Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I've always liked destro for CM's... Even IF destro's numbers were better at 554ilvl my issue is that aff is wanting 9778 haste minimum (probably wants to grow into the 13737 soon) whereas destro wants as little as possible...especially if you use the LMG. Granted I have about 60ms most of the time so the aff soulswap thing isn't so bad.
    Destro was always good for challenge modes for the same reasons destro locks dominate most trash pulls in raids. Fact is its even better for CM's now than it was at launch due to multiple buffs along the way, which help it out immensely at 463 ilvl.

While not completely optimal, there is a progression gear set available in SoO (first 7 heroic bosses non-warforged + all normal bosses) that lets you gear for affliction (haste 13737 > mastery > haste > crit) while being able to reforge down to a little over 5k haste, which is not terrible (could be a little off I don't have my spreadsheet in front of me atm). You could do better with a totally destro-focused set, but if you only plan to play destro on a handful of progression fights, it should be fine. Focus on the hit/mastery options (over the mastery/haste), and hopefully coin or get a third trink (whichever you don't plan to use between bindings and KTT for affliction). It's doable with moderate trinket drop luck for your raid.

Downside to gearing this way is that it could be annoying with too much hit for affliction before you can shed wooshoolay's.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying the new AD and MF talents a lot and basically ignoring KJC as Demo, seems pretty straightforward choice in that spec at least, if i do opt to go Affliction for certain bosses i will probably go with KJC but i'm not sure how mandatory it is; we have been able to move while channeling the entire tier but perhaps using FF isnt such a loss now.

Does anyone else feel a affliction nerf any time soon? I mean uvls with the new SS is a little redic atm and I only see it getting worse as heroic gear is going to be available this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    Does anyone else feel a affliction nerf any time soon? I mean uvls with the new SS is a little redic atm and I only see it getting worse as heroic gear is going to be available this week.
    Don't think Aff will get the bat unless Spriests are brought back down too.

Locks nerfed irrationally while spriests go untouched? Pfff...that's never happened, err nvm. Heroic gear will certainly help aff but that goes for all specs. We don't even know what aff will do in the heroic versions of fights when all the new mechanics and whatnot come into play.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if we should aim for the 2pc or the 4pc T16 bonus? Do you think that running with 2pc T15 and 2pc T16 might be worth it and if so, which set pieces?

So I'm running as affliction primarily but I know some fights are better for destruction, however I'm not set up to always reforge/gem/enchant for spec switches.

Am I better to just stay aff or switch to destro on fights that are better for destro?

Destro feels so good right now. Small ember generation buff and everything feels solid again.

Oh, and I'm utterly destroying everyone in my guild right now. Cleave in Protectors and Norushan is just overpowered. I love it!

2pc as destro really really sucks....though the 4pc is pretty strong. 4pc for aff isn't proportionately as strong afaik but certainly isn't bad. Especially where you can have multiple UA's up granting virtual 100% buff uptime even with minimal crit.

Deleted
    this may be a bit off topic, but does any1 know if it is even remotely possible to get the signet of the dinomancer from thok on a roll? it isnt on dungeon journal, so my guess is no.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    this may be a bit off topic, but does any1 know if it is even remotely possible to get the signet of the dinomancer from thok on a roll? it isnt on dungeon journal, so my guess is no.
    You can. It is actually the only item that I have won with my rolls so far. I rolled it week 1 and was quite happy/surprised when I not only got it but that the socket bonus was haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a link to a haste breakpoint spreadsheet that includes raid haste, blood lust plus a tempus repit proc (the one I use only has raid haste + Blood lust)? This would typically only happen at the pull so I never really worried about it last tier but because we lust on the pull in many more fights this tier I am curious to see the additional haste breakpoints.

Note - I am mostly looking for Demo but would happily take affliction as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    You can. It is actually the only item that I have won with my rolls so far. I rolled it week 1 and was quite happy/surprised when I not only got it but that the socket bonus was haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a link to a haste breakpoint spreadsheet that includes raid haste, blood lust plus a tempus repit proc (the one I use only has raid haste + Blood lust)? This would typically only happen at the pull so I never really worried about it last tier but because we lust on the pull in many more fights this tier I am curious to see the additional haste breakpoints.

wow, thats actually good to know, atleast now i know i can save a coin for it.

well there is the spreadsheet on totemspot or even ask mr. robot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In askmrrobot you can go to "edit weights" then "set a soft cap" for haste and you can tick all the boxes and compare them with the breakpoints which appear.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    wow, thats actually good to know, atleast now i know i can save a coin for it.

well there is the spreadsheet on totemspot or even ask mr. robot.

This is my favorite for affliction, since it is easiest to use. For Demo I have my own google doc.

http://wowcalculator.com/#warlock_affliction

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    This is my favorite for affliction, since it is easiest to use. For Demo I have my own google doc.

http://wowcalculator.com/#warlock_affliction
    that one you linked doesnt go nearly high enough, but yea im also looking for the demo one that shows raid haste+zerk+BL+Meta gem+lifeblood

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    that one you linked doesnt go nearly high enough, but yea im also looking for the demo one that shows raid haste+zerk+BL+Meta gem+lifeblood
    CLICK

Is this what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    CLICK

Is this what you are looking for?
    unfortunately not, thats the 'normal' one

edit- turns out i found the only thing mr robot is actually useful for, it has the option to set all the variable and find breakpoints not listed on the google doc sheet
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-09-21 at 04:33 AM.

How does a 549 UVLS compare with SoO trinkets for Demo and Affliction? I saw Sparkuggz use it on Heroic Thok and he seemed to be able to roll 100% crit Dooms for the whole fight. Was he just lucky or does UVLS still have a decent enough proc rate to be BiS?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    How does a 549 UVLS compare with SoO trinkets for Demo and Affliction? I saw Sparkuggz use it on Heroic Thok and he seemed to be able to roll 100% crit Dooms for the whole fight. Was he just lucky or does UVLS still have a decent enough proc rate to be BiS?
    its the nuts for demo all this tier, afflic not sure

Deleted
    Gateway despawning for anyone again? This shit has been bugged every new patch now...