Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They dont need range because they got gapclosers and move faster then 100% speed Retri do without talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id like our spec to move away from being soo cooldown dependent. And our burst might need a nerf tbh. Ive seen screenshots of hammer+hand dealing 200k damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Id like our spec to move away from being soo cooldown dependent. And our burst might need a nerf tbh. Ive seen screenshots of hammer+hand dealing 200k damage.
    Yeah the issue being that anyone with half a brain will just save defensive cds or cc/disarm for your wings. So yeah, a burst nerf in exchange for some sort of increased sustained pressure would be great. On my WW rets are a joke, as soon as they use cds just legsweep/FoF/grapple weapon, or just paralyze him and switch targets, and of course any defensive CDs or just flying kick/teleport away if all else fails... 2 min cooldowns are a dinousaur, there are too many ccs/def cds/ escape maneuvers now... every dominant pvp dps spec can burst every 45 sec at most.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-07-04 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah the issue being that anyone with half a brain will just save defensive cds or cc/disarm for your wings. So yeah, a burst nerf in exchange for some sort of increased sustained pressure would be great. On my WW rets are a joke, as soon as they use cds just legsweep/FoF/grapple weapon, or just paralyze him and switch targets, and of course any defensive CDs or just flying kick/teleport away if all else fails... 2 min cooldowns are a dinousaur, there are too many ccs/def cds/ escape maneuvers now... every dominant pvp dps spec can burst every 45 sec at most.
    Shhhhh, this thread makes me wet, don't ruin it!

General
    Seal of Insight no longer has a chance to restore mana on attacks.
    Glyphs
    Glyph of Battle Healer has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight to heal the most wounded raid or party member instead of the Paladin.
    Protection
    Grand Crusader no longer has a chance to activate from Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous, but now has a 30% chance to activate when dodging or parrying a melee attack (up from 12%).
    Any one else feel like they were kicked where no one wants to be kicked? If this change goes live I don't think I can stomach my ret any more. They really should just make the glyph ret only which fixes the problem of prot doing too much healing.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

It would be very interesting to give a Ret-analogue for KM DK procs, which would activate from autoattacks and allow next TV to deal full holy damage, I think.
    Well, at least one can dream)

Quote Originally Posted by Greelix View Post
    Any one else feel like they were kicked where no one wants to be kicked? If this change goes live I don't think I can stomach my ret any more. They really should just make the glyph ret only which fixes the problem of prot doing too much healing.
    I don't see how any of that affects Retribution. No ret uses Seal of Insight. Also,

Glyph of Divine Shield (NYI) - Removing harmful effects with Divine Shield heals you for 0% for each effect removed.

mmmm the Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I don't see how any of that affects Retribution. No ret uses Seal of Insight. Also,

Glyph of Divine Shield (NYI) - Removing harmful effects with Divine Shield heals you for 0% for each effect removed.

mmmm the Rage.
    Depending on how much it heals for.. Might be good.
    Hoping for 25% of our health for each effect.. bubble at low health.. GG full health again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Depending on how much it heals for.. Might be good.
    Hoping for 25% of our health for each effect.. bubble at low health.. GG full health again.
    Since it's a glyph and Blizzard doesn't want glyphs to do good stuff for Paladins, it's more like ... 1% or 2% for each effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    Since it's a glyph and Blizzard doesn't want glyphs to do good stuff for Paladins, it's more like ... 1% or 2% for each effect.
    25% is way too high but 1%-2% is stupidly low.

The first number popped into my head was 5% for each debuff. But since there is Battle Fatigue it would make more sense if the healing was 10% per debuff. This will be useful when fighting a team that dispells our Divine shield almost instantly. Or playing without a healer (2s,BGs,experimenting).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm into about 4% also. DS usualy remove about 6 to 10 effects. This might be really sweet anyway.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

10% per. With a max of 50% isn't bad at all. The 50% is almost a guarantee each time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Blizzard must be high or making mistakes. They never buff Paladins, Ret nevertheless.
    It took them about six months to fix the paladin fuck-ups in Cata. Now it's been... 9 months or so?

- - - Updated - - -

10% per. With a max of 50% isn't bad at all. The 50% is almost a guarantee each time.
    Especially if combined with one of those hp-increasing PvP trinkets.

What's the rule about %based heals and BF? Does this mean it'd top out at ~35% in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Especially if combined with one of those hp-increasing PvP trinkets.
    The on-use gives what, ~60k? You're looking at ~20-30k healing extra from a 2.5 or 5min CD situationally. Being best-case scenario, you're getting a ~30k heal every 2.5 mins (worst case is ~20k every 5 mins)...It's not nothing, but it's not much, either. From a ret POV, I'd still stick with either 2x PVE trinkets or on-use+proc PVP ones (IMO). Still a cool glyph, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I'm happy for increased healing and such, but it doesnt change the fact, that offensive side, Ret will remain a one trick pony - either burst with all cd's , or do no damage at all.
    It's stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I'm happy for increased healing and such, but it doesnt change the fact, that offensive side, Ret will remain a one trick pony - either burst with all cd's , or do no damage at all.
    It's stupid.
    That's the curse of being a dps spec but with very good heals that can also be used on others. Blizzard has no idea if they should balance you as a dps spec or as a healer spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    That's the curse of being a dps spec but with very good heals that can also be used on others. Blizzard has no idea if they should balance you as a dps spec or as a healer spec.
    well, can't blame guys for being lazy or unimaginative while they're leisuring on dem mountains of dollars, can't we?)

10+ Year Old Account
    What i want for ret is just alternative talents. Every tier has a clear winner. How do devs not see this?

10+ Year Old Account
    They tried to make UmbSpirit better... and Purity too... but there is no way they can compete with Clemency, still.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    They tried to make UmbSpirit better... and Purity too... but there is no way they can compete with Clemency, still.
    and there is no way for SoL or PoJ to compete with LAotL, they are just THAT bad.
    Fear/Rep cant compete with FoJ, they are THAT bad for Ret.
    Sacred Shield and Eternal Flame cant compete with SH.
    DP and SW cant compete with HA.
    ES and LH cant compete with HolyPrism.

Sensing a pattern here?