If you think Destro is "spending a lot of resources," then perhaps you are under a false assumption. While they may spend one resource per cast, in most situations they will instantly regain said resource through the embers gained from the cast itself, and from rain of fire. In fact, destro typically has more resources than it can spend in massive aoe situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I thought AoE was meant to be Affliction's "weakness", relative to the other specs? Not like it has any other...
    sustained aoe sure, for burst aoe affliction is actually still really good, might be slightly behind destro and demo currently, but with the new MF it def takes the lead on burst aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    If you think Destro is "spending a lot of resources," then perhaps you are under a false assumption. While they may spend one resource per cast, in most situations they will instantly regain said resource through the embers gained from the cast itself, and from rain of fire. In fact, destro typically has more resources than it can spend in massive aoe situations.
    With the RoF nerf it'll take a ton of targets (6-7) for you to even break even with Ember generation.

In 25m it may not be a concern due to more adds per AoE, but in 10m it's quite common to have only 3-5 adds for AoE compared to 5-7 (or more) for 25m.

Why is GrimSac DoT for Chaos Bolt still a thing? iirc it was made like that to prevent those huge CB in PvP but with the 25% nerf to CB on players, the DoT seems moot.

=/

#destrostruggles

It's probably still there to make the majority a little less likely to QQ about it.

Deleted
    whiners will always find something to whine about, the fact that they whine about chaos bolt just proves it, it has a very long cast time, long enough to get interrupted, if they cant then it isnt chaos bolt that is OP then it the skill that is lacking and when it is skill that is lacking then its always easier to whine than improve your skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Why is GrimSac DoT for Chaos Bolt still a thing? iirc it was made like that to prevent those huge CB in PvP but with the 25% nerf to CB on players, the DoT seems moot.

=/

#destrostruggles
    Because of how amazingly chaos bolt scales with gear/stats. What may not seem to be a big deal right now can become rather troublesome when gear improves.
    I'm not a fan of the DoT either, but it's better to keep the dot than having all the forums filled with QQ because someone failed to interrupt a chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Because of how amazingly chaos bolt scales with gear/stats. What may not seem to be a big deal right now can become rather troublesome when gear improves.
    I'm not a fan of the DoT either, but it's better to keep the dot than having all the forums filled with QQ because someone failed to interrupt a chaos bolt.
    I understand. But just to pitch a bitch, my Chaos Bolt on my full Tyrannical Lock with full Mastery build hit my Shaman friend for 79k no CDs. Now, 15% of 79k is 11850. The DoT reverted would yield a solid 90850 CB. In my mind, Chaos Bolt being such a long cast with a resource cost offsets that decent damage. Not to mention Mages can instant for that...

But I digress, this isn't the PvP thread. :P

OT: Where is the Destro compensation? It's getting later in the cycle and I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    OT: Where is the Destro compensation? It's getting later in the cycle and I'm worried.
    I'm convinced there won't be one when 5.4 goes live and they will do something with a hotfix/mini patch.

Deleted
    Well if you read between the lines a little blizzard are trying to make it so the damage is a little more controlled in 5.4 with the reintroduction of internal cd trinkets, affis aoe getting brung to the other 2 specs and Uvls getting kinda crapped on (hopefully its enough to deter the playstyle).

This should in turn mean that destruction gets brung to a competitive level in single target, the question is will blizzard buff it enough cause it needs huge buffs to compete with some of the top specs now.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Well if you read between the lines a little blizzard are trying to make it so the damage is a little more controlled in 5.4 with the reintroduction of internal cd trinkets, affis aoe getting brung to the other 2 specs and Uvls getting kinda crapped on (hopefully its enough to deter the playstyle).

This should in turn mean that destruction gets brung to a competitive level in single target, the question is will blizzard buff it enough cause it needs huge buffs to compete with some of the top specs now.
    I'm sure they are going to do something, the problem is is that they need to do it soon so it can be tested to see if it's adequate or not. If it's not, they likely won't fix it all too soon, but if it's too much they'll over correct and bring it down too far.

If UVLS doesn't get nerfed there is no way you're not going to still be using it as demo. Other alternatives might be closer than compared to now, but if you're going to be min maxing UVLS is a must.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    If UVLS doesn't get nerfed there is no way you're not going to still be using it as demo. Other alternatives might be closer than compared to now, but if you're going to be min maxing UVLS is a must.
    It got nerfed already by the removal of Glyph of Everlasting Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I'm sure they are going to do something, the problem is is that they need to do it soon so it can be tested to see if it's adequate or not. If it's not, they likely won't fix it all too soon, but if it's too much they'll over correct and bring it down too far.
    MM see the difference between the players and blizzard is that we seem to think that Destruction requires a mechanic change (which i also agree with), blizzard on the other hand seem to believe you can fix the spec with number tuning. (this is almost impossible because of pvp)

Now im gna use sim numbers just for a laugh, my warlock with 2 set and 550 item level sims about 197k dps or so without using Rof (this is PTR destro), now realistically changing back to internal CD trinkets actually buffs destructions damage quite a lot because you can ofc pool embers and this is fantastic, but seen as blizzard also seem to think that in t15 we exceed our ember generation you need to buff the scaling of our spells by absoloutely monster margins to bring the spec to where it has to be while casting so few spells, this does though change quite a lot when you get the 4 set and the 2 internal cd trinkets.

The last thing is that with MF and KJC (ember gen abuse and rotation while mobile) now nerfed to crap destruction is now a turret and we all know that turrets have to be super strong to be competitive (arcane is an amazing example of this), the difference in stand still damage between destruction (without Rof)and arcane is honestly a joke (at this gear level probably approaching 85k dps)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    well yes and no. the removal of glyph of EA will impact demo for sure, but no as much as you might think. my ilvl 536 uvls(yay! finally got myself one) with my amount of haste etc. i would on average get 1 proc every 77 sec which is well within the fully pandemic Doom of 90 sec, even got room to spare but ofc this is an average, and you cant always use that with the rppm trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Drain Soul no longer energizes Soul Shards from the pets and guardians of players
    • Grimoire of Sacrifice no longer affects Drain Life.
    • Demonic Gateways are no longer attackable once more.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...9_2013#warlock

EDIT: Completely read that wrong
    Last edited by sasofrass; 2013-07-30 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just too make drain soul on pets in pvp a non issue. It also does a significant amount more than MG, and you will continue using it except for to cheese soul shards from pets.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Not having the glyph just makes bad RNG more punishing (which is why the glyph looks so great on simcraft and is great in practice if you're looking at a multitude of pulls collectively) but I've played a decent amount of UVLS demo without the glyph to see how my damage was on fights where i didn't get RNG fucked and even on some bad pulls it is still an insane dps increase vs just normal trinkets. The gap will be closed next tier since those new trinkets are insane but I think demo will still use UVLS + amplify, especially considering the fights where demo is best at in Siege are council fights where UVLS will be very insane.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-07-30 at 04:30 AM.

ok i guess i just fail at affliction. Been doing a lot of BGs on PTR after it came back up and every time I get like 2 mages, a boomkin, and 2 spriests on me I die. How do you live through that? Cant even cast cause its perma silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    ok i guess i just fail at affliction. Been doing a lot of BGs on PTR after it came back up and every time I get like 2 mages, a boomkin, and 2 spriests on me I die. How do you live through that? Cant even cast cause its perma silence.
    Well no class or player is going to do well against 5 others at once