10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well the only thing this change does, is that you have less time to exhale, and lets be honest, 3 secs is more than enough time to inhale, select a target, and exhale.
    the whole point of soulswapping esp with the way they changed it ( aka: using the glyph ), is to put up a full set of dots on a second target without having to recast dots. If it lasts for 3 seconds you literally just instantly start refreshing the dots you JUST put up. Its a bit silly and redundant, and seems clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    the whole point of soulswapping esp with the way they changed it ( aka: using the glyph ), is to put up a full set of dots on a second target without having to recast dots. If it lasts for 3 seconds you literally just instantly start refreshing the dots you JUST put up. Its a bit silly and redundant, and seems clunky.
    I think you misunderstand.

It's not putting the copied dots up for 3 seconds. You have 3 seconds while the inhale buff is on you for you to Exhale dots onto a target, before losing the inhaled dots and can no longer exhale.

- - - Updated - - -

haunt isnt your filler anymore than it already was, what? These changes did not change the overall mechanics of the class... did it change up a priority system... sure. Thats not changing the mechanics.
    Haunt hits hard enough that on short lived adds that give shards back Aff locks will probably be spamming Haunt and then DS'ing just before it dies. That's a pretty significant change in playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=pixul;21863680any fight where theres ranged aoe, come 5.4, youre gonna go affliction because of MF seed ( which is absolutely insane right now ), especially if its a 10 second burst window of aoe... Not to mention the only fight right now you even use MF on as demo is durumu. Lei Shens mechanics make you stay out at range, and then as a demo lock you run in while they get gripped, I cant think of a single fight in recent memory that you couldnt be in melee range of the AoE.[/QUOTE]

Just because you can go Affliction doesn't mean that Demo should be left in an incomplete and sorry state. Contrary to popular belief not everyone is willing to switch specs (even if it is more damage).

Fights where you can't be in melee range all the time for AoE: Wind Lord Meljarak (Wind Bombs), Megaera, Twin Consorts, Tortos (Unless you don't give a care about making turtles move into the bats), Most of those are current tier I do believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, I was hoping for some Destro love, not more changes that are nerfing us/taking away QoL.

Kinda wondering why they are making the Soul Swap buff shorter and shorter. At 3 seconds I can see real trouble for less abled players to make the swap to a new target in time and exhale. And don't even start on how clickers are supposed to handle this in 3 seconds. I think this needs to go back up to 4-5 seconds at least, but since I have no idea why they are nerfing the time I have no clue what their intent with shortening it is either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Fights where you can't be in melee range all the time for AoE: Wind Lord Meljarak (Wind Bombs), Megaera, Twin Consorts, Tortos (Unless you don't give a care about making turtles move into the bats), Most of those are current tier I do believe.
    Wind Lord - Not current content? Regardless, you definitely could stand in melee here. Just couldn't past 75%
    Megaera - Your strat sucks, demo aoe is easy here.
    Twin Consorts - You definitely can be in melee for the aoe phase, what?
    Tortos - You don't need to be in melee anyways.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunt hits hard enough that on short lived adds that give shards back Aff locks will probably be spamming Haunt and then DS'ing just before it dies. That's a pretty significant change in playstyle.
    It's a change that affects only very short term burst on adds that give you shards back. You'll still want to put up one row of DoTs and then cast 2-3 haunts before drain soul. Huge change, hardly?

It's not putting the copied dots up for 3 seconds. You have 3 seconds while the inhale buff is on you for you to Exhale dots onto a target, before losing the inhaled dots and can no longer exhale.
    Is that even enough time for a fight like Iron Qon or Megaera?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you can go Affliction doesn't mean that Demo should be left in an incomplete and sorry state. Contrary to popular belief not everyone is willing to switch specs (even if it is more damage).

You may be correct on soulswap, i could be reading it wrong and if thats the case then ignore me

As far as those fights go, Wind Lord, you can absolutely be in melee range for the aoe portion of the fight ( and during progression most warlocks were ). Megaera, the only time youre aoeing is on netherwyrms and you can most definitely be in melee range of them unless you get an ice beam or a fire debuff. Twin Consorts theres only 1 aoe window, and you can absolutely be in melee for it. Tortos yea bats die so fast you can def be in melee range for them, but tbqh most guilds at this point are kiting them anyways, just doom them and forget em ( other than shadowflame for fury generation ).

