10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post

Nah, blizz is allready removing all the passive dmg reduction from the baseline. I hope they might rethink giving haunt a cd and the healing portion back.

True on the first point, you notice that Balance Druids and Shadow priests also got their passive dmg reductions nerfed (converted to increased armour only).

so long as haunt costs a major respource it will not have a cooldown. You either have a cooldown (think Mind Blast) or have a major resource cost (think Devouring Plague) but not both.

Thoughts on going crit stacking demo with Amplify and Crit proc trinket? I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to try whenever I get the chance to snag these trinkets

Deleted
    Thoughts on going crit stacking demo with Amplify and Crit proc trinket? I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to try whenever I get the chance to snag these trinkets
    With crit damage not being snapshotted it won't be as much OP as you could think at first glance, and syncing both procs will require a loooot of luck. And Glyph of Everlasting Affliction is being reworked so we won't have XXX sec Doom anymore.

Demonology 4 set broken on the PTR, currently. If your 4 set procs off of a Touch of Chaos and you have a charge of HoG, it will use that charge and the fury it would normally cost.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

I would rather see them make soul link baseline like we fought so hard to get years ago. Add something else into the active defense tier like they should have done since the beginning of the x pac.

Hey guys so I know aff is getting a 50% dmg increase to haunt and 45% to our dots. How is that increased dmg looking on the ptr? I've heard it's pretty crazy haunt doing as much dmg as cb and dots just tearing teams down. Can anyone clarify this?

Deleted
    haunts hit for very much right now, but you can be pretty sure that the high crits ppl are talking about is with the new amplification proc up, ive personally gotten 1,million crits with haunts(http://i.imgur.com/pMck3ml.jpg?1), got a screenshot of it on 1 of the previous page and you will get 100k ticks with your dots quite easily, ive managed as much as 150k with agony ofc that was with the amp proc as well.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-20 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    I would rather see them make soul link baseline like we fought so hard to get years ago. Add something else into the active defense tier like they should have done since the beginning of the x pac.
    I think we have enough issues with button bloat. Having a passive option amongst the talents is a good way to limit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think we have enough issues with button bloat. Having a passive option amongst the talents is a good way to limit that.
    I agree about the button bloat but it would be no different having soul link baseline for those of us that already choose other options. I personally would like to see Fel armor recieve an armor buff like spriests/boomkins got and maybe a buff to the +healing to offset battle fatigue. We have enough abilities and good ones. Its just that battle fatigue renders them all useless. Fel armor seems like the most logical place to help us. +armor as well as +healing.
    Last edited by Lucidious; 2013-07-20 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree about the button bloat but it would be no different having soul link baseline for those of us that already choose other options. I personally would like to see Fel armor recieve an armor buff like spriests/boomkins got and maybe a buff to the +healing to offset battle fatigue. We have enough abilities and good ones. Its just that battle fatigue renders them all useless. Fel armor seems like the most logical place to help us. +armor as well as +healing.
    But it would make demonology pretty ridiculous in Meta and DA if they made Fel armor give a 60% armor increase. On the other hand, giving us more +healing, from 10% to 20-30%, we would get the same problem as we had during cata where our synergy with a healer becomes really overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's the point really, one of the reasons I like SL is that it's a button I needn't worry about and I still get something from that row when I don't need the extra cooldown. Fair enough, make it baseline and replace it with a similarly passive ability - maybe old Demon Armor? I think we'd be better getting that baseline though and going back to Armor dancing (Mages still do it, not sure why it's bad for us?) and keeping Soul Link as a talent.

Thinking on, I think I could go for two versions, a baseline one with the regular mitigation and the talent to convert it to the Live talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Button bloat? What are you even talking about?

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

I dont think the current AD is going to stay. And Haunt will get nerfed.

What I fear is that everything will stay the way it is, overlook our survivability issues, then hotfix the damage when it hit lives. That results to another awkward spec, which becomes worse than it was on the previous patch.

I've been playing this game too long to know Blizzard will basically pull this BS. Just watch.

I think the fear is valid given warlocks' history. I think AD will stay; however, there's nothing I hate more than going into a new patch as a glass cannon, because Blizzard has a terrible record of nerfing a cannon's damage over the course of a patch without providing survivability compensation. As it stands on the PTR, we are piñata central.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Button bloat? What are you even talking about?
    Making reference to having too many binds?

I am almost willing to put money on them Nerfing our damage without touching our survivability. Its like deja vu playing this class sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Making reference to having too many binds?
    Yeah, but it goes beyond that in that you get to a point with so many abilities that the purpose of some start to become eroded and you end up with multiple abilities to do ostensibly the same thing in a different way (Old Weakness/Tongues); or one ability completely overwriting the need for another and leading to 'useless' abilities, KJC overwriting Fel Flame for example.

In the example of that tier of talents with Soul Link/Dark Bargain/Sac Pact; we already have Unending Resolve baseline so throughout most of the game (outside bleeding edge progression/PvP), an extra defensive cooldown on top of that and Healthstones is pretty superfluous meaning we'd gain nothing from that tier at all if all the options were a 1min cooldown, a 2 min cooldown and a 3 minute cooldown for example. It also makes it very hard to really make, and importantly understand the difference between three options of the same thing that serve 3 distinct niches of a niche.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-07-21 at 08:24 AM.

Unfortunately I have to agree. All these will go live and we'll get a fast patch that will nerf damage. But at that moment we would be busy with the new content and we'll suck it up. I don't like to whine but history says that this is the way things are done.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree. All these will go live and we'll get a fast patch that will nerf damage. But at that moment we would be busy with the new content and we'll suck it up. I don't like to whine but history says that this is the way things are done.
    We are warlocks, most are pretty used to it:/
    Funny note, the devs said they dont want to make big changes mid expansion, well delight in the irony! Frost mage mastery icicles and warlocks!

Deleted
    Funny note, the devs said they dont want to make big changes mid expansion, well delight in the irony! Frost mage mastery icicles and warlocks!
    Well most of us were asking for a big changes asap, and I really dont know who ever asked for a affliction revamp in mop.