Deleted
    I have been playing around on the PTR. After trying every spec, I conclude that Affliction for now is the top dps with demo closely behind. I found that destruction was 60k or more behind the two on single target with the mastery/haste build, I also tried a crit/mastery build and it was no better. Feels as if demonology's burst has been nerfed and stabilized, though the 4 set bonus on tier 16 isn't that great for demo it helps sustain dps. I will be raiding as demo although it is not the highest damage/dps at the moment. I believe there is something that can be done with destruction because there are many options.
    60k ?
    On a target dummy ?

An example would be to make conflagrate always crit, this allows the 2 set to greatly increase destuction's dps.
    I think non-warlock PvP players would not appreciate that fix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Is this correct? I think if you manage it you can use it every 1 minute (with your pvp trinket).

0 - DS1
    1min - DS2. DS1 has already recharged for 1 minute.
    2min - DS1. DS2 has already recharged for 1 minute
    3min - DS2. etc.

Am I mistaken?

Regarding soul swap, am I correct it no longer has a cd? I can SB:SS my first target, and then normal SS all other targets with my dark soul dots? It also copies their power and duration, so I could make sure I am copying max duration DS dots (make sure i refresh them using pandemic to long durations) and then move them to eveyrthing. That has interesting potential.
    You're right about Soul Swap, you can put full power + duration dots on one target and spend 2 GCDs per additional target to spread them. They are instant casts as well.

Affliction multi dotting is by far the best and depending on procs or cds its demand add burst can be the best as well

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Still no pvp'ers trying affliction?
    It's kinda up in the air. There is almost always zero meaningful pvp testing on the PTR, and the one scheduled focused testing session they had was before the Resil/BF changes. So basically, the meta game is a giant bowl of mystery.

For Aff, the question boils down to - "Are we too squishy with the gateway/FelArmor changes?". I honestly think it's a bigtime YES, but I hope I'm wrong. We already need to pop every defensive in the world when a Feral/Hunter/Ret look our way and having to wait an extra 30 sec on gateway as an escape with +10%dmg taken is pretty huge. Also, our unfearable friends, Warriors, are apparently looking very scary on the PTR, which hurts us in the meta game too.

On the bright side, we have some pretty nice burst on teams that can peel for us (pretty sure we will be limited to Rogues/Mages for this reason). And AD DS will allow us to DS/Orb or DS/Dance on an open and then do it again 60 sec later while enemy trinkets are still down.

***refers to 3s only obv.***

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    An example would be to make conflagrate always crit, this allows the 2 set to greatly increase destuction's dps.
    I cant see that working. I think they could Bake in a bonus ember gain during the 10 sec's of MF's extra damage or they could work in pet ember bit gains (1 tick per pet crit).

They cant just toss Ember regen back into single target or they will wind up being hypocrites. Increasing ember regen on single target would cause issues with FnB.

They could mess with ember regen on conflags that might help a bit.

I liked Werst's idea of a minor glyph for conflag to switch the benefit to crit over haste but too late (again) to test that idea.

Most of the idea's worth testing in fact could not be implemented now but some light buffs on a few spots could still go a long ways.

How would better ember regen on single target cause issues with FnB?

I forgot to log my work on Norushen today. I saw my pet got 50% corruption and it was static the entire time. My question is... do guardians i.e Doomguard or Primal Elemental get effected by 50% corruption.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    It's kinda up in the air. There is almost always zero meaningful pvp testing on the PTR, and the one scheduled focused testing session they had was before the Resil/BF changes. So basically, the meta game is a giant bowl of mystery.

For Aff, the question boils down to - "Are we too squishy with the gateway/FelArmor changes?". I honestly think it's a bigtime YES, but I hope I'm wrong. We already need to pop every defensive in the world when a Feral/Hunter/Ret look our way and having to wait an extra 30 sec on gateway as an escape with +10%dmg taken is pretty huge. Also, our unfearable friends, Warriors, are apparently looking very scary on the PTR, which hurts us in the meta game too.

On the bright side, we have some pretty nice burst on teams that can peel for us (pretty sure we will be limited to Rogues/Mages for this reason). And AD DS will allow us to DS/Orb or DS/Dance on an open and then do it again 60 sec later while enemy trinkets are still down.

***refers to 3s only obv.***
    If you can keep your pet alive + soul link we'll be tanky. If we cant, we'll be on the squishy side. If our damage is as ridiculously high as I think its going to be, gemming resil might be a legit strategy to get that tankiness.

With the ilvl only creeping up, for the first few weeks I would imagine we would be tanky enough. 65%-72% is effectively 21% less dmg, with the trinket difference offsetting our lost 10% reduction.