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Bah, I was hoping for some Destro love, not more changes that are nerfing us/taking away QoL.

Kinda wondering why they are making the Soul Swap buff shorter and shorter. At 3 seconds I can see real trouble for less abled players to make the swap to a new target in time and exhale. And don't even start on how clickers are supposed to handle this in 3 seconds. I think this needs to go back up to 4-5 seconds at least, but since I have no idea why they are nerfing the time I have no clue what their intent with shortening it is either.
    On the bright side applying DoTs will be less faceroll than it was in Catalcysm. "Hey guys, I got a 1 sec UA off, the whole enemy team is suffering from my cancerous DoTs now!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand corrected. My bad. Never saw those appear on the front page of mmo-champ at all, which is where I (usually) rely on to find out GC's Twitter posts that are relevant to me, rather than digging through it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Wind Lord - Not current content? Regardless, you definitely could stand in melee here. Just couldn't past 75%
    Megaera - Your strat sucks, demo aoe is easy here.
    Twin Consorts - You definitely can be in melee for the aoe phase, what?
    Tortos - You don't need to be in melee anyways.
    I didn't say all of them were current content. Just most.

Wind Lord: Past 75% was the vast majority of time you'd be AoE'ing on progression. Only once people started outgearing it did you start getting him down in only one or two recklessnesses.

Megaera: Adds get pulled over to a tank and controlled by them. It's really different on 10 vs 25 in terms of controlability.

Twin Consorts: Falling stars still goes out while the adds are being revealed from Suens' spin move.

Tortos: That's a very guild-specific statement.

Why should things not be a concern if they may not be with how your guild does things, but others may?

10+ Year Old Account
    Harvest Life GONE!?!?!?! F U BLIZZARD omg I hate you so much. I swear I just might cancel now. First KJC now Aoe Drain life. Hey lets just take ALL fun out of the game?

You may be correct on soulswap, i could be reading it wrong and if thats the case then ignore me

As far as those fights go, Wind Lord, you can absolutely be in melee range for the aoe portion of the fight ( and during progression most warlocks were ). Megaera, the only time youre aoeing is on netherwyrms and you can most definitely be in melee range of them unless you get an ice beam or a fire debuff. Twin Consorts theres only 1 aoe window, and you can absolutely be in melee for it. Tortos yea bats die so fast you can def be in melee range for them, but tbqh most guilds at this point are kiting them anyways, just doom them and forget em ( other than shadowflame for fury generation ).
    Try to look at encounters from the perspective of someone progressing on them for the first time while undergeared, rather than while overgeared farm having cleared it for a while. Most of those statements are assuming a lot of things about strat and guild gear/skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I wish they changed immolation aura, I know it's a very iconic spell for metamorphosis. But still, the whole concept of being a ranged class, that needs to go into melee to do proper AoE can be kinda annoying.

Why not change immolation aura, make it cast-able on self or another (enemy) target. Probably not needed to keep the "cast on self" element if you could cast it on an enemy though, but just to keep that warlock feel.

It is a bit worrying for sure, to not get any insight. Hopefully we won't simply end up with a band-aid fix.

Really?

Hand of Guldan? Chaos wave?

Those are damn good range aoe spells.

Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    Really?

Hand of Guldan? Chaos wave?

Those are damn good range aoe spells.
    A huge portion of Demo's AoE required being in melee.

A huge portion of Demo's AoE required being in melee.

and yet we still have range aoe..

Yes, demo can do AoE from range. Just like a rogue can sit in range and do shuriken toss. However, to be truly effective demo has to be in melee during AoE just like rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Yes, demo can do AoE from range. Just like a rogue can sit in range and do shuriken toss. However, to be truly effective demo has to be in melee during AoE just like rogues.
    QFT, stop bickering. Focus on these continual nerfs we're getting slapped with.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

QQQQQQQQQQQQ they be killin our imp swarm QQQQQQQ
    I must say that is an unwelcome change.... nerf to burst, probaly in place because you can sync up 2 imp swarms in a row with 2 dark souls cuz of the new AV. Sigh, makes me cry...

10+ Year Old Account
    and yet we still have range aoe..
    Yes, but you can't utilize the full AoE toolkit demo has while you are not in melee. That's what it's all about.

I Feel bad about Imp Swarm change, if they at least reduce de CD to 1:30 would be ok.

About HL, I really don't care. Never used it.