I have the exact same trinkets as you (though Normal UVLS) and only normal BotH.

I usually go with Wush/BotH for Affliction and swap BotH for Bindings for Destro (probably better for demo too?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    I have the exact same trinkets as you (though Normal UVLS) and only normal BotH.

I usually go with Wush/BotH for Affliction and swap BotH for Bindings for Destro (probably better for demo too?).
    I definitely get better results with normal bindings paired with either wush or breath than both those trinkets together, for any spec. Miss the UVLS playstyle for all specs despite it being universally complained about though and affliction bores me to tears.

I'll try H BotH + Flex Bindings tonight on heroic Immerseus as demo.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I'll try H BotH + Flex Bindings tonight on heroic Immerseus as demo.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Be sure to keep us up-to-date with the results of your test

This is valuable info for all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    Be sure to keep us up-to-date with the results of your test

This is valuable info for all!
    Just some basic assumed info that can't even be called napkin math:

A heroic breath averages out to roughly 8.3k int for 10s once every minute or so. Normal bindings gives you 11.8k int for 20s once every two minutes roughly.

Now a few people have mentioned that the 20s proc is diminished since we want more procs more often ... this is partially true, but thankfully Dark Soul is also 20s and it's very easy to line these up with AD. You can also line up your end-of-dark-soul dot refresh with the end of amp trinket, something that you either can't do with breath anymore given it only lasts 10s. Breath also gives you around 1650 ish haste (likely reforged to ~1k haste and 600 mastery) whereas amp will give you 8% bonus haste and mastery, which is about 800 haste and 1200 mastery in ~550 ilvl going into siege.

It's incredibly obvious that breath averages to more 'int per second' in a fight, and I've seen a lot of people use that as justification for using the trinket over bindings. However, it's hard to put a value on a predictable cooldown proc that has the same duration and (roughly the same) cooldown as your main damage CD.

This isn't really meant to make a point one way or another - I tend to use bindings on fights where there's a long-term boss where you can always depend on doing full dps when your trinket is up (e.g. sha of pride, malkorok). I tend to favor the breath/wush setup on fights with lot's of adds where more procs is really beneficial (e.g. Galakras, Spoils).

EDIT: Had I the chance to jump ship to either KTT or BBoY I would do so in a second but sadly that hasn't been our luck.
    Last edited by FurtyIRL; 2013-09-26 at 02:11 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Meh the UVLS nerf still hurts affliction locks that have nothing else to replace it, was forced to go back to using H BOtH. Doubt I'll see a BBYS drop before we are done with progression = /
    I wasn't specifically talking about Affliction. Yes, UVLS nerf does bring Aff down slightly, but its still stupidly high on damage, same with Destruction. Hell, Heroic Thok as Affliction you can still do 300k+ without UVLS.

Warlock class is still stupidly OP.

Deleted
    Got Bindings heroic last night on immersus, and was testing it throughout protectors and norushen HC.
    I had a hell of a lag (and have since 5.4 wtf) the likes of 3-5 second delays, so gameplay was really not optimal.

I was however getting uptimes of around 17% :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6318&e=6919

Things i noticed :
    On protectors (quite a few pulls), on the pull, the trinket was being a right little brat, deciding to proc only after berserking and everything else had dropped off. So I couldn't spread MASSIVE dots on the start.
    On Norushen (attempts), the trinket procced immediately on the pull, every single time.
    Regardless of these two things, I use TellMeWhen to track the 115 ICD, and it was NOT firing immediately after it was off the ICD. It depended. Sometimes immediately (rare) sometimes around 5-10 seconds later (often).
    This actually made a reliable CD quite, well, unreliable. I was still using it over HCTF Cha Ye, but Ye, it wasn't Chamazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Got Bindings heroic last night on immersus, and was testing it throughout protectors and norushen HC.
    I had a hell of a lag (and have since 5.4 wtf) the likes of 3-5 second delays, so gameplay was really not optimal.

I was however getting uptimes of around 17% :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6318&e=6919

Things i noticed :
    On protectors (quite a few pulls), on the pull, the trinket was being a right little brat, deciding to proc only after berserking and everything else had dropped off. So I couldn't spread MASSIVE dots on the start.
    On Norushen (attempts), the trinket procced immediately on the pull, every single time.
    Regardless of these two things, I use TellMeWhen to track the 115 ICD, and it was NOT firing immediately after it was off the ICD. It depended. Sometimes immediately (rare) sometimes around 5-10 seconds later (often).
    This actually made a reliable CD quite, well, unreliable. I was still using it over HCTF Cha Ye, but Ye, it wasn't Chamazing.
    Yeah it can bit a little bit of a bitch. Trade off of not using RPPM is that (ironically) there is a little more rng on the pull. Also 17% is basically spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Try this macro:
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)
    /console reloadui
    I don't know if it will help, but it worked for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zetsubo View Post
    Try this macro:
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)
    /console reloadui
    I don't know if it will help, but it worked for me.
    Thx, will do

Deleted
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Demonic Circles are now cleared when the encounter starts.
    Ok, who is the rat ?

I assume guilds had their warlocks port up to the conveyor belt? We were not that advanced

Deleted
    Yes you could port on the conveyor belt before the pull with good platformer skills with the Eye of Kilrogg and place your portal.
    Been doing this since PTR it was pretty funny to compete with the other locks of my guild for being the first to get on

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Ok, who is the rat ?
    hmm, exploit? =)

Deleted
    "Trick" sounds better, but I can see your point.
    Oh well at least I can still afk till Garrosh H now.

of course "trick". sorry, damn t9 ()

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Ok, who is the rat ?
    I felt the same way when I saw the fix about using Command Demon while the pet is CCed.

Regarding Siegecrafter, you can still ignore the debuff after going up on the track, right? As in when you jump up the first time, you put up a demonic circle, then when you're done first time, you run back, jump into one of the pipes which will knock you into the air where you teleport up to the track (instead of being thrown back to the floor again). Hunters have been able to do the same with disengage. Which I think is why Paragon brought 2 hunters and 2 locks for this fight...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Regarding Siegecrafter, you can still ignore the debuff after going up on the track, right? As in when you jump up the first time, you put up a demonic circle, then when you're done first time, you run back, jump into one of the pipes which will knock you into the air where you teleport up to the track (instead of being thrown back to the floor again). Hunters have been able to do the same with disengage. Which I think is why Paragon brought 2 hunters and 2 locks for this fight...
    Locks most likely for boss damage, hunters to deal with the conveyors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Locks most likely for boss damage, hunters to deal with the conveyors.
    Agree with that, warlocks are not that great on the belt. On boss however, we are one of the best classes. Affliction is insane for straight up boss damage, destruction is without a doubt the best spec across all classes for mine damage.

Hunters are also good on boss due to decent mine damage and slowing traps being really nice, but that are also good on the belt. The best thing for the belt is IMO clearly rogues, they can go up very often and do good damage on the weapons.