Excited to try it out!

fel armor need a buff, a +60% armor contribution (and recalibrate nether plating, of course)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedlight View Post
    I cant see that working. I think they could Bake in a bonus ember gain during the 10 sec's of MF's extra damage or they could work in pet ember bit gains (1 tick per pet crit).

They cant just toss Ember regen back into single target or they will wind up being hypocrites. Increasing ember regen on single target would cause issues with FnB.

They could mess with ember regen on conflags that might help a bit.

I liked Werst's idea of a minor glyph for conflag to switch the benefit to crit over haste but too late (again) to test that idea.

Most of the idea's worth testing in fact could not be implemented now but some light buffs on a few spots could still go a long ways.
    uhm, in what way would they be hypocrites if they toss ember regen into single target? afaik that would only happen if they would add RoF back into single target dps which they shouldnt, there are plenty of ways to add ember regen single target without it affecting anything else. also just to be clear, atm FnB is rather clunky and is only maintainable on 5 or 6+ targets which is something that needs changing as well.

and conflag wouldnt really affect ember regen much, now if you meant changing backdraft to generate more embers while its up, you'd be right.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    14 days left to be fixed, starting to feel like a feature :P
    If 4 piece Demo T16 intendedly consumed our Demonic Fury and HoG stacks to cast a Chaos Wave in meta, or consumed a HoG stack to cast HoG out of meta..... dear lord worst set bonus ever.

... but I highly doubt it was meant to be intended, that is beyond retarded if it is

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    uhm, in what way would they be hypocrites if they toss ember regen into single target? afaik that would only happen if they would add RoF back into single target dps which they shouldnt, there are plenty of ways to add ember regen single target without it affecting anything else. also just to be clear, atm FnB is rather clunky and is only maintainable on 5 or 6+ targets which is something that needs changing as well.

and conflag wouldnt really affect ember regen much, now if you meant changing backdraft to generate more embers while its up, you'd be right.
    Based on the Destro sweet spot of 5.3 of spamming CB's mainly in fights with a lot of mobs, a lot of fights in SoO seem to have ...pockets of adds (4-6) here and there if you say just for example increase ember regen on incinerate; would that not increase the effectiveness of FnB on small groups due to increased regen? Don't get me wrong I want to see a fix but the more I look at the changes the more I see the RoF change as being more of a two-fold choice.

If they would have originally changed the mechanic of RoF ember regen as opposed to reducing the regen so that it was most effective on 4-10 but the ember regen remained the same on 4 adds in 5.4 as it is in 5.3 then Destro would be able to spam CB's once again.

I am not suggesting I like where Destro is, I don't.

As far as ember regen is concerned they have really been pressing on not increasing that in any significant way. Realistically they don't seem to have time for Destro at the moment so really just hoping for another small damage buff so we remain competitive up to a certain point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    How would better ember regen on single target cause issues with FnB?
    It's the change to rain of fire. It generates a ton less embers, so it's not used single target (which is a huge nerf). Now, because of the change, on 5 targets rain of fire isn't generating enough embers to keep up with your FnB aoe. It gets turned off and you have to cast something single target to turn it back on. Very clunky game play.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroxo View Post
    If 4 piece Demo T16 intendedly consumed our Demonic Fury and HoG stacks to cast a Chaos Wave in meta, or consumed a HoG stack to cast HoG out of meta..... dear lord worst set bonus ever.
    Is this still the case on the ptr?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    yes. 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by icedlight View Post

This is what I didn't understand.

Since the T16x4 bonus is designed to scale inversely with ember generation spikes/gear I'd think they don't want destro having 30% extra generation. Unfortunately that leaves the spec so far behind as to be non competitive outside of niches where it can snipe shadowburns and/or havoc them onto other targets. It also makes aoe of 4-6 targets unsustainable (gg on aoe change) so it really limits destro's niche even further.

The demo bonus really needs a fix before live...it should not charge DF nor expend charges. May just roll with the soulfire bonus and call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Been posting week after week about this in the bug report. Their lack of response tells me two things: 1. they don't care and have bigger things to fix. and 2. It is intended....

Good thing I am tanking this tier. Their response to our issues and the fact that they aren't doing shit is getting pretty old.

It would be fun to see how they judge the revamp at the end of the expac. Like i said earlier, maybe it's not the warlock class that has the issues but more so the damn developers behind the wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destroxo View Post

... but I highly doubt it was meant to be intended, that is beyond retarded if it is
    I tweeted GC regarding this change/bug and whether it is intended or not.....hope he sees it.

This patch is looking very grim for warlocks

For every small buff/fix comes atleast 3 nerfs/negative redesigns

I would love to see for PVP, destro locks get the piercing CB back, maybe off a proc. IMO there was no more satisfying kill than destroying a dk through his AM shield.
    For PVE, they could maybe incorporate a proc for a visually exciting CB that does significantly more damage than norm for a greater mana amount 50% for eg.