Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Obviously as a baseline ability, the spec could be properly balanced around it. :P

Can't say I noticed much difference between playing at ~14k Haste and 8.1k Haste. Just that it -always- procs during downtime/invulnerability phases and the moment you hit <50 Fury :P
    i ran gosac demo with 18k+ haste the past few weeks of tot and my uvls went off like a firecracker (put up an r3 on megaera hc with this setup) our spriest was also over 18k haste and his was proccing all the time, as opposed to when i dropped to the more 'normal' levels of haste sub 15k didnt even want to play my lock anymore, it was like being coated in acidic goo the mantids in towlong steppes put on you, everything so slow.

mor on topic i dont see the nerf to hellfire/immolate aura changing anything for demo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

Wanted to reach 18207 haste breakpoint and rest to mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any other classes get some quick changes on the official note updates? I don't want to be left out :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    i ran gosac demo with 18k+ haste the past few weeks of tot and my uvls went off like a firecracker (put up an r3 on megaera hc with this setup) our spriest was also over 18k haste and his was proccing all the time, as opposed to when i dropped to the more 'normal' levels of haste sub 15k didnt even want to play my lock anymore, it was like being coated in acidic goo the mantids in towlong steppes put on you, everything so slow.

mor on topic i dont see the nerf to hellfire/immolate aura changing anything for demo.
    I presume you have the HTF version, I understand that procs way more anyway, we only started raiding as 25s just after 5.4 so didn't quite get to Heroic Lei Shen, so I think that'll be out of the question for me unless we go as a 10 on some off nights; but with Flex I doubt that'll be for a while. Even the N version dropped so rarely, I had to blow all my DKP just to get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm I think I'm seeing a pattern here.

I left wow right around the start of 5.2 because of the retarded hotfix nerfs to multi dotting, even when we are a great multi dotting class. Didn't come back until May and raided with my old guild on Khaz Modan in their 25 man. Got fed up with gear going to people who had better item levels than me while i was doing twice their output on fights. So I left. What's there to keep me around? No spot in a raiding guild and blizz kept on fucking us up at the beginning of 5.2

Came back in 5.3 during June, got my title and FoS from Barrens and even got my LFR UVLS. Sever transferred to Illidan and raided with a few friends there. Sadly we spent several hours (on a high population server nonetheless) pugging for dps and heals. No consistency with alot of the other groups I raided with pretty much discouraged both me and my friends from raiding. And just when I was considering just moving to a different guild, we get the nerfbat the day before patch release.....

I am starting to think my general luck with consistent raid groups and blizz's tendency to nerf locks as Status Quo are making it really hard for me to enjoy playing anymore.

Hmmm I think I see a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Hmmmm I think I'm seeing a pattern here.

I left wow right around the start of 5.2 because of the retarded hotfix nerfs to multi dotting
    stopped right there, we were and continue to be an amazing class regardless of nerfs or hotfixes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    stopped right there, we were and continue to be an amazing class regardless of nerfs or hotfixes
    Part of the True Warlock Experience (TWE TM) is the endless ups and downs.

Some can handle it, others can't.

We will be just fine.

I wish they'd make UVLS ICD of 50-60 sec and have ilvl scale up the passive int and add time to the proc. Yeah I know...wishful thinking playing to class strength. With the RPPM change do we have any real reason to believe you will see significantly more UVLS procs with a high haste setup vs the 8100 > mast (or 9778 haste > mast if sharing gearsets with an affspec)?

Also I'm still seeing gosac as a loss vs svc/sup as of 530-7....esp with a change to the APL's opener.

Deleted
    old apl i think, 530-8 was on the svn, now its 540-1 released today
    lastest change was there for the apl (made ghando or smthg , sorry for my bad memory )

Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    old apl i think, 530-8 was on the svn, now its 540-1 released today
    lastest change was there for the apl (made ghando or smthg , sorry for my bad memory )
    Can you post a link to 540-1? I wasn't able to find it and didn't see it up at simulationcraft.org which is the only place I even know to look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Part of the True Warlock Experience (TWE TM) is the endless ups and downs.

Some can handle it, others can't.

We will be just fine.
    Ups and Downs?

Isn't it more like Ups and OP in MOP?

Honestly, Warlocks dominated all MOP and will continue in 5.4. Probably the best DPS for heroic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just wish i destro would have a bigger presence in 5.4 and not Demo/Aff

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Ups and Downs?

Isn't it more like Ups and OP in MOP?

Honestly, Warlocks dominated all MOP and will continue in 5.4. Probably the best DPS for heroic raiding.
    Someone hasn't been paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general from what I gather is this

Affliction seems to be the strongest place ATM especially given the t16.
    Demonology will be the spec to play in early t16 because 2pc heroic/2pc normal > 4pc normal.

For those that want to be take Destro as the OS of choice for fights because you hate not playing it this tier Demo OS seems like a stronger choice over the affliction especially if you itemize Destro Optimal. The dps "loss" having a Destro optimized Demonology spec is less than Destro optimized Affliction.

If you want to choose affliction and demonology for this patch imo getting the 9778 haste > Mastery > Haste > Crit will be the stats of choice as it would work best for both specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Someone hasn't been paying attention.
    Lol seriously. Also: every class has their time in the proverbial OP sun, no need to get one's britches in a wad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos bolt is barely doing any damage in battlegrounds, less than 5.3. Anything on this?

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Chaos bolt is barely doing any damage in battlegrounds, less than 5.3. Anything on this?
    Maybe they buffed the against player nerf? That really freaking sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Base resilience went up a bit. What kind of damage loss are you seeing? (I didn't notice it myself, but then again I was just overjoyed at having HoT baseline again!)

I will burn your soul.

Finding some bugs:

• Shivvara Mesmerize auto-cast will always try and Mesmerize a random training dummy
    • Soul Swap works on Seed of Corruption (maybe not a bug?)
    • Fel Imp Flee not forcing Imp back to caster on Move To

I'll edit as I find more.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-09-11 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Finding some bugs:

• Shivvara Mesmerize auto-cast will always try and Mesmerize a random training dummy
    • Soul Swap works on Seed of Corruption (maybe not a bug?)
    • Fel Imp Flee not forcing Imp back to caster on Move To

I'll edit as I find more.

Dunno about the Shivvara but have always been able to soul swap SoC, or least since 5.2.