10+ Year Old Account
    New Archimonde's Vengeance is interesting. It certainly looks good and look forward to testing it out, I do worry, like Count Zero though, that it might be a bit of a trap, since like Tank Vengeance it will scale with content, meaning high level players using it in Heroic modes and naturally taking more damage will benefit much more from it than those using it in dungeons and LFR. However, that those lower level playes are going to see it's so good for high level players will pick it up anyway - unless they were genuinely picking KJC because it's "fun".

I suspect this is a real test for that mindset; with AV and potentially MF offering more damage suddenly becoming more fun than move-casting amongst the community.

Deleted
    so, vengeance is here. time to introduce warlock tanks ;D
    This new talent solve the uselessness of the old AV, but it doesn´t solve the mainproblem: the brain-fart-mechanic of AV itself.
    cmon blizzard, try once again with a completly new idea
    Why making a talent that gets weaker while picking some of the previous talents like soulleech and sacpact?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they want to nerf UVLS Doom also?
    Hence glyph is going for REDESIGN.
    Or sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So, they want to nerf UVLS Doom also?
    Hence glyph is going for REDESIGN.
    Or sort of.
    I remember reading somewhere earlier in this thread that someone suggested that the redesign is to allow Fel Flame to work how it does now on live, which probably does have to do with how UVLS works with Demo.

Deleted
    Ahh nice, less important to keep that MG up in PvP than. I hope.

AV looks cool, I guess. I barely understand what it does, but if it keeps adding spellpower, it's probably gonna mean AffDots will go mental and I have to refresh DoTs even more then I currently am.

Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    That was the 1st thought I had after reading the change... its odd to say the least, a talent killing the use of 2 others (Soul Leech/Sac Pact).
    I think it will working like Tank-Vengeance: you gain it even if you migrate damage. So if you have a PW:Shield, you don't need to destroy it to do more damage. Because you take damage even if it is absorbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I think it will working like Tank-Vengeance: you gain it even if you migrate damage. So if you have a PW:Shield, you don't need to destroy it to do more damage. Because you take damage even if it is absorbed.
    •Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned. For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.

Mitigated damage would not count toward the damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Our hardcasted Dots are buffed.
    Corruption is untouched, my guess : not to boost affli AOE over the roof.
    Nightfall is boosted on mono, eavily nerfed on multi and slightly nerfed on cleave
    MG is nerfed, haunt is boosted so we are not penalized from low MG-uptime

So, manually refreshing our DOT is the new way to go, unless we can chain drain soul, sb:ss on multi is not viable, so SoC-damage is buffed. I am having an hard time to figure if this is a nerf or not.
    AoE shard generation isn't nerfed, it'll still be 5% per tick.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Nightfall now gives Corruption a 7% chance to generate a Soul Shard (up from a 5% chance), but the increased chance only works on the most recently applied Corruption.
    I really like the Haunt change. Now it's even more rewarding if you know how to line up Haunt with procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    This new talent solve the uselessness of the old AV, but it doesn´t solve the mainproblem: the brain-fart-mechanic of AV itself.
    cmon blizzard, try once again with a completly new idea
    Why making a talent that gets weaker while picking some of the previous talents like soulleech and sacpact?
    •Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned. For the passive portion of the talent, each time the Warlock or their pet takes damage, the Warlock now gains 1% of the unmitigated damage back as spell power for 20 seconds.
    Don't shields count as mitigation? So if boss hits 100% of our HP *cough tortos, we get like 6k SP

or their pet
    PET TANKS
    Last edited by forsworn; 2013-07-09 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    decent buffs for pvp affliction.

using stam trink on PTR i have like 577k health / 29000 sp about.. i think a little higher. so if i take 100k dmg i get 1K so basically like a ~3% +sp back for 20secs [its early so i may have read that wrong, but if i'm right;].. eh. KJC is still the pvp talent for destro / aff obv.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-09 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    A bit like saying that because of our self-bubble talents we're going to become Disc-like healers

