Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Your a little optimistic on that dying very quickly in heroic statement. Remember the easiest heroic in ToT was Ji-Kun
    Aren't they striving to make the progression a bit more linear this tier though?

Also Jinrokh was pretty easy too.

Your a little optimistic on that dying very quickly in heroic statement. Remember the easiest heroic in ToT was Ji-Kun
    Hi Jin'rokh?

Immerseus is really not very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Jesus, do people even read just a few pages of this thread before posting? It is so infuriating to see people literally post the same question thats been answered a page or 2 before.... not to mention someone who posts the changes that are from MONTHS ago. Lol, i need to stop reading these forums, it makes me way to upset when dumb people do dumb things.
    Although I understand where you're coming from, I would say the majority of questions that people ask is never fully answered the way they asked for. A few pages has conflicting discussions that cut off another and can become a hassle or cause confusion. Going as far as calling people dumb is a bit harsh because after all, they are coming here to improve, clarify, and ask for help. Quite the opposite of "dumb". It is to be expected in a 190 page thread.

When people ask a question, they usually tend to seek and answer that directly answers their unique phrased question and not another differently phrased question. It comes down to having a smooth answer. When I was asking question I went back 11 pages it was all destruction topics. Do you really expect me to go though possibly 2-3 dozens pages to seek an answer?
    Last edited by Ciani; 2013-09-06 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    I was expecting a buff instead of a nerf..

We are getting a nerfbat on trinkets (still I see lots of ppl talking bout UVLS?)
    After reading above I can someone tell me if we get an overal buff to afflication? If so how? (I see Shards going down; I see MG doing less damage and worse of all Drain Soul no more energising Shards = bad execute phase?

Do the addition damage from the rest of the DoT make up for it?
    It's a buff by a fair margin. Extra damage on dots and Haunt outweighs the MG/DS nerf. 10% Nightfall off a single Corruption is not bad at all, on average over all fights I believe it will result in more shards than 5.3.

Drain Soul still gives shards, just not off pets/guardians. This is purely a PvP change.

Trinkets are not bad at all, I would even say Wushoolay and Breath are getting buffed.

Jesus, do people even read just a few pages of this thread before posting? It is so infuriating to see people literally post the same question thats been answered a page or 2 before.... not to mention someone who posts the changes that are from MONTHS ago. Lol, i need to stop reading these forums, it makes me way to upset when dumb people do dumb things.
    Yeah you might want chill out with the backseat moderating/sperging out

If anyone has any questions no matter how big or small or what spec, feel free to private message me so you don't have to feel the wrath of johnny forumfret
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    Although I understand where you're coming from, I would say the majority of questions that people ask is never fully answered the way they asked for. A few pages has conflicting discussions that cut off another and can become a hassle or cause confusion. Going as far as calling people dumb is a bit harsh because after all, they are coming here to improve, clarify, and ask for help. Quite the opposite of "dumb". It is to be expected in a 190 page thread.

When people ask a question, they usually tend to seek and answer that directly answers their unique phrased question and not another differently phrased question. It comes down to having a smooth answer. When I was asking question I went back 11 pages it was all destruction topics. Do you really expect me to go though possibly 2-3 dozens pages to seek an answer?
    Not that I agree with his outburst/insults, but if one was to go back LITERALLY 2 pages, as he mentioned, there's people on page 188 saying "Affliction smashes other specs hands down". Now, from that, MOST people would be able to be able to deduce that Affliction is in a very good place right now. Plus he hasn't quoted all of the Affliction changes from the front page (i.e. a few more buffs than just the ones he listed), which would also prove to oneself that the nerfs are somewhat compensated, without needing to go and ask others.

These are all the posts on page 188 about it alone:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    if you want to play affliction, then go for it, its the best dps spec on the PTR atm. Demo is actually the worst. I dont know how that could even be a dilema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    dunno who everyone is but they must be high off their rocker.
    Unless you NEED burst aoe or the utility demo provides on any given fight affliction will outperform it no question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It must have been favorable since they just nerfed it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Number 1 on most fights, at worst top 3 on fights that don't favor us or when other classes AoE and we don't for any reason. Source: heroic PTR testing with decent guild.
    Either way though, his question has been answered, and the outburst has happened and can't be taken back, lets just leave it and move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the 4 piece set bonus worth obtaining for affliction? 10% chance to refund a shard sounds mediocre, but I haven't had an opportunity to test it. Anyone with numbers?

Deleted
    general opinion is as it was in 5.3. its worth it until you can replace chest, legs(altho you will most likely use the haste/mastery offpiece) and shoulders with hc wf pieces.

