Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Garrosh is corrupted by Y'shaarj [Patch 5.4]

So, I know they have said multiple times that Garrosh is not going to be corrupted or anything but with the 5.4 PTR stuff that was just posted on the front page it seems like they were lieing to us.

This icon is called "ability_garrosh_empowered_whirling_corruption"

This icon is called "ability_garrosh_touch_of_yshaarj"
    Also, there's multiple icons of weapons that drop in the raid such as these two:
    And as you can see, they both seem to have the sha look.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: This was just posted, guess that confirms everything haha

Could be a sha empowered Gorehowl.

Update: Siege of Orgrimmar Boss List

Immerseus – Tears of the Vale
    The Fallen Protectors
    Norushen – [PH]
    Sha of Pride – The Seventh Sha [PH]
    Galakras – Warlord Zaela's proto-drake [PH]
    Iron Juggernaut
    Kor'kron Dark Shaman – Haromm and Kardris trained thousands of shaman to whisper reverently to the elements to requisition their aid. The army of Garrosh, however, does not ask - they take what they desire in the name of the True Horde. Dark Shamanism forces the elements into servitude, twisting them into burned-out ash, corrupted waters, and toxic air.
    General Nazgrim – Once a grunt in service of the former warchief, Thrall, General Nazgrim rose quickly through the ranks after overwhelming victories in Grizzly Hills and the sunken city of Vashj'ir. Fiercly loyal to the Horde and bound by a rigorous code of honor and duty, Nazgrim will hold the line for his warchief until his dying breath.
    Malkorok
    Spoils of Pandaria
    Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Garrosh Hellscream – Warchief of the True Horde.

Source: http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=6738

Update: New Vale
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2013-06-13 at 01:49 AM.

As an Old God fan, I like this.

Clearly it means he's been corrupted and/or empowered by Y'shaarj (or what's left of him).

Hellz yeah. I'm tired of all of the "Derp another corrupted derp to herp" arguments. Yeah, because just being a bad dude is so much more exciting. WEWTNESS!

Inb4 "Sha (Infused/Corrupted) Gorehowl" is a loot drop

I think as the scenario showed he isnt going to be corrupted like "under the influence" but like a steroid abuser he will use the power of its remains to augment his own abilities in a rash choice to keep power and he will lose control of himself because of it. Thats a corruption of character based on hubris and lack of foresight in personal decisions much like arthas menethil. I don't think we are talking a full on possessed puppet master scenario here.

Which lets be honest is a change for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think as the scenario showed he isnt going to be corrupted like "under the influence" but like a steroid abuser he will use the power of its remains to augment his own abilities in a rash choice to keep power and he will lose control of himself because of it. Thats a corruption of character based on hubris and lack of foresight in personal decisions much like arthas menethil. I don't think we are talking a full on possessed puppet master scenario here.

Which lets be honest is a change for blizzard.
    It would be more interesting that way. He can eventually lose control, but halfway/a little over halfway through the fight. That would leave me satisfied.

Garrosh's new model definitely reveals that either he is corrupted by the time we get to him, or he gets corrupted during the fight.

10+ Year Old Account

Nope. Won't be corrupted.
    Gave us your word Blizz.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    New picture of what is obviously garrosh on front page, all sha corrupted.

*to slow. I for one think it's to cliche, and it could easily mean we simply defeat garrosh. Not kill him, really hope that's not the case.

People need to learn that corrupted and empowered are two completely different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Garrosh dun goofed that's for sure. Oh well, more loot for us it seems...

Yep. Finally an actual bad guy.

This pleases me, blizzard.

Deleted
    I don't think he's corrupted, just empowered, still thinking on his own.

watch this not even be garrosh. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    When they say he isn't/wasn't corrupted, it's pretty likely they were referring to the motives behind his actions. This is more along the lines of him exposing himself to the heart of Y'shaarj (which he captured in 5.3) to enhance himself.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2013-06-12 at 02:22 AM.

Deleted

Looks like Pride from FMA, really cool!

Well it kinda makes sense that he is corrupted in someway. It isn't like Garrosh himself is that powerful. I think as Danny posted earlier it won't be under the influence, but more of damn I am getting screwed, better get more power. Basically he corrupts himself which would fall in line with his character and what his father has done in the past.

As long as we actually kills him he can be corrupted by anything they want
    Last edited by Amirila; 2013-06-12 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Yessss, let's killsss him, precioussss

Yeah when Vegeta took on Majin Buu.. the first time, He wasnt corrupted. Just took on the power =)))))))))