I'm worried with what they're trying to do with AV. Didn't GC say that one of the reasons they changed KJC was because they didn't want Warlocks staying in the fire because of the snare because they kept casting, but they introduce a mechanic that not only encourages staying in fires in PvE but also removes the possibility of shielding ourselves. I think I get what they were doing without the option of using our shields, making it harder for us to cheese the mechanics by saying "You can only gain spellpower by being hurt unmitigatedly", but it just doesn't seem Kosher to me. Maybe an Incanter Shield esque solution (spellpower on the active cooldown depending on how much the shield it creates gets damaged) but that's just my wild guessing. I'd love to see the intentions behind this change. I'd also love to see if there was a cap, or if Warlocks in the right conditions (friend healing without bubbles, friend on opposite faction, pvp on, etc) could get to the old Reckoning levels of awesome (probably not, but still, a cap that's hard to reach unintentionally, but easy to intentionally wouldn't surprise me)

Glad to see Affli's damage brought more to DoTs, though I suspect this will cause a lot more people to ask for Shadowbolt back (and it wouldn't surprise me if in 6.0 they added a casted nuke to Affli instead of MG, though I personally hope not). The glyph redesign is going to be interesting, for both of them.

Also, noted that our demons haven't gotten that "Won't taunt mobs off target in tanking specialization", nor Hunters
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2013-07-09 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Our hardcasted Dots are buffed.
    Corruption is untouched, my guess : not to boost affli AOE over the roof.
    Nightfall is boosted on mono, eavily nerfed on multi and slightly nerfed on cleave
    MG is nerfed, haunt is boosted so we are not penalized from low MG-uptime

So, manually refreshing our DOT is the new way to go, unless we can chain drain soul, sb:ss on multi is not viable, so SoC-damage is buffed. I am having an hard time to figure if this is a nerf or not.
    well, with SB:SoC you could potentially have multiple "recently" casted corruption, since they are all applied at the same time, so how would they calculated which of the corruptions that was applied most recent? the problem i see with the haunt change is that you might not get penalized for low MG uptime but instead get penalized for low haunt uptime and even with this change, Haunt and MG uptime still go hand in hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    The nerf to mf and ds is a nerf to sac too.

But overall, with the haunt change, i feel like its not a nerf atleast. With the new 4pc t16 , you haunt uptime is extremly high.
    yeah, an 8% chance to refund shard with the new 4pc t16 will give you extremely high uptime on haunt /sarcasm off.

yes it will give you a higher uptime, but the higher uptime on haunt will be more bcoz of the nightfall change than the t16 4pc setbonus.

Could be possible be better use drain soul even out of execution phase only because the extra-buffed haunt?

Btw, I think EA should be the opposite as it's now, decrease de dots duration by 50% but buffs the dmg by 20%. OR, Changes Agony to 5-stacks but doubles your dmg.

Would be very cool for a fight with lot of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    "You can only gain spellpower by being hurt unmitigatedly",
    You relise if we absorb 90k out of a 100k hit we get 1k Spell power.
    unmitigatedly
    means it looks at the damage we would have taken without reductions or absorbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    You relise if we absorb 90k out of a 100k hit we get 1k Spell power. means it looks at the damage we would have taken without reductions or absorbs.
    no man.. it means how much you take AFTER mitigation.

at least that's how i read it.. have to test. hope you're right ^^.

edit - if it is before mitigation.. that is ridic. and we'll catch a nerf, promise.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-09 at 12:39 PM.

AC will get nerfed when people start taking 500k hits for an extra 5k spell power etc... especially if it stacks.

"Each time you take damage, you gain 2% of the unmitigated damage taken as attack power for 20 sec."
    Rings a bell? Yeah, that's the tank version of vengeance. Sounds awfully similar to the our new av, and if they're true to their word that 'standing in bad' won't stack vengeance anymore then one can assume ours won't either. Lets wait for the active portion of the talent, interesting how high they'll go with the %.
    Last edited by whi; 2013-07-09 at 12:38 PM.

Seems like the devs are opening themselves up for another Incanters shield situation similar to mages in WOTLK. And we all know how that went.

It looks like they are going further down the road of ridiculously high damage modificators. A 45% more damage Haunt is just awful in my understanding oft game mechanics ...

Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    You relise if we absorb 90k out of a 100k hit we get 1k Spell power.
    It'd be 100 in this example. It's only 1% of the damage you actually take.