Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Didn't it take Blood Legion over 400 attempts for Lei Shen. They need hundreds of pulls. So it is especially true for top-end guilds.
    Sure, they can get the mechanics down pretty easily. Heroic Lei Shen was a hilariously difficult fight with insane dps checks which hinged on dps getting their trinket procs at the start of the fight. (The RNG of static shock didnt help either) Given that most guilds didnt even get close to killing it until item upgrades became available (not to mention the VE target cap bug day one of 5.3), there technically isnt much room for many people to talk at all.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Didn't it take Blood Legion over 400 attempts for Lei Shen. They need hundreds of pulls. So it is especially true for top-end guilds.
    Yes, but you said that EVERY pull out of 400 was better than the last, or else they would have ''zero room to talk about raiding at all''. That's obviously not true.

Gentlemen... what's all this hubbub about really? Are we saying HTF Wush > UVLS? Are we trying to figure out what the best trinkets are for normals? What loot to push to receive from loot council? What is going to be best for heroic progression?

I'm of the school that your gameplay is going to outweigh your trinket chocie in basically every case. Of course, your trinket is going to contribute to success, but to a much lesser extent. Aren't the best players going to reforge/regem every time they get to a cockblock progression fight? Aren't you going to use a different trinket then depending on the fight? Is simcraft telling you that UVLS > HTF Wush by 300 dps? That doesn't mean much really. Sorry for the rant, but people get so steamed about what simcraft tells us and how to reforge and gem etc. What happened to the days when people talked about how to do fights better?

I can make UVLS work for demo vs the 5.4 trinkets far better than I can make it work for aff. It feels downright awful as affliction....especially in terms of predictability. I'd keep my 543ilvl UVLS for demo and council type fights but I'll be going for amp (w' demo) if not KTT/BBoY (normal) for aff. I'd agree w' Evrelia about a normal wush being better than a heroic UVLS for aff though its a moot point since if you can get your hands on a heroic UVLS you can certainly get a heroic wush. I don't know how many guilds will be willing to offnight or whatnot to farm 3x bosses into ToT for a h.wush...but I wouldn't count on it even w' the 30% nerf.

Play will almost always trump gear within the margin of variance we have been talking about. I also don't trust sims when they fly in the face of logic. I especially do not trust them at the start of a tier when their theory hasn't had time to be washed against the actuality of testing. Sims are a tool to understand comparative differences better, not something to base a canonistic belief structure on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    Gentlemen... what's all this hubbub about really? Are we saying HTF Wush > UVLS? Are we trying to figure out what the best trinkets are for normals? What loot to push to receive from loot council? What is going to be best for heroic progression?

I'm of the school that your gameplay is going to outweigh your trinket chocie in basically every case. Of course, your trinket is going to contribute to success, but to a much lesser extent. Aren't the best players going to reforge/regem every time they get to a cockblock progression fight? Aren't you going to use a different trinket then depending on the fight? Is simcraft telling you that UVLS > HTF Wush by 300 dps? That doesn't mean much really. Sorry for the rant, but people get so steamed about what simcraft tells us and how to reforge and gem etc. What happened to the days when people talked about how to do fights better?
    I'm from the exact same place you are. I'll end up running demo every fight we because my comp will have plenty of multi dotters, but a lack of burst AoE. Everyone is gearing for a boss that doesn't exist, where no movement is involved and a computer plays the game for you.

My problem with Demo's "burst aoe" is that it, more so I feel than the other specs, requires sacrificing your single-target in preparation for it.

Now, this is from my previous experience with Aff and Destro and my current experience of Demo. Ember generation nerf and the Nightfall change probably mean those two specs are sacrificing more for their aoe than they used to, so I'll have to do some experimenting to see how it still holds up ... but with Demo, stockpiling HoG/CW charges for upcoming aoe and fury spent on ImmoAura, and possibly holding Service: Felguard are significant investments ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    My problem with Demo's "burst aoe" is that it, more so I feel than the other specs, requires sacrificing your single-target in preparation for it.

Now, this is from my previous experience with Aff and Destro and my current experience of Demo. Ember generation nerf and the Nightfall change probably mean those two specs are sacrificing more for their aoe than they used to, so I'll have to do some experimenting to see how it still holds up ... but with Demo, stockpiling HoG/CW charges for upcoming aoe and fury spent on ImmoAura, and possibly holding Service: Felguard are significant investments ...
    If you really want to burst AoE as Affliction, you would have to take MF. That sacrifices a lot of damage by lacking AD.

Still I don't believe there will be a single fight where Affliction does not win, or at worst is tied depending on the situation of your raid. It's looking like the best spec among all classes for boss damage by a long shot, and shortening fights that significantly will always be a huge benefit.

Deleted
    If you really want to burst AoE as Affliction, you would have to take MF. That sacrifices a lot of damage by lacking AD.

Still I don't believe there will be a single fight where Affliction does not win, or at worst is tied depending on the situation of your raid. It's looking like the best spec among all classes for boss damage by a long shot, and shortening fights that significantly will always be a huge benefit.
    Then perhaps we should all enjoy it during the first week before the nerf bat comes by
    If it is so much more powerful than anything else they won't let it through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Then perhaps we should all enjoy it during the first week before the nerf bat comes by
    If it is so much more powerful than anything else they won't let it through.
    I don't think its going to be so over the top that it requires a nerf bat. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's still a chance for patch-day nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    There's still a chance for patch-day nerfs.
    this is what i'm afraid of. =x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasukan View Post
    I don't think its going to be so over the top that it requires a nerf bat. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    Basically this.. I know it is looking incredibly strong but still. Don't count the nerf bats until they hatch.. or swing..
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Aff is in a good place right now, sure. But I really don't like it when people say that it will outperform both other specs on every fight. I realize that it is "situation dependent", but RaidBots will have an interesting story to tell once the sample size is large enough. *coughdemocough*

I was just reading through the patch notes. I thought Soul Leech was capping out at 30% total hp in 5.4, but it seems the patch notes say 15%. Did I miss something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I was just reading through the patch notes. I thought Soul Leech was capping out at 30% total hp in 5.4, but it seems the patch notes say 15%. Did I miss something?
    yeah, afaik it was 30% early in the ptr but got another nerf to 15%.

The patch notes are unclear about Soul Link in combination with GoSac. Does anyone know how GoSac changes Soul Link in 5.4 ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    The patch notes are unclear about Soul Link in combination with GoSac. Does anyone know how GoSac changes Soul Link in 5.4 ?
    It's the same as live, you get 20% extra health instead.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, afaik it was 30% early in the ptr but got another nerf to 15%.
    Well, shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction and Demo will both be strong, destruction I am a little uneasy about but I guess we'll have to see how that works. With the changes to the rppm trinkets, it does bring down the value of haste for all specs and, who knows, maybe with all the multitarget bosses and the new gear it might not be that bad.... lol...

What i'm curious about and i can't seem to find a straight awnser anywhere is, if there is some "hard proof" what the highest DPS spec is going to be and what most likely the stat prio is going to be ?
    Last edited by Sirjeize; 2013-09-09 at 05:30 PM.