Quote Originally Posted by icedlight View Post
    I cant see that working. I think they could Bake in a bonus ember gain during the 10 sec's of MF's extra damage or they could work in pet ember bit gains (1 tick per pet crit).

They cant just toss Ember regen back into single target or they will wind up being hypocrites. Increasing ember regen on single target would cause issues with FnB.

They could mess with ember regen on conflags that might help a bit.

I liked Werst's idea of a minor glyph for conflag to switch the benefit to crit over haste but too late (again) to test that idea.

Most of the idea's worth testing in fact could not be implemented now but some light buffs on a few spots could still go a long ways.
    I believe that if conflagrate always critted we could save some dps while moving. The reason I believe this is the fact that we will lose dps on the move because of the nerf of KJC. Now I also know the cons of having conflagrate always crit, it would be like WOTLK Ulduar when locks burst were so insane that many locks died because of aggro. It would also be a problem in pvp because of the same reasons but there are many burst classes that are already in pvp so one more wouldn't hurt.

I read on another forum that blizzard is giving us a 15% buff to chaosbolt but I am not sure if it is true or not. Here is my take on if that were to happen. A 15% buff is cool and all but without the ember regen from ROF, we still lose the maximum amount of CBs. To fix this there should be a cast reduction on chaosbolt or simply take away the embers and put in place a molten core proc for soulfire but instead for chaosbolt like it was back in the WOTLK hybrid spec. Though I am not really happy with the 15% "buff" it still is a move in the right direction and shows that they want to fix destro. The main problem for them is trying to balance it for pvp, but with that said, destro is already nerfed in pvp because of the simple fact of KJC being nerfed. How can one cast chaosbolt without moving if the enemy is attacking him/her while the lock has remain still in order to cast. Less Chaosbolts in pvp and pve doesn't seem as if it is the best thing for the destruction spec.

Deleted
    my two cents:

aoe clunkyness: all spells under FnB effect generate 100% more ember bits.
    movement issues: immolate instant cast (i´ve been asking for this since wotlk). CB reduced cast time .5 secs.
    pvp issues: buff conflagrate 30% +-

i would elaborate more on the details but i´m a bit tired and trying to explain the reasons of that in english would exhaust me right now.

So can we talk about how Fel Flame is still a better filler than Incinerate? I feel like they missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    So can we talk about how Fel Flame is still a better filler than Incinerate? I feel like they missed that one.
    Shhh..

It lets us use AD all the time

Deleted
    Shhh..

It lets us use AD all the time
    It's not like if KJC prevented you of being bumped by a giant sawblade while casting a 2M5 Chaos bolt anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It's not like if KJC prevented you of being bumped by a giant sawblade while casting a 2M5 Chaos bolt anyway
    Wellllll....

Fine, be pessimistic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    LOL

buff incinerate? Blizzard's solution is nerf fel flame

Cus sawblades on 25HC are going to be fun for any caster in the game
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Why is fel flame better than incinerates? Spell power coefficient per cast time is in favor of Incinerate, even without Backdraft charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    The confirmation of the Chaos Bolt buff:

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Destruction
    • Chaos Bolt damage and SP scaling increased by 15%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see that making destro viable for raiding still? Anyone wanna enlighten me lol

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I don't see that making destro viable for raiding still? Anyone wanna enlighten me lol
    Depends on what you mean by viable for raiding. From what I have read posted by several top warlocks on these forums quite a few of them plan on going destruction for 4 to 5 of the fights. Now, its still lagging in single target but it still has its niche fights its good at and this buff to CB only improves its performance in those niche fights. While it may not be the strongest spec overall I would personally consider it viable, even if only as an OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a buff. It doesn't make it super viable, but it's a buff. Which at this point we weren't even sure if we'd get something at all.

To sum it up for 5.4: So far we've lost ~30% of our ember generation via RoF nerf, gained 10% immolate damage, and gained 15% chaos bolt damage.

It's *somewhat* viable. Still doesn't scale as well as the other specs (and maybe they'll fix that in time for patch, yet?), but it'll be more playable on some fights now. Plus nicer in PvP for that extra little bit of damage, now it'll be less of a wet noodle.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    It's a buff. It doesn't make it super viable, but it's a buff. Which at this point we weren't even sure if we'd get something at all.

To sum it up for 5.4: So far we've lost ~30% of our ember generation via RoF nerf, gained 10% immolate damage, and gained 15% chaos bolt damage.

It's *somewhat* viable. Still doesn't scale as well as the other specs (and maybe they'll fix that in time for patch, yet?), but it'll be more playable on some fights now. Plus nicer in PvP for that extra little bit of damage, now it'll be less of a wet noodle.
    And the usual comments of OMFG I GOT HIT FOR 500K from a chaosbolt plz nerf

xD

Does anyone know/remember when or even if they typically open up lfr for testing on the ptr? I haven't had a chance to do much testing at all and using target dummies to test changes is obviously nothing like a real fight. I have been hoping they would leave a ptr wing or 2 open for a weekend so that I could test all 3 specs on some of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Why is fel flame better than incinerates? Spell power coefficient per cast time is in favor of Incinerate, even without Backdraft charges.
    ^This, can someone explain please.

Deleted
    Unless I'm being an idiot, it said Chaos bolt damage and scaling increased by 15%. People did some napkin math earlier about how much that would increase overall dps. Did they take into account the scaling? Is it even noticeable?

Deleted
    MMOC's damage = base damage.
    That's a 15% damage increase.

MMOC's damage = base damage.
    That's a 15% damage increase.
    +15% sp scaling?