Deleted
    I happened to grind the Emperor Shaohao faction to exalted the night after I got heroic Bindings and as you can probably imagine, I had quite a number of opportunities to use Soul Swap.
    I started having problems with exhale too but simply thought it to be my fault (inhaled on wrong target or sth like that). I never connected the problems to my bindings trinket, but with you guys mentioning it now.. I never had the problem the week before. To be specific: Every now and then I inhaled my buffed dots from one of my targets and then tried to exhale them to a new target.. ending up with just corruption on the new target.
    There's definately something weird going around.

Deleted
    I've had that problem sort of. On rare occasions a random dot wont apply and im over the hit cap for raid bosses so not sure why its happening. I dont have the immerseus trinket however.

Deleted
    I think I have had similar problems. I usually just spam soulswap until the soulswap icon changes to exhale mode then I switch targets and sometimes it only exhales corruption or something bugs and it doesn't exhale anything(might be remembering wrong). Then I reselect the original target, whom I thought had all dots, has no dots or only corruption. Everytime this happened I thought that I didn't put dots to the target in the first place or it had something to do with lag and was a bit confused.

I had at the time Black Blood trinket and Wush.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    and it doesn't exhale anything(might be remembering wrong).
    That happened to me too! Was kind of funny, because I actually pulled new mobs (while grinding rep) with exhale.. without actually doing anything to them. I exhaled an empty "thing" to the mob and aggroed and tagged it in the process.

Portal constantly despawning on Thok HC is really fun. /jk
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    I've mostly been playing destro/demo this tier and will propably continue doing so for rest of the progress, depending on how heroic garrosh'll look.

Just random post:

There has been a lot of discussion about the whole imp swarm being totally situational and all, and I wanted to see how i would perform without it.

Was messing around with sims, glyph and grimoire combinations, and different stat combinations. Found out that hitting the 14873 shadowflame cap, and dropping glyph of imp swarm gave me a significant dps boost (going of sims alone, 10-11k). Ive been contemplating dropping imp swarm, since 5.4 hit, but just seemed to lose dps with my mastery build.

Last night after doing some more testing and joining a flex group to see how it would function, my imp counter counted 14 extra imps throughout the sha of pride fight without the glyph with my high haste.

Just wandering if people have been trying this and what their experience is with it. Going to try it out in normal raid tomorrow to see how it compares.

And I know this has been discussed in this topic before, but I havent see anything since 5.4 went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Caides View Post
    There are a few issues I've ran into with using Soul Swap.
    If you apply your dots with UVLS procced at a certain duration, you basically get a "crit pandemic" and you're able to get a 54 second crit agony, and I didn't notice the other 2 dot durations to see if they were affected. Something else I've noticed is with Bindings trinket proc, sometimes using SB:SS to try and refresh my current dots will ONLY refresh Corruption with the updated power, and I can literally SB:SS 3+ times and it will not update UA+Agony so I have to manually cast them. I'm not sure what is causing it. Yes I'm hit capped, etc.
    Definitely had this happen on Garrosh last night.

Kind of stopped me in tracks until I recalled this post. Checked dot debuffs on target, just to make sure AffDots wasn't failing me and can confirm.

Deleted
    I'm really at a loss for what to do this tier. have played each spec, Affliction is probably my least favourite 'lock spec and Demo is simming 25k higher than Affliction for me at 550 item level, but I really (REALLY) hate the UVLS playstyle because of dumb dumb dumb RNG. I wish they'd nerfed the trinket and buffed Demo accordingly. so I play Affliction but it's pretty annoying with all four of our Hunters spanking out 260k single target DPS with like 4 buttons. bleh, I don't even like the raid much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I'm really at a loss for what to do this tier. have played each spec, Affliction is probably my least favourite 'lock spec and Demo is simming 25k higher than Affliction for me at 550 item level, but I really (REALLY) hate the UVLS playstyle because of dumb dumb dumb RNG. I wish they'd nerfed the trinket and buffed Demo accordingly. so I play Affliction but it's pretty annoying with all four of our Hunters spanking out 260k single target DPS with like 4 buttons. bleh, I don't even like the raid much.
    Affliction is very strong with strong int proc trinkets. When you get trinket like BBoY(or HC TF Wush) you should easily be able to beat hunters in single target damage and it's not like our spec is harder than hunters are. And when there are more than one target, affliction is pretty broken.
    For example our Malkorok HC kill I win every other dps by quite huge margin.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10349&e=10692

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    1. Play what you like and what you can be successful at. Unless you run in one of the top 10 guilds in the world your spec choice isn't all that relevant to progression.
    2. Stop worrying about the "expected" dps from sims. They are useful for stat weightings and comparing gear choices within a given spec. They are awful at consistently predicting where specs should perform with the precision people ascribe to them. They really really don't tell you how much dps you can/should do. Really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Affliction is very strong with strong int proc trinkets. When you get trinket like BBoY(or HC TF Wush) you should easily be able to beat hunters in single target damage and it's not like our spec is harder than hunters are. And when there are more than one target, affliction is pretty broken.
    For example our Malkorok HC kill I win every other dps by quite huge margin.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10349&e=10692
    meh, I coined Council every week and didn't even see the regular HC Wush drop once. I'm using 561 Bindings and 548 KTT atm so I guess I'm lacking the heavy intellect procs that make Affliction strong. I'll stick at it, 11/14 currently so hopefully Garrosh drops a BBoY for me. thanks for the link, makes me feel more confident once some gear comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    1. Play what you like and what you can be successful at. Unless you run in one of the top 10 guilds in the world your spec choice isn't all that relevant to progression.
    2. Stop worrying about the "expected" dps from sims. They are useful for stat weightings and comparing gear choices within a given spec. They are awful at consistently predicting where specs should perform with the precision people ascribe to them. They really really don't tell you how much dps you can/should do. Really.
    I am fine at what I play regardless of spec. maybe I'm not work top 10 but I like to rank and I like to be #1 dps in the raid every time, it's what I enjoy about raiding more than anything. i only mentioned the sims because Demo is still so superior to Affliction on single target in my gear that I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...50448750522368

While not exactly surprising, our damage thus far this tier is definitely on developers' radars. I wonder what might happen in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    UVLS may be a target for the nerfbat soon!

Deleted
    Feel free to hate me, but I'd be damned glad if all they did was nerf UVLS. Especially since I dislike the playstyle that goes with it and relying on a proc like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muoric View Post
    Feel free to hate me, but I'd be damned glad if all they did was nerf UVLS. Especially since I dislike the playstyle that goes with it and relying on a proc like that.
    Word, I would feel a big relief if they finally nerfed it the ground. We've had enough fun with it already.

I've heard rumors of a 40% proc chance nerf to UVLS, 5% haunt nerf, some sort of imps nerf, and a destro buff going up shortly.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    I've heard rumors of a 40% proc chance nerf to UVLS, 5% haunt nerf, some sort of imps nerf, and a destro buff going up shortly.
    Would love the Destro buff. I don't think they need to nerf Imps if they're nerfing UVLS at the same time. Kind of expect a UVLS nerf considering it's still more powerful than new-tier trinkets for Demo.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardale View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...50448750522368

While not exactly surprising, our damage thus far this tier is definitely on developers' radars. I wonder what might happen in the future.
    Hope nobody tells that rogue that even with stupidly-strong DoT snapshotting Locks doing well, that Mut Rogues are right up our asses in a lot of Siege Encounters. That's pretty good for a spec that you could teach your dog to play.....and I'm not even talking about the smart dog breeds.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-09-24 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're blaming mainly UVLS, not high int trinkets? Interesting.
    Hi