Wut ? 39% of guilds have killed h Jin'rokh, 30% have killed h Ji-kun (http://www.wowprogress.com/)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I had a question about the Soul Swap change. I'm pretty new to warlocks and I noticed people mentioning an inhale exhale mechanic, and that the changes will alter the way people currently play a 5.3 aff lock. Does anyone mind explaining to me these things?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukedevlin View Post
    I had a question about the Soul Swap change. I'm pretty new to warlocks and I noticed people mentioning an inhale exhale mechanic, and that the changes will alter the way people currently play a 5.3 aff lock. Does anyone mind explaining to me these things?
    On live (unglyphed, does anyone actually use the glyph still?): When you soul swap, you remove the DoTs from the target and get like a 15s (?) buff. When you use it again on a new target, it puts up the DoTs with their max base duration + your current stats (ignoring the bug that's been going on). With glyph, it keeps the DoTs on your main target, but puts a cooldown on Soul Swap.

On PTR/5.4: When you soul swap, the DoTs remain on the target, you get a 6s (?) buff. When you use it again on a new target, it puts the DoTs on it with the same strength and duration as on your initial target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    On live (unglyphed, does anyone actually use the glyph still?): When you soul swap, you remove the DoTs from the target and get like a 15s (?) buff. When you use it again on a new target, it puts up the DoTs with their max base duration + your current stats (ignoring the bug that's been going on). With glyph, it keeps the DoTs on your main target, but puts a cooldown on Soul Swap.

On PTR/5.4: When you soul swap, the DoTs remain on the target, you get a 6s (?) buff. When you use it again on a new target, it puts the DoTs on it with the same strength and duration as on your initial target.
    Is there a limit to this? Or can you keep soul swapping off the target you apply it on to apply it to a third target and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    Is there a limit to this? Or can you keep soul swapping off the target you apply it on to apply it to a third target and so on?
    Nope theres no limit as there is no CD on soul swap in 5.4 .. although you cant keep the cycle going on forever as eventually you will copy Dots with very low duration left

Deleted
    What do you guys think about Soul Swapping SB:SoC ? (saw that on the US off. forums and it did work on the ptr tonight)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    What do you guys think about Soul Swapping SB:SoC ? (saw that on the US off. forums and it did work on the ptr tonight)
    Sounds pretty funny but you have to ask.. What use would it have really? Unless there are like 2 groups of adds tanked apart of each other, but even then I imagine 1 extra soul shard wouldn't be such a big deal. Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post

It was changed to 3 seconds a few weeks ago. Soul swap off target 1, get 3 sec buff to copy DoTs onto target 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    No CD on it afaik, so yes, you can soul swap off 1 target to another, then off that one to another again. Hence why affliction is doing so amazingly well on 2-3 mob cleave fights in 5.4. Super buffed DoTs on 1 target, copied to 1-2 others in only 2-4 GCDs.

I'm reading a lot of mixed reviews and observations on UVLS. Some say it procs quite often and others report it proc a lot less frequently. I understand this is the nature of RPPM trinkets. I, unfortunately, could not get my hands on Woosh before the patch so I am stuck with the 2/2 normal versions of Hydra and UVLS. Would the DPS difference be substantial or just a bit less? I also have the valor trinket and the LFR version of Woosh. I would assume that LFR Woosh would not be worth switching for UVLS considering the Int and Ilvl loss, but I could be wrong. The 2/2 valor trinket however, might be a fair trade or should I stick with UVLS in my situation? I will be playing Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Tried that out a couple weeks ago, it was insanely strong with MF if you could manage to get 2 SoC's (SB version and normal cast) without them exploding early due to dots. Will be really good for aoe assuming it is intended, I could see it being a major strategy for any fight with heavy burst aoe.
    Last edited by Sinistrall; 2013-09-07 at 01:38 AM. Reason: missed a word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    I'm reading a lot of mixed reviews and observations on UVLS. Some say it procs quite often and others report it proc a lot less frequently. I understand this is the nature of RPPM trinkets. I, unfortunately, could not get my hands on Woosh before the patch so I am stuck with the 2/2 normal versions of Hydra and UVLS. Would the DPS difference be substantial or just a bit less? I also have the valor trinket and the LFR version of Woosh. I would assume that LFR Woosh would not be worth switching for UVLS considering the Int and Ilvl loss, but I could be wrong. The 2/2 valor trinket however, might be a fair trade or should I stick with UVLS in my situation? I will be playing Affliction.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Wow, we are in the exact same boat. I have the same trinkets as you and was about to ask this question, So please someone answer the question lol!
    N UVLS 2/2 has ~0.53 RPPM iirc. N Wush has ~1.2 RPPM iirc. I don't believe LFR Wush proc rate is that much lower, nor is the int difference absolutely major. Wush at 10 stacks is a very powerful int proc, and I do believe even the LFR version would be better than N UVLS, just due to the proc rate on it. I'm not at a computer currently so can't just pull up all the trinkets to compare them right now, but I'm relatively certain you would rather be using N Breath 2/2 and LFR Wush 2/2 than the other 2 trinkets. I'm not 100% certain about that, due to being unable to backup my stats right now, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.