restore the dot extension to Fel Flame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Corruption change would buff demo... not sure if that's necessary.
    Mhmm, and any AoE we do with SB:SoC after it explodes, I guess, which if I understand correctly from the PTR doesn't need much boosting either.

I imagine this AV design won't make it live, b/c you can pretty much gaurentee locks pushing max dps will do w/e they can to optimize the amount of spellpower they gain from that talent - taking lots of unnecessary damage; the amount of spellpower you can gain from teaming it up with Dark Bargain is kind of absurd to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    EA glyph will most likely be changed to restore the dot extension to Fel Flame
    I would actually welcome that, since the fel flame extension mechanic is extremely useful in PvP. As it stands without fel flame extension, casting immolate isn't worth the time/effort, and affli will have to cast a great deal more for UA upkeep.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-09 at 01:57 AM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Use Dark Bargain and Unending Resolve, cry for pain suppression and go for that shiny 5 million damage voidzone. And don't forget to bring your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    Use Dark Bargain and Unending Resolve, cry for pain suppression and go for that shiny 5 million damage voidzone. And don't forget to bring your pet.
    I could be wrong, but it seems the way it is worded that using DR abilities such as UR and Pain Supp would be counterproductive. I believe you gain spellpower proportional to the amount of actual damage you receive; in which case, using Dark Bargain works, b/c you continue to receive damage unmitigated, but your hp bar doesn't move. Then the DoT applied afterward would serve to further extend the spellpower gain.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler Twitter
    Standing in lava won't work for AV or Vengeance in 5.4. Using AV when you know a big AE is coming is more skillful.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...63466613788672

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    that tweet is three weeks old

10+ Year Old Account
    AV will probably be changed to cap out like Vengance to keep you from using Dark Bargin to give yourself an ungodly amount of spell damage. There's no doubt about that. They're still not too far in the PTR so I foresee a lot more Warlock changes, and hopefully good ones.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    that tweet is three weeks old
    Why wouldn't it still be relevant?

EDIT to add:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...67452911939585

He hinted (if you can call a very direct reply a hint) what AV would be a while ago.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-07-09 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    AV will probably be changed to cap out like Vengance to keep you from using Dark Bargin to give yourself an ungodly amount of spell damage. There's no doubt about that. They're still not too far in the PTR so I foresee a lot more Warlock changes, and hopefully good ones.
    Taking a wild guess here but i'm thinking dark bargain mitigates damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    New archimonde's vengeance is going to be OP unless they put a limit on it.

Wonder how it would work with soul link, that's not really mitigated dmg, but shared. So potentially you could double dip with it.
    Doubt that myself, but it's a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    New archimonde's vengeance is going to be OP unless they put a limit on it.

Wonder how it would work with soul link, that's not really mitigated dmg, but shared. So potentially you could double dip with it.
    Doubt that myself, but it's a thought.
    Not really.

Soul Link makes you split damage taken/healing taken between you and your pet based on a proportion of your health. Since AV works based off of player and pet damage taken you still get AV-affected damage taken of 100%.

Actually, Soul Link is probably the (technical) reason behind why AV works based off of player and pet damage taken.